test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

where is my joined Trill....

sorchacasorchaca Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Hey I'm new to this game and for my first character I made a Trill I did not get the Joined Trill add on thinking I will add it later.

I got the Joined Trill add on today I thinking that I could add it to my character however it looks like I can't add it to my character at all looked every where can't see it any where, why.

I can make a new joined trill but I have not spend the last 2 weeks leveling her to lvl 50.

Ashley
Post edited by sorchaca on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Until there is a racial respec, then you have to level your Joined Trill to level 50. As far as the game is concerned, the Joined Trill and Trill are two completely different races.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From time to time some one at cryptic mentions the possibility of adding a race change token to the C-Store. This may happen one day, or it may not.

For now there is no way for you to change your trill character into a joined trill. Sad but true.
  • sorchacasorchaca Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    thats TRIBBLE, they are the same race, why would it not work the same way as the tv series.

Ashley
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sorchaca wrote: »
    thats TRIBBLE, they are the same race, why would it not work the same way as the tv series.

Ashley

Game Mechanics override canon. Many things that made sense in Trek canon and the TV show would fall apart in an MMO.

I do understand your struggle, as My Main is a Trill who I RP as joined. However, having a species respec token is just asking for trouble.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
    edited December 2013
    For the longest time on DS9, it was believed that Joinable Trills had a genetic compatibility for the Symbiotes that other Trills didn't have. Even with that theory invalidated, any Joining Ceremony would be done before a Trill joined Starfleet. What happened with Ezri Dax is a fluke and is not going to happen to any of our characters since we need a dying Joined Trill.

Besides there is not much difference between Joined Trills and Trills except for traits. You are forced to take the Joined Trill trait which doesn't seem impressive at all and Trills have 15 optional traits while Joined Trills have 12 optional traits.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Joined trill should be an add on. Easiest way to do it is a species respec. Not sure why this isn't an option in c-store yet. I guess it forces people to make more toons?
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    For the longest time on DS9, it was believed that Joinable Trills had a genetic compatibility for the Symbiotes that other Trills didn't have. Even with that theory invalidated, any Joining Ceremony would be done before a Trill joined Starfleet. What happened with Ezri Dax is a fluke and is not going to happen to any of our characters since we need a dying Joined Trill.

Besides there is not much difference between Joined Trills and Trills except for traits. You are forced to take the Joined Trill trait which doesn't seem impressive at all and Trills have 15 optional traits while Joined Trills have 12 optional traits.

I would not say Ezri Dax is a fluke they said in DS9 that they want Trill people to believe so every Trill not demand one.

the way you say it no one should have a joined Trill because its so rare.

In game I paid for some thing and I did not get it, it did not say that excludes already created Trill characters, it said that every Trill characters on that account will be joined Trill so I'm sorry I read it for what it said.

Ashley
    edited December 2013
    I would not say Ezri Dax is a fluke they said in DS9 that they want Trill people to believe so every Trill not demand one.

In game I paid for some thing and I did not get it, it did not say that excludes already created Trill characters, it said that every Trill characters on that account will be joined Trill so I'm sorry I read it for what it said.

Ashley

Ezri is a fluke because she was the closest Trill to the dying Jadzia Dax and her position on the Symbiote Donor List made her extremely unlikely to receive one. If Jadzia wasn't dying, then she wouldn't have obtained Dax. Symbiotes are so rare that not every Trill has the chance to get one. Never said that no one should have a Joined Trill because it is so rare or implied it. I said that Trill are joined before joining Starfleet or the KDF or out of luck because they are so rare.

There is not a single game that I know of that does race add-ons. Usually, if you pick a race, then you are stuck with it. I have not seen anywhere that states that every Trill character will be a joined trill. This is the C-Store listing for it.

"A select number of Trill are joined with a symbiotic lifeform. Play one of these chosen few and gain access to the skills and memories of your symbiote's previous hosts!"

How does this imply that every Trill becomes a Joined Trill? Hopefully, this will teach you to research a product before you purchase it. You did get what you paid for since you can create a new character that is Joined Trill.
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    How does this imply that every Trill becomes a Joined Trill? Hopefully, this will teach you to research a product before you purchase it. You did get what you paid for since you can create a new character that is Joined Trill.

whatever......

Its not worth making a new federation character just to get some little numbers, I will however make a Klingon Trill.

I read the thing on the Joined Trill more then once, it never said anything about this and yes I did look else where and not find anything about it until I posted this.

If it don't say anything am I to guess, well in this case I guessed wrong didn't I.

Mostly I find people who are posting stuff like "its your fault" for like whatever to be unhelpful, so could you please do it again.

Is this game meant to be a RPG, it don't feel like it.

Ashley
    edited December 2013
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    I do understand your struggle, as My Main is a Trill who I RP as joined. However, having a species respec token is just asking for trouble..

Why.....??

some people would would change there species as much as there underware, if you would let them, plus I think they do it in other games.

The bonus that you get for being a Joined is not would I thought they would get.

