test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dps: Channels (pve Records)

Comments

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    I have no issues with his donation of time and effort. ACT is another platform made in the same way for the betterment of the community as a whole.

And to be clear - the people running the chat channels are for the most part decent folk...

But you have to be practical.

If you use your computer for more than gaming - say banking, financials, business - are you an idiot to trust unverified 3rd party software, especially one flogged in a chat room set to close soon?

Would I trust them with access to my computer - hell no. I'll wait six months before looking again.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you're afraid, simply run it sandboxed. Sandboxie is great for that.
  • omegashokeromegashoker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can anyone answer why this new 'parser' has changed files size 2x in recent days.

could you particularize that? do you really mean the programs file size? (of the .jar file?) That should not change as long as you don't run an update. And of course it changes with an update.
    The file size displayed at the top of the program is the current file size of your combat log, written by STO.
    Just curious why STO is allowing links to third party software....
    There is no link between STO and the CombatLogReader :confused:
    STO writes combat data into a special file in its installation directory (Star Trek Online/Live/logs/gameclient/Combatlog.log) You can open that file yourself with a simple editor like notepad, notepad++ or wordpad if you want. But I think you will not have any use from that mass of data. The only thing the CombatLogReader does (and other parser do) is to read and analyse this file.
    Most likely that person works in Java and had the tools to code in that language

exactly. Java was my first programming language and is still my favorite one. The point is: As I started, i did not expect the programm to have more than 5-10 users. It was an idea for me and my fleet. Later I presented it in the official (German) STO-Forums and some players liked it and helped me to improve it. I'm very happy about its success, even if there are some problems where people have troubles to get it running. But such problems are possible with every programming language.
    Java has the advantage that also MacOS and Linux users can use it without creating different versions for all operating systems. (and yes, there is a mac client of STO as far as i know, and another way for linux)
    edited December 2013
    Not knocking you sir, or your effort.

Before we go further - thanks for your effort. But this was my expereince:

Downloaded the file 2x, had 2 different results. SOPHOS scanned it, came back red flagged. Mind you the security on my systems is set high for a business reason.

This doesn't mean it's bad. Unsigned 3rd party software is ALWAYS a RISK. And I don't know you. I don't know where you live. I don't know how to contact you. And trusting anyone from a chat room in an MMO is inherently risky.

I'll try it on my laptop running Sandboxie. But it won't get near my personal computer.

As for the links comment, it was about posting links to your 3rd-party application in this forum.
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    FFS its a jar file. If you're really that paranoid download a decompiler and look at the source code yourself.
    edited December 2013
    Downloaded the file 2x, had 2 different results.
    ok, that's strange. Did you use the same link? Perhaps someone gave you a link to the old version (there is still a 1.1.1.2 available and it appears that some people still use that link. last download says 6 hours ago)

Unsigned 3rd party software is ALWAYS a RISK. And I don't know you. I don't know where you live. I don't know how to contact you. And trusting anyone from a chat room in an MMO is inherently risky.

I'll try it on my laptop running Sandboxie. But it won't get near my personal computer.

no problem. I see and understand your point.
    edited December 2013
    jimqqi wrote: »
    FFS its a jar file. If you're really that paranoid download a decompiler and look at the source code yourself.

Last post on my perceived security issue.

Part of my day job includes network security analytics. It means I know just enough to get myself into trouble with experts like yourself.

2 fleet members have installed and used the application without issue.

My corporate security scan flagged it. I will try running it in Sandboxie on a system I don't worry about compromise, on a f2p account.

Java based exploits and malware:

https://media.blackhat.com/bh-us-12/Briefings/Oh/BH_US_12_Oh_Recent_Java_Exploitation_Trends_and_Malware_WP.pdf

http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/jacksbot-has-some-dirty-tricks-up-its-sleeves/

and a personal favourite:

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2011/01/java-based-cross-platform-malware-trojan-maclinuxwindows/
    edited December 2013
    Am I the only one having problems finding the update button? I don't see one anywhere.

I'm at version 1.1.3.0, whatever that means. There is no date on the info screen. There is no "look for updates" option anywhere.
    edited December 2013
    Am I the only one having problems finding the update button? I don't see one anywhere.

I'm at version 1.1.3.0, whatever that means. There is no date on the info screen. There is no "look for updates" option anywhere.

the updater should ask you at first start if it shall look for updates or not.
    If you want it to ask you again click on the version number. (not on the logo but on the small number below) Then select one of the first options. If there is an update available it will ask you if you want to download/install it.

You can see how it should look in my demonstration video at 1:30 :
    http://youtu.be/51Kv2QGRi58?t=1m30s
    (I speak German, but I think you can see how it works .... the video shows an older version of the CLR without colors but the updater's behavior hasn't changed. )
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Several times now I've completed ISE, read the log, and everything seemed to function and look normal. But I couldn't copy the parse ("invalid something something" error). One of the times a fleetmate was also using CLR and he wasn't able to copy either, so I don't think it's me. Any idea what might be causing this?
    edited December 2013
    Hm, it seems something is deleting the format string.

Look into Advanced Setting --> "Format Copy-String", clear the text field and click "OK". It should reset the format string to default. Save your change by closing the advanced settings dialog with "ok".

I will check why it sometimes forget the string.
  • codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like your program! Nice and clean, easy to use no muss no fuss no need to get your hands dirty to get the info you are looking for!

Was hoping perhaps you could detail what difference is with default setting vs the dps channel settings? The "Default" seems to post higher numbers. Otherwise, everything seems pretty straight forward.

