test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M.A.C.O. Uniforms

jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Federation Discussion
We have alot of choices of uniforms on out beloved game, but what would be cool is to have actual MACO uniforms, like on Enterprise series. Have that particular uniform, and maybe 2409 versions of that uniform. We could put our tactical officers that we put as security in those uniforms. Also it would be awesome if we could have doffs that are MACOs.
Post edited by jeffrobinson79 on

Comments

• yuki109yuki109 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I really like the enterprise MACO outfit BUT the MACO armour you get in the omega force reputation is the MACO outfit for this time period
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Rather, the MACO outfits we have now are the MACO combat armor of this period. I imagine that MACO was absorbed into Starfleet Security shortly after the founding of the UFP and wear standard uniforms now...
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would absolutely love to see the MACO camouflage uniform in STO, but I can't begin to think how hard it would be to have that precise a pattern on a uniform, not to mention allowing players to change the colors. I will agree that this would be an amazing addition to the uniforms.

The fact that it's outdated by the new MACO armor is irrelevant, seeing as there are people running around in Enterprise, TOS, and Wrath of Khan uniforms all the time. You gotta respect the classics.

I'd also really like to see the rifle and pistol that the MACO commandos on the NX used.
  • jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I see your point with the armor, but I think we should have the option to wear an enterprise version too. Who wants to wear armor all the time?
  • fomaldahidefomaldahide Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    enoemg wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to see the MACO camouflage uniform in STO, but I can't begin to think how hard it would be to have that precise a pattern on a uniform, not to mention allowing players to change the colors. I will agree that this would be an amazing addition to the uniforms.
    used.

Camo would be useless in space exploration,

option 1: have 2000+ diferent sets of armor for every posible planet you might encounter or

option 2: adaptive camo, wich would make customisation completely useless.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It would be a good sight more sensible - or at least practical - than the miniskirts and heeled boots which are so popular among female PCs.

The MACO outfit is no more inherently outdated than any other historical uniform currently in-game.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2013

option 1: have 2000+ diferent sets of armor for every posible planet you might encounter or

option 2: adaptive camo, wich would make customisation completely useless.

Except that there is a camo pattern for the 24th Century Romulan uniforms in this game. Since they added that, they might as well add some patterns for KDF and Starfleet.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the point here is that the MACO uniforms are obviously NOT canon.

And, if I might add, it isn't relevant that camo would be useless in space. They wore it to distinguish them from Starfleet. You know, because the MACOs weren't actually part of Starfleet.

That being said...I think it would be great. I'd actually prefer the mirror uniforms with the skull patches, myself.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I think the point here is that the MACO uniforms are obviously NOT canon.

And, if I might add, it isn't relevant that camo would be useless in space. They wore it to distinguish them from Starfleet. You know, because the MACOs weren't actually part of Starfleet.

That being said...I think it would be great. I'd actually prefer the mirror uniforms with the skull patches, myself.

Of course the camo MACO uniforms are canon, why would they not be? The guys who wore them were a part of the NX-01 crew in Enterprise, and I think they were the best part of that crew. That was the first organization in the Federation that was really an actual military force. So, I think their uniforms, patches, combat armor, and even their weapons could make a great appearance in STO.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Of course the camo MACO uniforms are canon, why would they not be? The guys who wore them were a part of the NX-01 crew in Enterprise, and I think they were the best part of that crew. That was the first organization in the Federation that was really an actual military force. So, I think their uniforms, patches, combat armor, and even their weapons could make a great appearance in STO.

I agree, they appeared in a show that was not by JJ, so it should be available. I would also like to see the ENT Phase pistols and other gear.

I think some of this is coming slowly. When I started everyone used new fed tricorders. Now they use faction ones. So we keep up the requests for the things we would like to see sooner than later.
    Though I think if they want to monetize it they need to make them an any faction lobi costume.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Enterprise M.A.C.O. uniforms have already been created for the game, in fact. Images of the outfit were released prior to the "Legacy of Romulus." (See this thread.) Sadly, they haven't yet made it into the game (like the playable Suliban and a few other features). Who knows why they're being held back or when they'll eventually appear.
  • yuki109yuki109 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2014

The fact that it's outdated by the new MACO armor is irrelevant, seeing as there are people running around in Enterprise, TOS, and Wrath of Khan uniforms all the time. You gotta respect the classics.

I'd also really like to see the rifle and pistol that the MACO commandos on the NX used.

Yeah I am lvl 50 and have the enterprise items and even though it is crappy I still go on stfs and kill voth ships in my NX class

my boffs all wear the Enterprise uniform although it has the mirror badge because the mirror badge looks cooler I would love to put my tac officers in the Enterprise MACO outfit
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dixonium wrote: »
    The Enterprise M.A.C.O. uniforms have already been created for the game, in fact. Images of the outfit were released prior to the "Legacy of Romulus." (See this thread.) Sadly, they haven't yet made it into the game (like the playable Suliban and a few other features). Who knows why they're being held back or when they'll eventually appear.

I'm not convinced that this stuff is coming.
    I'd love to have more enterprise stuff, epescially phase pistols, but also the maco stuff.

But IMO it would more important to add some TNG area ESSENTIALS like the phaser weapons if that time (the rifles from first contact for example ect), but 4 years into the game they didn't get that quiet simple task done. Although that was requested a lot of times....
  • captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just hope they get these into the game at some point!