test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newb looking for a home

shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Howdy all,

It is my opinion that the best place to learn an MMO and have the most fun is in a social group. I have about 8 weeks under my belt at this point and am really liking STO. Many years in WoW and WoT so MMO?s are not a new thing to me, neither are clans/fleets. I found STO while looking for the next thing to sink my free time into. I think 8 weeks is proly enough time to indicate to myself that I am going to stick with this game awhile.

So, I am looking for a fleet.

I have spent several days reading through these forums to get some ideas of what is out there. Honestly, I don?t understand a lot of what is written. Although I get the idea that fleets have assets that need to be protected from clan hoppers and those assets need to be built by fleet members. Sounds cool.

Perhaps if I just say a few things about myself and what I am looking for, others can guide me to a new cyber home.

I?m 47 years old (only senile for the last 7 tho). Immature tho I may be, a mature environment is what I am looking for.
I have a no drama clause in this life. Game time is game time.
I ramped up through several online games to WoW and got pretty hard core there. A little too hard core, not going back to that life. Wound down some with WoT, but even that got time consuming. I do still start every morning gaming but never know if I will be on at night. West coast gamer, so that makes linking up even more fun.
Casual is a way of life. Although I enjoy spending my online time working with a group towards a goal (long or short term) I cannot be counted on to be on at specific times. Whenever I am on tho, fun will be had.
One of the things I used to teach when I coached (hockey) was?there is no reason to play if you do not play to win. That does not mean win at all costs but to always try. It?s disrespectful to your team mates and to your opponents to not put out your best effort. If your give your all and come up short then you can accept a loss. I carry the same attitude into my online gaming. I will learn and try to be the best possible player for the time frames that I am on. In every game up till now I have taken support roles to help the team. I find ego pretty useless, so I don?t have much of one to bruise or polish.
Teamspeak, Mumble or whatever is the next cool thing, yeah no problem. Actually prefer a headset, it?s much easier to let your mouth run faster than your brain than your fingers.
Oh yeah, I?m long winded. Just looking for someplace to have fun. Someplace that is making an effort to get better but not at the cost of their sanity.

If any of that ramble sounds like I would be a good fit to hang out with, then please let me know.
Post edited by shortcult on

Comments

• tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you're looking for a relaxed and casual fleet, the Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet may be for you. We're a small fleet, working on our T3 Starbase now and wouldn't mind a few additional members. We'll be working on our Spire, Mine, and Embassy projects once all Tier 3 for SB is completed. Shoot me a PM at @Tahna_Los if you're interested.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • adankirkadankirk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am a brand new player for this place and was wondering if you have any MACO role-plays. interested it trying it out.

Also have medical experience

And Security tactical

And Command though the others areas I have more interest in it
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sorry we don't. When I say casual, I mean really casual....
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Hi,

In relation to your forum post, we are currently a very small fleet looking to expand our direct membership. Our fleet leader is of a similar demographic to you as are a number of the members. Our fleet leader was 2nd in charge of one of the largest fleets in the game until he decided to start his own a number of months ago. He has been playing STO since the beginning where I am more recent but have been guided well by those in the fleet & alliance and now know the game well. We are currently assisting some other new players currently.

As for the status of our fleet infrastructure, all sections are either at tier 1 or project to achieve tier 1 are currently complete and in countdown. Furthermore, we are a part of a large alliance of fleets to which we share chat channels with and we assist each other in any way we can but also to join team with players from multiple fleets and do events and activities.

So why would you want to join out fleet? You'll have access to a large number of experienced players via our alliances who are willing to help if needed should myself or the fleet leader not be online. I'm second in charge the fleet and am online everyday as so are most our members. I'm not sure of the total alliance membership but the fleet we have most contact with is maxed out with members which is 500.

I'm assuming that you have a fair idea what a fleet does and how it progress and that's the other main reason why you should consider joining us - we have just reached tier 1 meaning the fleet is still in its infancy and your membership and contributions to projects would be invaluable and should you remain with us as the fleet grows, I would expect you to hold a high rank as a foundation member.

If you would like more information, please contact me via in-game mail and I will take you for a tour of our facilities and explain general fleet operations.

Send a mail in-game to @snipey47 or hanson@snipey47a.

Look forward to hearing from you.

@snipey47a
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that?s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast and Midwest (USA), Canada, England and we recently re-established our Australian branch. :D

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2410 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch. Our Starbase is well into Tier 4 and we have started making inroads into advancing towards a Tier 2 Spire. Our Embassy and Mine are fully complete. We also provide many commodities to all for donation to the projects.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don?t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
  • woodcat5woodcat5 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi,

What you read is about some players who join the fleet only to raid the bank, provisions, etc.

Most fleet have a withdraw limit by day and the access to the store is available when you reach XX donations to the fleet projects.

If you are a very casual gamer, then I can sugest my friend fleet (contact @kinoto in game or here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=961171 ) is a quiet one but they are moving forward on his own speed.

However if look more people to play on your own timezone, you are welcome to our fleet (we have cover all north/south america and europe timezones). We have training hours to teach some specific missions and if need a hand, just ask in fleet channel.

If have questions about the game, let me know and I try to help :)
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well just in case you're up to looking for a new fleet still I'd like to throw us into the mix. We are Liberty Task Force (Fed) and Liberty Honor Guard (KDF) at www.libertytaskforce.com established on 4/28/13 and about 40 days from starting our Tier V Shipyard. We're a fleet that does pretty much everything; PvE, PvP and RP.

Feel free to visit our site. If you any questions e-mail at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com and friend me in-game at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames. Take care.

-Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think you may be looking for the TOS Veterans shortcult!
    We are a mature (+30) Fleet that is social first.
    We are all from the same generation and have the same warped pop-culture upbringing that makes it fun and relevant.
    If you get a moment please check out our website at TOSFLEET.COM or read our Recruiting Forum Thread.
    Mark
  • shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Without pointing fingers, I did reach out to someone on the list....and never heard anything back.

Not discouraged however, will be trying to contact one of the other posters tonight or tomorrow.