Have you considered releasing the source code or starting an open source project so others could contribute possibly (or at least review what you have done)? That might ease some tensions about installing/running executables, etc. if the project is open or maybe not haha.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was hoping perhaps you could detail what difference is with default setting vs the dps channel settings? The "Default" seems to post higher numbers. Otherwise, everything seems pretty straight forward.

The default settings only counts the duration that you do damage. For example, if you only attack during a cloak ambush, your total damage will be low but your DPS will be high. This setting also doesn't care if you die or not.

The DPS channel settings counts the duration between a player's first hit and last hit of the entire match. If you only attack during a cloak ambush, both your total damage and DPS will be low. This setting takes into account death.

I believe you can fool both settings into thinking you're doing 100k+ DPS by launching fully buffed up torpedo crit against bare hulls, and then not attacking ever again for the rest of the match.
    edited December 2013

Look into Advanced Setting --> "Format Copy-String", clear the text field and click "OK". It should reset the format string to default. Save your change by closing the advanced settings dialog with "ok".

The program updated with the string set to "null" -- which of course is a bad string. You need to delete that (or create your own) for it to function.
  • agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ruminate00 wrote: »

I believe you can fool both settings into thinking you're doing 100k+ DPS by launching fully buffed up torpedo crit against bare hulls, and then not attacking ever again for the rest of the match.

this has already been thought about and if you do this you wont be able to submit your result as it measures your time spent in combat vs time of encounter.

and rejects you if there is too much of a disparity
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
  • internetonsetaddinternetonsetadd Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Thanks very much, that worked. At least I can still grab the parse if it bugs out. I hate promising one to a team and not being able to deliver.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    Looks like with the new drain mechanics being added/fixed for beam fire at Will in tomorrows patch - the 30k dps club is going to move down to the 20k dps club. Seems that those records posted May never be broken now.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looks like with the new drain mechanics being added/fixed for beam fire at Will in tomorrows patch - the 30k dps club is going to move down to the 20k dps club. Seems that those records posted May never be broken now.
    people were hitting well above 30K LONG before that bug was introduced, and with T3 research spires getting ever closer to completion, you can bet those figures are going to be getting even higher
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Parsed an ISE run on 19.12.2013, AFTER the Maintenance:

Plasma Beam Array: Critical hits: 51 (23,29 percent)
    Plasma Beam Array - FAW III: Critical hits: 0 (0,00 percent)

Good job Cryptic.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Parsed an ISE run on 19.12.2013, AFTER the Maintenance:

Plasma Beam Array: Critical hits: 51 (23,29 percent)
    Plasma Beam Array - FAW III: Critical hits: 0 (0,00 percent)

Good job Cryptic.

Same here.

Phaser Beam Array FAW2 Crits: 0 (0.00%)
    Phaser Beam Array Crits: 184 (19.24%)

Guess they patched that "feature" back in...
  • kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    DPS 11,000 channel has been created, for players who are FED UP of power hungry people within the game who just want to have a good game and nothing else. So feel free to ignore the other DPS channels, as the owner really has a power issue...

and come and enjoy a nice friendly channel where you will not be kicked abused, just for saying hello!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kirkryder wrote: »
    DPS 11,000 channel has been created, for players who are FED UP of power hungry people within the game who just want to have a good game and nothing else. So feel free to ignore the other DPS channels, as the owner really has a power issue...

and come and enjoy a nice friendly channel where you will not be kicked abused, just for saying hello!

Wow, Fantastic!!! How does one get in?

Porch
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kirkryder wrote: »

This really shouldn't of been moved.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • cmdrspiffcmdrspiff Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've started a channel called Obelisk-10K-DPS, because from my perspective, nothing says uber DPS like an Obelisk. :)

I'll be screening applications carefully.
  • zeusimazeusima Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've also started the DPS-Zeusima channel. If you do more damage than me, you get kicked. That way I will always be doing the most DPS. I feel like this is the best way forward for the community and my ego.
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OK. I just formed the DPS-Huge_Dump channel. I just frapped myself taking a massive TRIBBLE with 30 seconds left on timer. I was even able to get the optional TRIBBLE on that dump.
  • wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    porchsong wrote: »
    OK. I just formed the DPS-Huge_Dump channel. I just frapped myself taking a massive TRIBBLE with 30 seconds left on timer. I was even able to get the optional TRIBBLE on that dump.

hahahah, any more then 3 shakes is a ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    You might want to just put there's a DPS fleet, just one line saying people can join it.

This sentence is in Magenta.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here are the links to my Weapon Damage Calculator:

Englisch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pqjij3945tir5d/Calculator_English.xlsm
    German: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f6t4o880ppxq8o/Kalkulator_Deutsch.xlsm

It's a small Excel Spreadsheet (2007 and newer, should work with Open Office 4.01, too) which helps you to test the effects of different weapon modifiers, skills and equipment on your DPS output.

Have fun and Merry Christmas.
  • agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here are the links to my Weapon Damage Calculator:

Englisch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pqjij3945tir5d/Calculator_English.xlsm
    German: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f6t4o880ppxq8o/Kalkulator_Deutsch.xlsm

It's a small Excel Spreadsheet (2007 and newer, should work with Open Office 4.01, too) which helps you to test the effects of different weapon modifiers, skills and equipment on your DPS output.

Have fun and Merry Christmas.

there seems to be no difference between the fleet weapons and fleet AP weapons regaurding critD you havent modifyed the +20%
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)