test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disappearing VR Doffs

mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
I seem to be hemorrhaging VR doffs and I can not for the life of me find out why. Since I first noticed my VR's were dwindling I have lost (that were obvious to me) 3 VR Gravimetric Scientists named Ralenna. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ralenna

I have doublechecked and tripplechecked ever since I started noticing my doffs going awol, I made sure I never sent any of these particular 3 on any exchange or execution. I used them almost solely for Mk XII doff console crafting and Singularity Core doff missions, its why I purchased them from the exchange.

-Seacat
Post edited by mirrorseacat on

Comments

• Options
    oddboyoutoddboyout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That sounds horrible. Since you seem to be sure you didn't accidentally use them in a no-return assignment, I have no idea why they would disappear. I would contact a GM.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately I am back with another doff that has been removed from my doff roster with no explanation.

This time it was an almost irreplaceable doff called "FCA Liquidator Homarr" here is the link to his wiki page http://sto.gamepedia.com/FCA_Liquidator_Homarr

He is pretty much a specialty doff, a Ferengi Trader, I can not buy another one on the exchange because he is bound as soon as you open the pack. And since this is happening again after I spent so much time and ingame currency to obtain him I will not be back ingame until I at least know what is causing this. It is simply not worth my time to work toward obtaining these unique VR doffs to have them disappear for whatever reason.

I have filed a bug report #2,189,559 and would appreciate any information about this issue. My current suspicion is that there is a mission in the Dyson Sphere that kills doffs and is not supposed to.
    Thank you,
    Seacat
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did you screen shot your roster? Very least(well, they should be able to) is check the logs to see where he went
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I did not think to screenie the roster, but I checked the logs, even for the 3 previous ones that vanished...nothing, they were not on any of the assignments that had completed, or on any active assignments
  • Options
    breygornbreygorn Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did the "new" enemy kidnap them!?

Seriously, that would suck. I haven't seen or heard of this happening before.
    I'd triple check to make sure nothing is ticked on duty roster, and logs, just to be sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I did not think to screenie the roster, but I checked the logs, even for the 3 previous ones that vanished...nothing, they were not on any of the assignments that had completed, or on any active assignments

I meant the account tracker logs that shows everything you do from entering zones to spending zen. A player doesn't have access to that but GMs would.

The problem is your dealing with in game GMs that are among the worse in the industry
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I must have checked 10 times on my duty roster and logs by now Breygorn, the thing is that they did not all go at once, so ever since I noticed the first ones I have been watching carefully.

And Dahminus I did submit a GM report but they told me that they could not help me and to file a bug report :/ the good ole run around.

both good suggestions, just no blasted luck

-Seacat
  • Options
    wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    silly question but it's gotten me before - have you 'reset' your search parameters in the doff menu? sometimes it bugs out and doesn't sort out doffs like it should.... which can result in some doffs 'hiding' on you. I found it happens a lot when i open several doff packs in a row...

regardless, good luck!
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wmcarson wrote: »
    silly question but it's gotten me before - have you 'reset' your search parameters in the doff menu? sometimes it bugs out and doesn't sort out doffs like it should.... which can result in some doffs 'hiding' on you. I found it happens a lot when i open several doff packs in a row...

regardless, good luck!

^^This. I had this happen to me to. Awful experience.
    /Floozy
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ^^This. I had this happen to me to. Awful experience.
    Ditto, If I was to say, show only Vorta, then leave the parameters that way and switch to a character that doesn't HAVE any Vorta, well, the result is so glitchtastic it hurts....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    wmcarson wrote: »

regardless, good luck!

That is some good advice, I think I have tried it before but I certainly will give it a go. Since im about 90% certain I didnt accidentally kill them off myself im happy to get this kind of advice.

Seems like the GM's and Bug trackers disagree on if im experiencing a bug or not so im stuck in limbo with seemingly no doff after spending mils of EC on the Maurader packs with nothing more than a "good luck"

\'~'/ ill check it out and report back with fingers crossed.

-Seacat
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well guys I tried "resetting" all of my doff filters with no luck, my FCA Liquidator Homarr is really truly totally gone to wherever the rest are. Double checked my Assignment Logs (havnt done any new ones since he disappeared) and got nothing.

fie an curses
    -Seacat
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well guys I tried "resetting" all of my doff filters with no luck, my FCA Liquidator Homarr is really truly totally gone to wherever the rest are. Double checked my Assignment Logs (havnt done any new ones since he disappeared) and got nothing.

fie an curses
    -Seacat

Did you reset ALL of your doff filters on ALL of your captains? If you change toons w/out logging out, some parameters remain, like doff filters. Same problem occurs when searching the exchange and I switch between either of the 3 factions. I end up searching for General equipment with my Admiral and vice versa.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mikec1013 wrote: »
    Did you reset ALL of your doff filters on ALL of your captains? If you change toons w/out logging out, some parameters remain, like doff filters. Same problem occurs when searching the exchange and I switch between either of the 3 factions. I end up searching for General equipment with my Admiral and vice versa.

Hmm, I will check that out then...thanks mate. I dont think it is this issue, with the doffs in question I have other Grav. Scientists and Traders of purple quality showing up, and others of the same species as the missing ones show up, but its good advice none the less.

totally thanks,
    -Seacat

*Edit* I did reset all of the doff filters on all of my toons, still no change. I do really want to thank every one of you who has posted with a suggestion, it is so much more than I got anywhere else and has been so appreciated