test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Priority One Podcast Episode 154 -- Vothing Around the Christmas Tree

kraft4406kraft4406 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Greetings, Captains! You're listening to Episode 154 of Priority One Podcast, the premier Star Trek Online podcast! This episode was recorded live on TrekRadio.net on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 and published for download on Monday, December 23rd at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

You'd better not pout, and you'd better not cry, but this is the last episode of Priority One Podcast for 2013! Joining us for this festive and reflective show are James, Elijah and Tony who have a show that's guaranteed to make your heart grow three sizes bigger. In this week's show, we talk more Trexels as we Trek Out the game with Lead Designer Craig Bolin! In STO News, we get all nostalgic as Cryptic takes us on a year in review and hints at what?s coming in 2014 -- but that's just the tip of this festive iceberg as there is an avalanche more news and presents coming our way! The Romulan Survivor Duty Officer pack is getting an upgrade, as is the entire roster itself including an awesome new ship that has not only a fantastic new console but a torpedo launcher that's sure to be a winner; Voth set bonuses that will give the Romulans a run for their money; new small craft, a sale on Master Keys and the latest patch notes to hit Holodeck before we dive headlong into a discussion on the changing state of MMOs, and what this means for the players of STO! Then, in this week?s Community Spotlight, our resident foundry guru ChivarlryBean returns with a Foundry Review of ?A Time To Search?, and of course as always, we?ll open hailing frequencies and see what?s incoming from YOU, our listeners.

Topics Discussed
This Week's Community Questions
  • What is your favorite feature added to STO in 2013?
  • Has there been a change to STO that ever threatened your desire to continue to play? Or were you that newbie passerby that nearly stopped playing because of negative feedback from the community towards the game?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
We are Live on TrekRadio.net every Thursday at 5:30pm Pacific Time! If you'd like to join us live, during the show, Trek Radio has a built in IRC Chat client. Just click on the Community menu tab and select IRC Chat - input your desired screen name and enter!

The Priority One Network is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. incoming@priorityonepodcast.com Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well known outlet for your work. If you have a particular skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by this link and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We're on Facebook! Head over to www.facebook.com/PriorityOnePodcast and say hi! Or, Check us out on Twitter via @stopriorityone for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below, Contact Us using our handy web form or leave your comments on the episode's page at Priority One Podcast.com

Enjoy the show!

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
Web: http://priorityonepodcast.com

SUBSCRIBE:
FEEDBURNER

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE

CATCH US LIVE ON TREKRADIO, Thursdays 7 PM PT/10 PM ET:
www.trekradio.net
Post edited by kraft4406 on

Comments

• Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd have to say that the cruiser commands are my favorite function of the year, though the singularity core abilities on the Romulan side of things takes a close second. Both of these mechanics have brought new strategies into the game.

As far as a change that almost made me quit I'd have to say that was back when they took the original Borg stf mission an broke them into what they are now. As a hole these missions had a good story that I feel could and should have been preserved. Really the only reason I continued playing is that I'm a star trek fan. Not saying they are bad now but it would have been nice if they'd kept the option to play through the story, like it was intended.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I absolutely LOVE the idea of player distress calls. Bring it on, that would be the perfect system for me and my friends.
  • Options
    chivalrybeanchivalrybean Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Elijah: Pay me EC and tell me your ship build goals and I'll do all the research and give you a spreadsheet with where to get everything, because who likes making spreadsheets for games? This guy.

Fave new feature? The Voth style reputation. I never had an issue playing missions to get marks, but having to run to a vendor for hypos and shield doodles was a drag. (Remember, I blow TRIBBLE up, I never grind).

What update nearly ruined my STO experience? The Voth ground battlezone. I was honestly expecting an area that would take days to take over, not a half hour. I was disappointed. However, once the sadness and woe wore off, I started to enjoy getting all the dilithiums in not long at all! Plus dinosaurs, hello!

Side note: If ARC is so terrible, then why is it bringing in Neverwinter players into STO? A co-worker mentioned we was playing Neverwinter, and was considering STO, and I was like, hey, I play STO! Come join the fun! Now he's in STO. In the least, it isn't all bad.
    Chewson Pwan - VA
    S.S. Doff Lundgren
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A question regarding the needed video editor: are you looking for a professional editor, or can an ordinary person with video capture/editing skills also apply?