test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 9 = BUG FIXES Please, What's your favorite bug?

2»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,456 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Season 7 STF Accolade Bug.
    Been around SINCE Season 7.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • arcanum70arcanum70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but since they have "fixed" the gingerbread town rescue mission, I have yet to receive a single ginger bread pet (still three short from having all six).
  • falkor2010falkor2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When you enter a new map in "Team" chat but it's not really team chat.

And you have to select zone chat, then reselect team chat to REALLY be in team chat. Oi vay!
    edited December 2013
    arcanum70 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but since they have "fixed" the gingerbread town rescue mission, I have yet to receive a single ginger bread pet (still three short from having all six).

Same. I got all mine on the first day but no a single since. No gingerbread andorian for me :/
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about a working exchange for the start?
    Bridger.png
    edited December 2013
    Donatra in KASE can't have her stupid Cloak disabled by any known means, despite being the only real reason to spec into any anti-cloak skills in PvE.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was doing the Dyson Daily today and (not to my surprise) a couple of things was still broken, like that mission ship mission.

All I can say their Q&A is just as good as the CSR. :rolleyes:
  • shantavishantavi Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The myriad of costume bugs, the *most* annoying to me being the female Romulan 22nd Century uniform bugs, although all of them tick me off.

"Back on topic. Destinii is correct."

(Formerly Destinii until the 'Great PWE Forum Shakeup of 2012')
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Extra Worf in "Bringing Down the House".
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First and most annoying bug.....wandering powers.

I really, REALLY hate how my powers tray gets messed up so readily.

This is an old bug, been around way too long and actually effects the functionality of the UI.

Secondly. KDF costume slot bug.

I've paid for off duty costumes my KDF can use. Via the LTS I've effectively paid for extra costume slots.

And now, on my KDF toons, I can't use any costume slot except the first one and that's dedicated to uniform.

I've paid for stuff I can't use.....this should not be a back burner bug for cryptic.

Thirdly. The TalKyr going missing. Of course this bug had to crop up days after I decided to put my vulcan in a Vulcan ship.

Finally, not a bug per se but a fantastically annoying decision.

Losing the dyson sohere daily wrappers was ridiculopusly stupid.

The ostensible reason, to save time, is utterly negated by the design of the missions that are left requiring long go here fetch that stuff.

At least, with the old wrapper, if while fetching something you ran across some Voth killing them counted towards your daily.

The direct result of this woeful decision was merely to reduce the number of playing in sphere space.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    falkor2010 wrote: »
    When you enter a new map in "Team" chat but it's not really team chat.

And you have to select zone chat, then reselect team chat to REALLY be in team chat. Oi vay!

Not only that (and I don't know if everyone else experiences this), but every time I join a new team and team chat channel, I get another repetition of the word "CHAT" as an option under the window, which pushes the lower boundary of the chat window upward until you can only see the last sentence that was typed. Re-logging clears it up, but it's stupid that I must resort to that.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's seriously getting ridiculous just how broken this game really is, and how much stuff isn't working either as intended, or at all.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    The deflector officer doff that reduces cooldowns not working on Energy Siphon or Tachyon Beam. Worse part of it is borticus dismissing it with a crappy 1 minute check on some UI they use that seems useless in my eyes since it tells they everything is ok when it's not.
    edited December 2013
    Oh favorite bugs?....

- If this game's TopWindow() function worked so that hitting escape always closed the top-most window instead of sometimes throwing you into the logout menu while windows still remain up.

- If when changing maps, the chat window didn't show during load screen, and become minimized on map load, this is a new one. Doesn't present a very good product to new people when you can't even get your loading screens sorted.

And more of a suggestion...

- Would be nice if you could disable mission briefings in the settings like you can mission solicitation popups

Edit:

- Also would be nice to add a fourth bar (not the lame vertical one) to the your main space toolbar. We have way too many rep abilities and special consoles + devices to squeeze into 3x10 bar, let us have a 4x10.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My favourite one is the one that seems to prevent bug fixes from happening.
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Not only that (and I don't know if everyone else experiences this), but every time I join a new team and team chat channel, I get another repetition of the word "CHAT" as an option under the window, which pushes the lower boundary of the chat window upward until you can only see the last sentence that was typed. Re-logging clears it up, but it's stupid that I must resort to that.

Try going into Options and turning off voice chat, this is how we fixed that bug last time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • ruger45ruger45 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What's your favorite bug?

The only bug ive ran into that I cant deal with is the Ground Zero bug. IRW Sithesh to be exact. Ive seen threads started three years ago and the mod just closes them. Just when I was ready to throw at few bucks at the game I run into this. A three year bug tells me this isn't the game for me.
  • zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It seems like they add more ships, more consoles, more lock boxes but the same bugs go unfixed for years. Heck, some of the new stuff doesn't even work and is never fixed.

You can read the bug forum for a few pages and find 2 year old bugs. There are players in there who have made it their mission to bump a specific bug post for 12, 18, 24+ months. Broken consoles, broken doffs, broken game mechanics, etc...

My personal favorite: Since the introduction of the reputation system it still takes Hypos and Shield Charges off your player first, before checking the bank or your inventory. The daily re-slotting of these items onto my player and toolbar is a minor annoyance, but really, any competent engineer should of taken an hour or two to fix this years ago.