Ashley
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ashley
    The joined trill and trill are a separate race as long as the code is concerned. For the game, it's like Bolian and Ferengi, same faction, different race. Coding it another way would have been complicated, and pretty much useless except for some very rare case.
    As for lore, you can always say your Trill was not selected for joining. Even if we know the symbiont don't need to have a genetic match or whatever with the host, it's still a heavily guarded secret, and almost nobody knows the truth, save for a few Trill and some people in the Federation.

As for the race respec token, it is considered by the devs, but it's not on their to-do list. It was strongly considered when the traits revamp came, so people could be able to change race if the new traits were not to their liking. Sadly, it was not made.
    I think they've said the coding is a mess, and it would involve a lot of work, mostly to clean up the mess (IE remake the coding behind).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ashley

You paid for something you indeed got, YOUR reading comprehension problems are nobody elses fault!

It reads:

Note: purchase of this option unlocks it for every character SLOT on this Account.

Read that? SLOT
    Yeah BIG difference, NOT every active character NOT every allready made character, but for every SLOT that you have.

So, you indeed got what you paid for, you got EXACTLY what you paid for as you can put an joined trill on EVERY Character SLOT you have.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You paid for something you indeed got, YOUR reading comprehension problems are nobody elses fault!

Why is it that whenever someone is disappointed about a badly documented purchase he or she made, it always makes the a-hole brigade appear, loathe in it and want to "teach the OP a lesson"?

Seriously. No other mmo I've ever played before had that many douchebags like this in it.
    some people would would change there species as much as there underware, if you would let them, plus I think they do it in other games.

You mean like those who choose "Alien" as a species do right now? From Cardassian to Jem'Hadar, Romulan, Hirogen, Vorta or Benzar all the way up to a Yoda-lookalike just by switching costumes?
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    oschw wrote: »

It reads:

Note: purchase of this option unlocks it for every character SLOT on this Account.

Read that? SLOT
    Yeah BIG difference, NOT every active character NOT every allready made character, but for every SLOT that you have.

So, you indeed got what you paid for, you got EXACTLY what you paid for as you can put an joined trill on EVERY Character SLOT you have.

Now waitaminute. Does it really say that? Because as far as I remember there is a Romulan faction specific character slot, and the Romulan Republic doesn't have joined Trills.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now waitaminute. Does it really say that? Because as far as I remember there is a Romulan faction specific character slot, and the Romulan Republic doesn't have joined Trills.

Nope on the Faction-Specific Character slots. Any unused Character slots are open to any faction. There are no more specified factions for slots since the launch of LoR. As to Joined Trill for Romulans...this is indeed the case that they are not available for the Romulan Republic.

Also, I got a Joined Trill and love it. Believe me, those bonuses you get that you think are not all worth it can really mess things up if you start as a Sci in Space. On the ground, the increased HP regeneration rate and resistances can help out. I can not tell you how good it is to break a Psionic attack's hold with the Joined Trill's Mental Discipline.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It said Joined Trill was a "playable race," exactly the same as Trill, Orion, Klingon, Gorn, Liberated Borg, or any other.

None of the others get to play swaparound- to play a Liberated Borg Klingon one creates a Liberated Borg Klingon, not a Klingon which then later gets assimilated and freed.

Sorry you somehow perceived a nonexistent function where there was none, but the error was in that perception and not in listing Joined Trill as a distinct species just like all the other playable races.
  • rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It has been mentioned in the past but it would be awesome to give Trill a Z-Store option to be joined. Once purchased you receive a mission that notifies you that you've been selected for joining and sends you to Trill for the event. Would be a nice wrapper from the Z-Store to the game that engrosses the player just a little more in their character.
    edited December 2013
    It has been mentioned in the past but it would be awesome to give Trill a Z-Store option to be joined. Once purchased you receive a mission that notifies you that you've been selected for joining and sends you to Trill for the event. Would be a nice wrapper from the Z-Store to the game that engrosses the player just a little more in their character.

this sounds good, like the way to go however don't know if they can do it or not.

race traits from what I've seen are just traits I was thinking that the Joined Trill trait would become available, but I guessed wrong.

I've spent money on this character bank slots and inventory slots and other things If I delete my character will I get them back, I think the answer is yes to some of it but I don't know about all of it.

from a RPG perspective those bonuses are lame they could have done better.

Ashley
    edited December 2013
    I've spent money on this character bank slots and inventory slots and other things If I delete my character will I get them back, I think the answer is yes to some of it but I don't know about all of it.

If it is account related, you keep, but if it is character related, then you don't keep it if you delete the character. So you will keep any C-Store ships you purchased and account bank slots, but not character inventory and bank slots. Might want to try Support to see if you can transfer your C-Store purchased bank slots and inventory slots over.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ashley

There is such a thing as Trills that are not joined and that is what you get for free. A joined Trill is a separate species to purchase in c-store which you did. It does not convert existing toons to Trills.

