test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priority One Interviews Kestrel

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
In this week's episode of Priority One, the crew sits down to talk to Lead Writer Christine "Kestrel" Thompson about story in Season 8 and beyond.

Link to the interview.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wish they would make transcripts for those who aren't able to listen atm.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Transcripts would indeed be nice for those of us who are hearing impaired.

Or those of us who are obligated to use the computer with the sound off for a number of familial or lifestyle reasons, don't have speakers, don't have a functional sound card, don't have the proper software to play sound, or otherwise prefer not to have sound on as a matter of personal choice.

Or those of us who prefer old fashioned print.

Or those of us who are busy listening to something else but wanting to read what Christine has to say.

Or those of us who want easily citable ammunition to use for or against Cryptic Studios for internet arguments.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    This is very important!

Internet arguments are very important. Someone might be wrong on the internet and without a transcript to copypasta they might continue to be wrong without even knowing.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IMO - best line:

Kestrel: "Can we make a Voltron out of Tribbles?":eek::D;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There was story for season 8...damn I missed it after the initial cutscene I guess
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• zmacgzmacg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We would love to provide transcripts, however it is a time consuming process and as we are a 100% volunteer crew, everyone is already stretched pretty thin.

That said, we are always looking for talented community members who can bring their skills to the table! If anyone has the interest and the will to provide transcription services, please contact us at incoming@priorityonepodcast.com
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bunansa wrote: »
    There was story for season 8...damn I missed it after the initial cutscene I guess

My thought, too.
    I really like Kestrel's work, but there really isn't much of it in Season 8 as it stands.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seeing an Intrepid class featured so prominently on the blog put a smile on my face and gave me an inkling of hope that the true Voyager bridge/interiors and the promised fix for the ablative console (making it a toggle with no time limit on how long it can remain active) may be coming soon.

OT, I haven't heard the interview yet, but Kestrel's writing for STO is very good and faithful to the IP. She basically has the job many creative writers like myself who have written our own Trek stories over the years have always dreamed about.

However, wouldn't it be amazing if she had some very special help from veterans of Trek production? Imagine how awesome it would be if she could team up with the likes of Ronald D. Moore, Branon Braga, Ira Steven Behr and some of the other writing legends that helped produce some of the best hours of TNG/DS9/Voyager/ENT. I know we want more of the actors coming back to reprise their old roles, but how about trying to invite some of the writers to come back once more and guest pen a featured episode or two for us? ;-)
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If the devs really are going to try a Cardassian mini-faction for their next expansion, Kestrel might get her chance to write Tzenkethi stories. They're relatively close together and already have the perfect background to be brought in as an antagonist race.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It may be an entirely subjective opinion, but am I alone with the impression that with more Kestrel and less Geko we would have more Trek in our Star Trek Online?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!