Also, please don't move this thread, this is about reminiscing about our favorite game 'eccentricities', we know they won't be fixed, and we're not trying to report them anymore. :D

The hypos thing was pure hell for me, I eventually just gave up on using hypos while I was rep grinding
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We've tried the "Use a season to fix things"... It wasn't pretty...

But... My Fav bug is probably the glowing Sci-destroyers.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wandering powers and various animation glitches.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any mission at Nimbus III; the "Take Items" bar first appears right over the "Return to Paradise" bar, so half the time I click on the item bar, I get transported back to Paradise City instead (right in the middle of a fight). Yeah, I need to fix my keybinds to take items without using the screen buttons, but in the meantime, it's a real pain...:rolleyes:
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Too many bugs. Trying to think which one my favorite is.

Right now it's the "Talk to Loot Critter" bug.

But as far as long-term bugs go? I'd have to say it's my hypos not going off when I hit them, or hanging into the 'gray' area where it basically freezes in the middle of activation. Likewise with bridge officer powers that 'hang' in the middle of activating, requiring me to click the power several times (usually when I need it the most) before it goes off.

Also, Season X being requested as the "Season of Bug Fixes" is impractical. You know what games devote entire seasons to bug fixing?

Games that have reached the end of their life.

Yes.

A bug fixing season is called "Maintenance Mode" on other games. And for as much as I want bugs fixed, I don't want a "bug fixing season" because that would be called "maintenance mode" for STO.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Maurading boff bug and embassy Romulan boff bug.

Although favourite bug sounds like an Oxymoron. Maybe most hated bug would make more sense.
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    See I don't get this at all. I've played all three factions, although Feds most extensively, and I have never been seriously inconvenienced by bugs. The loot critter thing is really annoying though. But the closest bugs have come to actually being a problem was that old one where it wouldn't let you turn after you spawned.

Also the abilities-not-activating is supposedly intentional. Something to do with a method of circumventing shared cooldowns by activating two abilities at precisely the same time using macros or somesuch. Still, I'd love to see a change in that regard.

But this is why I don't understand the constant plea for bug fixes. There just aren't that many. I'd much rather see fundamental overhauls, like giving us something to do aboard our ships or using GPL as the near-universal currency it is in canon.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How did this thread not make the zombie closure?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    How did this thread not make the zombie closure?

My fav bug is the one that prevents people on the forum from seeing dates....looks like they fixed it today with the bright background :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honor Guard Be'ves armor still missing after rep system added

Free camera reverts to follow target at random when doing high speed manuvering.

Borg NPC's animation ruberbanding in kerrat

Romulan TOS belt clips on females with below average waist size

Embassy Boffs head and upper body disappears after trading them so it looks like floating hands,
    eyeballs, and ears in mid air above the boffs legs.

Can't change instances in Kerrat

marauding boff for kdf can't be edited
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hard to choose...
    Until recently I would have said the Omega Torpedo Launcher being affected by the GCD, thus getting itself quartered, but now they apparently decided "that's a feature, now kneecap it some more".

So...
    Focused Singularity Beam just randomly shutting itself off after a handful of seconds even in ideal test conditions?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Under the "not a bug" department (because bad design != bug)...
    My personal favorite: Since the introduction of the reputation system it still takes Hypos and Shield Charges off your player first, before checking the bank or your inventory. The daily re-slotting of these items onto my player and toolbar is a minor annoyance, but really, any competent engineer should of taken an hour or two to fix this years ago.

I think this is intentional, so you use multiple consumable slots on the same type of consumable. My guess is that drawing continuously from your unequipped supply was the bug.
    ari3shole wrote: »
    Not displaying Kits, equipment on your character if you are KDF side. That happens even if you choose Romulan faction and allaying with KDF side.

I didn't think KDF were supposed to get kit visuals. No art exists for them. Heck, I thought they were supposed to be removing kit and armor visuals Fed side and turning them into costume options?
    notapwefan wrote: »
    watching Gorn players in suit and tie

Gorn are intended to have access to the suit and tie if they purchased it from the C-Store.
    Another favorite.

Playing vertical leapfrog with another big ship when entering system/sector space. Oh boy how fun that is :P

That's a deliberately coded feature.
    for me one of the worst is that my foundry character can't send emails when in preview mode.

Deliberately disabled.
    ruger45 wrote: »

The only bug ive ran into that I cant deal with is the Ground Zero bug. IRW Sithesh to be exact. Ive seen threads started three years ago and the mod just closes them. Just when I was ready to throw at few bucks at the game I run into this. A three year bug tells me this isn't the game for me.

I believe this ship functions at the intended difficulty level.
    Any mission at Nimbus III; the "Take Items" bar first appears right over the "Return to Paradise" bar, so half the time I click on the item bar, I get transported back to Paradise City instead (right in the middle of a fight). Yeah, I need to fix my keybinds to take items without using the screen buttons, but in the meantime, it's a real pain...:rolleyes:

Not a bug but an inconvenience. Try looting by pressing "F", not clicking.

There are notable bugs in this thread but I think it's importasnt in feedback that we distinguish annoying design from a bug. (And I would second that Marauding BOff issue.)