test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Higher-quality shuttle weapons!

lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
Given the relative diversity of shuttle weapons (we have at least one of each damage type for energy and torpedo except for tricobalt), I find it odd that virtually all of them are white quality weapons--especially the ones that come with lobi or c-store shuttles. The only blue-quality energy weapons that we can acquire for our shuttles are the Phaser and Disruptor ones from the Vault. I would really like to see blue-quality (or even Fleet Advanced Ultraviolet-quality) shuttle weapons for all weapon types available, either as mission rewards, Dilithium Store items, craftable items, or Fleet Store items.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or you can just put your starship weapons on your shuttle. Absolutely nothing preventing you from arming with the Experimental Plasma Beam Array and Romulan Hyper Torpedo, or a pair of Fleet Antiproton Turrets.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Or you can just put your starship weapons on your shuttle. Absolutely nothing preventing you from arming with the Experimental Plasma Beam Array and Romulan Hyper Torpedo, or a pair of Fleet Antiproton Turrets.

DUDE.... Omni beamn and KCB! yah i dont fire in a direction :D
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok but seriously, I just find it an annoyance that we can get blue quality Phaser and Disruptor weapons as a mission reward, but not for other weapon types. I do believe that a substantial number of players would willingly buy them with Dilithium if that were an option (presumably at comparable prices to the starship weapons).
  • talajtalaj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd prefer to see some decent shuttle-based content first, before we get into the issue of high quality shuttle-specific weapons.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It'd be cool to get a greater variety of type-S gear into the game, just for the heck of it, but as others have noted, there's no reason not to just slap on some standard starship hardware onto your shuttle (except in the case of beam arrays, which of course are not 360 degree arrays).

IMO, the best bet right now is the antiproton beam array from Sphere of Influence and the Kinetic Cutting Beam.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Omni-direction Antiproton beam and Kinetic Cutting beam, that's what I use on my shuttle, and when I activate Beam Fire at Will, it gets interesting, since my Delta Flyer will be spitting antiproton blasts in every direction,
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel