test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO wishes

thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
I wish this game had voice over like mass effect with cut scenes which you guide the conversation with actual voice speaking the dialogue.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wish it had Bad Robot caliber cut scenes.
    With big explosions, a real cast.
    Some of the cutscenes hours long.
    With full story and everything.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wish I could customise my Maruading Boff, Reman Boff, Romulan Boff, Jem'Hadar Boff...

You get the idea.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wish they'd open up all the events around the holidays... like Crystalline :D
  • Options
    kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wish I could wear a man-skirt in game.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wish people would stop asking for jjcrap in sto.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ahaahahahaahahaha!!!!! lol, no.

You must learn to accept that some people like the new Star Trek movies. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wish that they'd care more about the countless bugs - and with that I don't mean the JHAS ;) !!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wish this game had voice over like mass effect with cut scenes which you guide the conversation with actual voice speaking the dialogue.
    My roommate actually brought up a question to Al similar to this (voiced boffs etc) and the explanation was (in very short form as I'm kinda rushed and it's also being pulled from memory hehe) This is your captain. Not like Shepard (in ME) which is a character you play, it's yours. You can make them sound as you want in your head (hell even I do this hehe) but if they voice acted it, it wouldn't sound like what you believe your character would.

So while yes, they could go that route (with lots and lots of time, money and resources) would it really be welcomed? I know lots that would be furious with our captains speaking with pretty much the same standard voices.

And there is my input in this discussion. Now i'm off to take a shower and go do errands :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ahaahahahaahahaha!!!!! lol, no.

You must learn to accept that some people like the new Star Trek movies. :P

Fine.

I wish all the people who like JJTrek would stop asking for it in STO. Go pester Paramount to do their own game, with all of the JJTrek ships. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I know... but still... =)
  • Options
    startrekisutopiastartrekisutopia Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Khaaaaaaaaaan
    Live Long And Prosper
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    My roommate actually brought up a question to Al similar to this (voiced boffs etc) and the explanation was (in very short form as I'm kinda rushed and it's also being pulled from memory hehe) This is your captain. Not like Shepard (in ME) which is a character you play, it's yours. You can make them sound as you want in your head (hell even I do this hehe) but if they voice acted it, it wouldn't sound like what you believe your character would.

So while yes, they could go that route (with lots and lots of time, money and resources) would it really be welcomed? I know lots that would be furious with our captains speaking with pretty much the same standard voices.

And there is my input in this discussion. Now i'm off to take a shower and go do errands :P

This.
    But because of this i'd like to see much more attention at the Bos in every possible way.
    The already mentioned lack if costumisation for some bos is an issue for me, I mean I see why the breen and jem hadar isn't costumizable but the reman, the marauding and the embassy's Bo's, there is no excuse for those.

Similar goes for some costumes which can not be used on bos for no good reason (prety much everything from the off duty category)

Also I'd really want to be able to send Bo's on away missions instead of going myself, even it just works like using another costume with no change in stats, but some changes would be nice too (I actually do that by recreating Bos in other costume slots, but that's limited to bos of the same gender and race)

More chances to take bos with us, after leveling is done they hardly ever left the ship before the new ground zone came around. During the last featured series the devs seem to have forgotten that they even exist.

Some mechanic that allows us to send bos do stuff on ground, kind of like resource gathering works in tor....

Stuff like that. Bos seem to be a forgotten feature to me, although they are what makes this game unique.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wish I had the ability to flag someone for pvp if I see them in zone chat.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014

You can't change people's opinions.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You can't change people's opinions.

Lol, some people think it's ok to ask for JJcrap, and get told, everyone has their opinion, but anyone asks for a T5 Miranda, Constitution, Enterprise-class, etc, and they practically get spit on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lol, some people think it's ok to ask for JJcrap, and get told, everyone has their opinion, but anyone asks for a T5 Miranda, Constitution, Enterprise-class, etc, and they practically get spit on.

It's not funny how that happens.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014

In the name of equality and fairness, I've spittle enough for both groups and then some. :D
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In the name of equality and fairness, I've spittle enough for both groups and then some. :D

Ok, well, at least that's fair........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My wishes?

Bugs actually get fixed.

Devs actually helping fleets (large get more ways to earn, while small and casual fleets get massive discounts to Starbases).

Old Exploration Zones and DSEs get replaced with something actually fun.

Vega moved to it's proper place in the Alpha Quadrant.

Foundry not getting ignored.

Events are more thought out than forcing people what they don't want to do for rewards.

Less Grinding.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited January 2014

+9999999999999, you made my day good sir!

And I also wish for hats.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just would like the 'Material Files Reloading' thing on the bottom of my screen to GO AWAY.
  • Options
    brylerichardbrylerichard Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My wish JHAS giveaway :D:D
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wish they'd add a Captain boff slot to all ships, and let us slot an alt there, so I could play one profession in space and a second profession on the ground.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I wish for ,...

- More interesting functionality in chat.. like seeing the avatar of the character speaking in chat.
    - Easier access and function of emotes.
    - The game to run better at MAC.. (I cant use the official mac version since the graphics is so much reduced compared to the unofficial version using winskin).
    - Less grind and more actual missions.
  • Options
    carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i wish we could use the omega outfit on our boffs ... and no i dont mean the armor but the customizable uniform
  • Options
    sunforgersunforger Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It'd very much like to see smaller bridges for Federation starship. I really don't like the massive ones with large, empty spaces. Speaking of which, I'd very much like to give my ship the Voyager bridge. I felt it was small enough without being too crampt.
    "I am justice incarnate: Brought to this world by forces beyond your comprehension. A cleansing storm to sweep across the land and purge it of your foul presence. I am Dust."

Dust to General Giaus: Dust: An Elysian Tail.