test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community New Years Dancing & Dabo Social Party - Jan 2 - 2 Timeslots (GMT & PST/EST)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains!

To celebrate the the start of 2014, I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Community New Years Dancing and Dabo Social Party for this coming Thursday.

[GMT Timeslot] The first timeslot will be at 8pm GMT/ noon PST/ 3pm EST. (Click here to view in your timezone)

[PST/EST Timeslot] The second timeslot will be at 5pm PST/ 8pm EST/ 1am GMT. (Click here to view in your timezone)

Make your way to Quark's Bar on DS9 (any instance) get ready to dance and Dabo the night away! Please join the PartyTime chat channel to see any communication from myself. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join PartyTime

If you can't make it Thursday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in this thread with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (PvE, STFs, PvP, Foundry, Events, Fleet Actions etc.).

Hope to see many of you Thursday! Have a happy and safe New Years Eve and Day! \\//_

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will there be cake?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    Will there be cake?

the cake is a lie
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Won't probably be there as I hate dancing but I wish you all a Happy New Year!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Feel free to post constructive feedback in this thread...

I know this is a delicate subject not only within the STO community but as a global community as a whole, but would it be possible to get more masculine dances - um, less theatrical dances - dances with less flare? Possibly with the option to select your dance preference in options, setting it to one of three options depending on how one likes to swing to the music: X, Y, or X&Y...?

For some, it might even reduce the tension and awkwardness they feel while being forced to dance by somebody dropping a Party Amp...though, one can easily see where that might come off a little biased - doing nothing for those that may feel that tension and awkwardness of having their characters being forced to do something for the viewing pleasure of another player - so far Cryptic has been reluctant to offer players the ability to opt out of performing in such a manner for other players and their varying pleasures.
    starswordc wrote: »
    Will there be cake?
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    the cake is a lie

There's always pie! :D

Note: C'mon, pie is constructive feedback when we know the cake is a lie!
    greucean wrote: »
    Won't probably be there as I hate dancing but I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Yep, the dance emotes in STO are definitely not my thing - but definitely all the same, best wishes for a fun, happy, and safe New Year's for everybody.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i was thinking placing a number of dance spheres up in the latter half of the day because of the new years heading east to west with the americas last on the list to get into the new year.

well whatever, but i will make a cake with some icing for myself to eat at the time it turns, sure there will be fireworks going off everywhere to bring in the 1st of 2014. it wont be a lie, at least i hope not :D.
    For some, it might even reduce the tension and awkwardness they feel while being forced to dance by somebody dropping a Party Amp...though, one can easily see where that might come off a little biased - doing nothing for those that may feel that tension and awkwardness of having their characters being forced to do something for the viewing pleasure of another player - so far Cryptic has been reluctant to offer players the ability to opt out of performing in such a manner for other players and their varying pleasures.

you mean pelvic thrusts, jacko's moon walk and that stupid head bobbing from side to side? sure cryptic could of done better then this but, all i wanna do is drop an amp and watch you dance. get that fat outta shape admiral of yours out of that chair and on the dance floor ;).
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • ginsters12ginsters12 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I will be there Happy New Year to you all
  • rushnorrushnor Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will there be Dabo girls? ;)
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dancing? Nah... I just want to listen to Vic Fontaine singing while drinking my chech'tluth.

(Hint: A Vic Fontaine program would be a great addition to our fleet starbase!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dammit, missed the party.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • t6850935t6850935 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    See ya all there, sounds like good times.
    :D
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes.. You need to set yourself up your OWN audio stream server to you can voice announce...Unless your going to create an in game VOICE channel that everyone can use...

(I do not belive there is the ability to have a global voice announcement channel yet...But if your going to keep being a social butterfly for us all ... AND I mean that in THE most complimentery way...... it's something to push for. The in game VOIP app package can be configured for global announcements, and can be limited to game zones IE: Quarks.

Just a heads up.. just days ago STOked radio did an event at DS-9 where over 200 people attended. It was a enjoyable if utterly insane event. I did join the Team speak server for that one but never actually said anything... Not that kind of crew ya know.

In game text chat will be scrooling on the screen at trans warp speed so you'r going to need a better widgit to communicate.. and using system announcements on the game screen is not the best solution because in the game engine we players have figured out that the way to NOT be constantly bombarded with lock box ship announcements is to shut global OFF.. I'm sure there are some folks in the Marketting Dept who might be surprised at how many of us
    have global announcements shut off.

Might not be time to use some of this feedback now, but hopefully you can use it as you have announced your going to make this a regular thing. And from a political POV the one thing you want to do is use anyone else existing resources.. (Trek Radio, MMO Radio, STOked, Subspace-radio and GRN Media etc... I know there is more, but thats just the ones I know about).

Best of luck with the event.. I will try to attend on my new TAC "Kuii" who might just have her fleet Mogh by then...

Rock on community manager dude!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    no es beuno, 8 PM EST is the return of Community.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • quintoneasttnquintoneasttn Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This photo collage project of mine should fare nicely until yours comes out tomorrow. Didn't know anyone else was doing this until a few minutes ago. Would like to thank everyone who contributes balloons, subspace party amplifiers, special effects, and even more importantly.. simply being there. A PARTy isn't a PARTy if you don't take "PART" in it. Again, it was one of the best party that I've been too. What makes this even more special for me, is that January 1st is my birthday. Had a wonderful time. Everyone was awesome. :-)

http://youtu.be/tU7jE0EEpbk
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    The GMT timeslot of the event is coming up in just an hour! Hope to party with you at Quark's then :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    totes mcgotes obvi i'm there it will be cray cray amazeballs!
    edited January 2014
    The PST/EST timeslot of the event is coming up in just an hour! Hope to party with you at Quark's then :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the option to select your dance preference in options

I'd like to see an option to be immune from those idiot disco balls entirely. Getting ridiculous when you can't even visit the bank or exchange without some derp spamming them on you.
    edited January 2014
    Thanks to everyone who made it out to the event today, and again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope to see you at the next event :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.