test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We need chest hair options!

hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
No, seriously. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to follow in the footsteps of hairy individuals like Riker! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by hawke89305092 on

Comments

• Options
    undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    +1.

Because seriously, Riker was one manly TRIBBLE, and every manly man should follow in his footsteps. I hope that come Summer event, there's an unlock that allows us to be not only topless, but hairy as well.
  • Options
    mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Totally support this. I like to make my characters as close to me physically as possible, and tbh when i lay on my back shirtless people mistake me for a bearskin rug, so yeah: chesthair.

-Seacat
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...that allows us to be not only topless...

Hold it right there, this is never going to happen. Topless characters would instantly increase Star Trek Online's current ESRB rating from "Teen" to "Mature 17+". Cryptic isn't going to add nudity into the game to satisfy a few perverts. It would eliminate a potential source of revenue (younger players).
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hold it right there, this is never going to happen. Topless characters would instantly increase Star Trek Online's current ESRB rating from "Teen" to "Mature 17+". Cryptic isn't going to add nudity into the game to satisfy a few perverts. It would eliminate a potential source of revenue (younger players).

I think this is a ridiculous statement. We already have male orions being all perky, and their females are quite scantily clad. I don't think chest hair would fall into the same category as barechested women. Unless the chesthair will unlock for females too.

Hmm, come to think of it... How would (male) caitians/ferasans look with a more chesthair. :D
    /Floozy
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think this is a ridiculous statement. We already have male orions being all perky, and their females are quite scantily clad. I don't think chest hair would fall into the same category as barechested women. Unless the chesthair will unlock for females too.

He said "topless", which implies he was speaking about a woman. "Shirtless" is the term generally used when speaking about a man. This game does not need ERP players walking around Earth Spacedock topless, male or female. We all know players would combine that with the Risian shorts in order to make their character look as if they were walking around in their boxers. Neither gender should be capable of walking around the station without modest clothing, especially on the Federation side.

KDF has partial nudity in the form of Orion and Gorn characters, but that is their canonical attire. Starfleet officers, Klingons, and Romulans were all fully clothed in modest attire.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No thank you. Better things to add than chest hair...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    No thank you. Better things to add than chest hair...
    Like back hair? :D:P
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Like back hair? :D:P

Don't encourage them.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    Not to split hairs :D but the game actually isn't rated anymore:
    STO is not rated by the ESRB anymore because we're an online-only game :) More information can be found here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Not that anyone pays any attention to the ESRB anyway...
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Not to split hairs :D but the game actually isn't rated anymore:

Not that anyone pays any attention to the ESRB anyway...

Like those people who let their 4-year olds play call of duty and grand theft auto?
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Like those people who let their 4-year olds play call of duty and grand theft auto?
    Yes indeed, that's a hairy situation for any parent to be in..
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Yes indeed, that's a hairy situation for any parent to be in..

I said don't encourage them.

*Facedesk*

If people really are wanting hair... go play a cat or something...
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    I said don't encourage them.

*Facedesk*

If people really are wanting hair... go play a cat or something...

Thanks, got any more hair brained ideas?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This thread is hanging by a hair...
    /Floozy
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread made me laugh. :D
    Wouldn't mind seeing hairy males tho, looool. :D:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Stop being silly, shirtless, topless, both are worn on the torso and this is a topic regarding males and lack of bodily hair on men It's (somewhat) clear I was speaking of topless males, not females.

Also, what's wrong with ERP? Trolling's worse than ERPing, really.
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't see why hair on the chest is such a big thing people are apparently against? There are some uniform pieces where chest hair would be evident on males, such as the captain's tunic. Not everyone is as smooth as a baby's bottom!

Plus, if they do release proper swimwear, it's almost assured males will get a "shirtless" option. People who want to have chest hair should be allowed to have their chest hair. I, for one, probably wouldn't use it on my captains, but that's just my personal opinion.

More options > less options.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I concur. A Targ needs his bristles. Squuuueal! :cool:
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As long as I don't have to have it, I support it
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »
    As long as I don't have to have it, I support it

I must admit, even if i support it, I am more into brazilian vax. :D
    /Floozy