test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange search bug for uncommon or better items

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a problem searching for items that are uncommon or better in the exchange. I have Aton of loot to sell, but don't know how much to post them for on the board. I don't have that issue with doffs. Is this a known problem and is it being addressed?
Post edited by indyshark on

Comments

• aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, same here. As soon as I use the quality filter the item search does not work anymore. Season 8, bugs and stupid dino story. :mad:
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope they fix this bug soon. I am swamped with items I can't sell
  • callmevekcallmevek Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can confirm this bug also.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are you searching the All category or do you have "Only show Usable items" checked?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have a problem searching for items that are uncommon or better in the exchange. I have Aton of loot to sell, but don't know how much to post them for on the board. I don't have that issue with doffs. Is this a known problem and is it being addressed?

Same here.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am not sure. I think I have all items checked. I only use the useable items search for DOFFs
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just bumping a lil, it's been this way since the season 8 patch. Havent seen any official mention of it being noticed, but it's really annoying.
    Got the same issue
  • farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    Are you searching under All, or the specific Item Type?
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013

At least fix the completely useless Recipes category. It got put in there and it doesn't work at all.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Generally all, I encounter this issue when trying to price out consoles to sell. Drop the console in the search box, then change the rarity to actually see the price range for the console I'm trying to sell.
  • molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, this is a bug. As soon as you specify the quality of an item it doesn't show up anymore when you search.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will the exchange work as intended someday? i dont understand why something like the exchange have so many problems, seriously. And why after so many updates, the exchange keeps malcfunctioning.. its really sad. Thats one of the reasons i barely use the exchange, sometimes its just impossible to find what you are looking for. That and as u said, sometimes i just desist to sell anything because it cost to much trouble to put in on sale.
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yup. I came here to simply see if others were experiencing this... fun.

It was bad enough when you would get one set of results by using "Any quality", then another (sometimes significantly cheaper) set of results if you set the specific quality.

Now you can't even use the quality drop-down, it simply returns zero results! Like edgecrysger said, it's quite sad that a component that's been in the game forever has never worked correctly and continues to break more with every patch. It's even more sad when there's no response from the developers about fixing it.

Maybe Cryptic needs to put a special reward in the next lock box: you get one bug of your choosing resolved. They'd sell so many keys they could fund the game for the next decade.
  • russell1997russell1997 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How many years can we say it's broken before it's fixed? I give it 2 more years.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Works fine for me, with any rarity. You have to be specific, though, on what category of item you're searching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • squitosquito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also it happens a lot of times that when I buy something the ex does not refresh and have to search again to see anything.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You have to be specific, though, on what category of item you're searching.

After Season 8 , you now need to be super-duper specific if you're looking to undercut with an item .

You need to :
    Set the quality
    Set the category
    Choose from a list of sub-category's

3 things just so you can get the minimum price for ONE ITEM .

Looking to sell 40 items ?
    Prepare to waste a lot of time or get bored and quit (which ever comes first) .

Prior to Season 8 , all you had to do was set the quality and drag your item to the 'buy' window and Bam , instant lowest price quoted .
  • fathom3fathom3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank God they nerfed the Sphere dailies. Now I have more time to spend sifting through the exchange...........................

If we could directly spend Zen on the exchange I bet this thing would have been fixed in 2 days.

The current search system is frustrating. PLEASE move this up on the 'to-do' list!!!!!