The footnote specifically says: " Note: Purchase of this option unlocks it for every character slot on an account..." You incorrectly inferred it meant existing characters and not character slots. You did get what you paid for... what you thought you paid for isn't available in game. I too have joined trills and unjoined trills on my account only because I bought the joined trill later like you.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this sounds good, like the way to go however don't know if they can do it or not.

race traits from what I've seen are just traits I was thinking that the Joined Trill trait would become available, but I guessed wrong.

from a RPG perspective those bonuses are lame they could have done better.

Ashley

I hate to say this since you already spent the money but had you subscribed for one month for 14.99 you would have gotten the bank slots and inventory slots for all three character slots you can create for free as well as respect tokens at each level as you get promoted which are also handy. After one month you don't lose you character inventory, respecs, and bank slots just the ability to keep more than 10 million EC at any one time. Might want to consider this if you think you will create additional characters.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
    edited December 2013
    mikefl wrote:
    There is such a thing as Trills that are not joined and that is what you get for free. A joined Trill is a separate species to purchase in c-store which you did. It does not convert existing toons to Trills.

The footnote specifically says: " Note: Purchase of this option unlocks it for every character slot on an account..." You incorrectly inferred it meant existing characters and not character slots. You did get what you paid for... what you thought you paid for isn't available in game. I too have joined trills and unjoined trills on my account only because I bought the joined trill later like you.

It dose not say anything about active character at all and that's the problem.

If it had said that existing characters where not to be converted I would have gotten the trill pack sooner and created another toon I could have done this 2 weeks ago but the way they word it, it implies that it will be converted.

I can't guess what it does not say.

Ashley
    edited December 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    I hate to say this since you already spent the money but had you subscribed for one month for 14.99 you would have gotten the bank slots and inventory slots for all three character slots you can create for free as well as respect tokens at each level as you get promoted which are also handy. After one month you don't lose you character inventory, respecs, and bank slots just the ability to keep more than 10 million EC at any one time. Might want to consider this if you think you will create additional characters.

when you start a new game there is a learning curve the last MMO I played it took months to learn the ins and outs of the game, this game is no different. so I might look into the subscribing when I create other characters.

I would like to see the story from the perspective of Romulam and Klingon, I just hope they don't copy the mission.

If the story is different from the perspective of Romulan and Klingon then I will be happy.

Ashley
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like to see the story from the perspective of Romulam and Klingon, I just hope they don't copy the mission.

If the story is different from the perspective of Romulan and Klingon then I will be happy.
    Get ready for disappointment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    when you start a new game there is a learning curve the last MMO I played it took months to learn the ins and outs of the game, this game is no different. so I might look into the subscribing when I create other characters.

Ashley
    The beginning is very different, until lvl30~~, then missions are copies, with different dialogs. However, the other faction "unique" storyline is, IMO, much better than the fed one, mostly because it was done more recently, when they had more tool and experience to make it better. And it really shows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    The beginning is very different, until lvl30~~, then missions are copies, with different dialogs. However, the other faction "unique" storyline is, IMO, much better than the fed one, mostly because it was done more recently, when they had more tool and experience to make it better. And it really shows.
    Get ready for disappointment.

I've seen worse.....

Ashley
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »

forgot to ask what is IMO..??
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It dose not say anything about active character at all and that's the problem.

If it had said that existing characters where not to be converted I would have gotten the trill pack sooner and created another toon I could have done this 2 weeks ago but the way they word it, it implies that it will be converted.

It implies nothing of the sort.
    The footnote specifically says: " Note: Purchase of this option unlocks it for every character slot on an account..."

The implication only exists in your own head. Nothing there even comes close to inferring an upgrade of existing characters.

You got exactly what you paid for- the ability to create new Joined Trill characters. Nowhere does anything printed about the Joined Trill unlock in any way suggest it could possibly upgrade existing characters. Unlocking Liberated Borg lets you create new Liberated Borg characters but doesn't upgrade any existing ones to Liberated Borg.

The idea that unlocking Joined Trill would upgrade Trill characters is solely your own assumption based, apparently, on an improper understanding of " Note: Purchase of this option unlocks it for every character slot on an account..."

You say,
    it said that every Trill characters on that account will be joined Trill

and to this, I say "Screenshots or it never happened." You misunderstood the description used for every unlockable playable species, and the entirety of the problem is that misunderstanding.

Nowhere does it actually say that existing characters will be upgraded. Feel free to prove otherwise with links or screenshots to anything in-game making the claim that existing characters will be upgraded.

forgot to ask what is IMO..??

IMO = In My Opinion
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As much as I sympathize with you, there is little you can do. What I would recommend (from this point) is that you level both of them. I don't know what your skill tree is (Tac/Eng/Sci) but if you only intended to have one character, you now (potentially) have the benefit of expanding.

Lets say you chose Tactical. What you can now do is gear one of your Trills up as a Tac/Eng, and the other a Tac/Sci. I've done the same but instead of Tactical, I went the route of an Engineer.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kyeto13 wrote: »
    However, having a species respec token is just asking for trouble.

I don't see how. Provided it came as part of a "bundle" with a rename and a skills respec token, it'd be fine.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif