test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scimitar console layout

the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
I'm using a plasma build. (I don't have the 3 pack, so the other consoles are out of the question short term) This is my plan - Eng. Fleet RCS x2 Sci. Valdore console, Assimilated Module, Tachyokinetic converter Tac. Ambiplasma envelope x4 Cloaked Barrage. I think it's a solid build, but I'm not quite sure about the Assim Module or Tachyokinetic converter, so that's my question. I'm also not sure which doffs and boff skills to use, if anyone has any recommendations. This is my build so far-
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=romulanfederationscimitar_0
Any input is welcome!
Post edited by the7thof9 on

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Swap the Ambiplasmas for Infusers. Ambiplasmas only affect plasma torpedoes, of which you have none on your build. Infusers work for energy weapons. Those are the ones you need for your DHC/DBB.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Personally, I would dump the cloaked barrage in favor of a 5th infuser to get max damage up front. Firing while cloaked sounds nice, but damage is king in this game. Having a 5 tac console ship and not using all 5 for tac consoles is a bit of a waste. The damage you get from a 5th infuser will outweigh the little bit of cloaked firing time you get, especially since that cloaked barrage has a CD on it.

Edit: The Tachyokinetic and Assimilated consoles are fine. Those are pretty much staples in any build these days.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • drazaaldrazaal Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2013
    The Romulan Zero Point console can be also ok if u manage to get the 2 pc bonus in combination with the romulan beam. The beam is a no energy weapon and the set bonus gives +7.6% plasma dmg.
  • the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only reason I have the cloaked barrage was because it's such a staple. I want to be able to use the ship for pvp, and the extra time without being targeted seems kinda nice.
  • howiebabey82howiebabey82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the7thof9 wrote: »
    I'm using a plasma build. (I don't have the 3 pack, so the other consoles are out of the question short term) This is my plan - Eng. Fleet RCS x2 Sci. Valdore console, Assimilated Module, Tachyokinetic converter Tac. Ambiplasma envelope x4 Cloaked Barrage. I think it's a solid build, but I'm not quite sure about the Assim Module or Tachyokinetic converter, so that's my question. I'm also not sure which doffs and boff skills to use, if anyone has any recommendations. This is my build so far-
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=romulanfederationscimitar_0
    Any input is welcome!

nice build! im a tac officer and i use a falchion similar layout 2 fleet rcs,4 fleet plasma dhc and rom hyper torps with 3 projectile doffs on fore enabling 9 torps in a stream 3 fleet plasma turrets i got valdore console too i use omega regen shield im working on fleet tac consoles also working on, fleet science i also got fleet deflector ,fleet engine add me in game howieromulan we seem to have similar builds i use a lot of heals my boff layout is below i love my heals

Lt commander universal station
    sarah williams
    engineering team 1,
    emergency power to shields 2
    auxiliary to structural 2

ensign universal station dwyer
    transfer shield strength 1

commander tactical station tovan
    torp high yield 1
    can rapidfire 1
    attack pattern delta 2(energy weapons resistance,damage upgrade)
    can rapidfire 3

lieutenant engineering station anthony
    emergency power to shield conflict but
    itll cool down and use it then
    engineering team 2 it's
    better then reverse shield polarity
    cause reverse shield polarity is a super long cool down

lieutenant science station austin

science team 1
    hazard emitters 2
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the7thof9 wrote: »
    The only reason I have the cloaked barrage was because it's such a staple. I want to be able to use the ship for pvp, and the extra time without being targeted seems kinda nice.

Its a universal console, right? You can have both 5 tac dps increasing consoles AND the cloaked one sitting in a science or eng slot if you can find something else to give up.

The cloaked console has a long cooldown for a few seconds of high damage. Its awesome, once. But is it worth it to have a wasted console slot for 85% of your active dps time?