test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Energy Credit Problem

agentkovalagentkoval Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I am having trouble with my Romulan toon allied with the KDF. I am unable to receive energy credits. When I sell an item to a vendor, recycle it, or sell it on the exchange; I am not getting the energy credits. To aggravate the issue, when I reclaim the item from the recycle or vendor I proceed to loose energy credits during the re-purchase.

When I complete a duty officer assignment with energy credit as a reward among other rewards, I get all other rewards except the energy credits.

I am effectively unable to increase my energy credits, only spend them.

I have this issue only on my Romulan allied with the KDF. All my other toons are able to process energy credits like normal. So far I have tried to perform transactions in different locations such as New Romulus, Home World, Sector Space, and in orbit of planets; to no avail. I have also tried logging in and out, rebooting the computer still to no avail. I have had this issue before the update 1/2/14 and the update did not correct it either. I have also placed a ticket into support, but we all know how long that can take.

Right now I have around 35 million EC on this toon. I was a gold member and had my EC cap increased to 1 Billion.

Is anyone else having this issue or a similar issue?
Post edited by agentkoval on

Comments

• Options
    caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I used to be a gold member too, however now I'm a silver member and my cap was decreased down to the 10 million mark. I had to buy the Z-store cap increase to get my 1 billion energy credit cap back. Could the same be true for you?
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Throw it all in your account bank and try to withdraw more then 10 mil...just curious what happens
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    agentkovalagentkoval Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok Thank you both! I figured it out. Once I stopped being a gold member they took away my 1 Billion EC Cap.

Thanks cryptic....
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    agentkoval wrote: »
    Ok Thank you both! I figured it out. Once I stopped being a gold member they took away my 1 Billion EC Cap.

Thanks cryptic....
    How is it Cryptic's fault for taking the Energy Credit cap away when you stopped being a subscriber? I do believe that it is stated that you may not use some of the features that you were able to use as a subscriber, and I did find it in the FAQ for the STO F2P page here:
    Q: I canceled my Star Trek Online subscription, but I'm interested in becoming a Silver Player. Will I have the same access to the game as I did previously?

Your characters are still available, but they may not be able to use all features that are available if you were to be a Gold Player. Additionally, Gold Members and Silver Players differ in Star Trek Online. A player who previously subscribed to Star Trek Online and then returned to game as a Silver Player will not have the same exact features provided to Gold Members. The Features Matrix describes these differences in more detail.

So, I ask again, how is it Cryptic's fault for taking it away?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If it has to do with being a Gold member, I am so glad I got a lifetime membership.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Limitations know no bounds. Ironic is it not.

---