test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The B'rel Retro and its Fleet Variant could use a QOL Update

erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Greetings All,

I've been enjoying my Photon Torpedo Stealth Bomber build that I've been running with my B'rel Retro fit so much that I decided to try a variant of the Build on the t'varo with my Romulan Fed Tac ALT.

Bear in mind that I had never used the T'varo has I never had any real interest in it but I was quite surprised at what the T'varo had going for it over the B'rel Retro.

Now I realized that these two vessels were introduced at way different stages of STO's existence and that the Klingon BOP will be getting some updates in the near future but I'm hoping that some of the updates that all versions of the B'rel gets puts it more in line with the versions of the T'varo.

This is my wish list for the B'rel line of BOP and yes I understand that most of the things that I want would be pipe dreams at best.

1. The B'rel Retro Fit needs the 3rd aft Weapon slot

2. The B'rel Retro Fit needs its own special console

3. The Fleet B'rel Retro should available for purchase at T2 and not T5 of the Star Base

4. The B'rel needs a 2 piece console set bonus that matches the one open to the T'varo

What I would like to see for a special console for the B'rel Retro is a console that when equipped gives a passive 20% shield penetration rate to all torpedo's fired that does not stack with any other Shield penetration abilities and I would call it the Warhead Phase inverter coil.

I would give a set bonus by combing the Warhead Phase inverter coil with the Enhanced Induction Coils that would increase torpedo damage by 10% when both consoles are equipped on the B'rel or any of its variants.

Thanks for your time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by errab on

Comments

• Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You should be thankful the B'Rel has NO console. The EBC is its console. At least it's integral, isntead of a stupid console like the fed Defiant or Dreadnought.

While I agree there ought to be improvements on the BoPs in the KDF, and that the B'Rel is a logical one to get a new variant, I think any BoP should not get a 4/3 weapons setup. That's raptor territory. Not BoP. I also think that Tier2 is too low. Tier 5 is too high, but T2 too low. Maybe make it T3, and drop the other BoPs down accordingly.
  • Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Greetings All,

I've been enjoying my Photon Torpedo Stealth Bomber build that I've been running with my B'rel Retro fit so much that I decided to try a variant of the Build on the t'varo with my Romulan Fed Tac ALT.

Bear in mind that I had never used the T'varo has I never had any real interest in it but I was quite surprised at what the T'varo had going for it over the B'rel Retro.

Now I realized that these two vessels were introduced at way different stages of STO's existence and that the Klingon BOP will be getting some updates in the near future but I'm hoping that some of the updates that all versions of the B'rel gets puts it more in line with the versions of the T'varo.

This is my wish list for the B'rel line of BOP and yes I understand that most of the things that I want would be pipe dreams at best.

1. The B'rel Retro Fit needs the 3rd aft Weapon slot

2. The B'rel Retro Fit needs its own special console

3. The Fleet B'rel Retro should available for purchase at T2 and not T5 of the Star Base

4. The B'rel needs a 2 piece console set bonus that matches the one open to the T'varo

What I would like to see for a special console for the B'rel Retro is a console that when equipped gives a passive 20% shield penetration rate to all torpedo's fired that does not stack with any other Shield penetration abilities and I would call it the Warhead Phase inverter coil.

I would give a set bonus by combing the Warhead Phase inverter coil with the Enhanced Induction Coils that would increase torpedo damage by 10% when both consoles are equipped on the B'rel or any of its variants.

Thanks for your time

Uhm dont forget about the upcoming raider buff ;) i would wait till that one hits
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You should be thankful the B'Rel has NO console. The EBC is its console. At least it's integral, isntead of a stupid console like the fed Defiant or Dreadnought.

While I agree there ought to be improvements on the BoPs in the KDF, and that the B'Rel is a logical one to get a new variant, I think any BoP should not get a 4/3 weapons setup. That's raptor territory. Not BoP. I also think that Tier2 is too low. Tier 5 is too high, but T2 too low. Maybe make it T3, and drop the other BoPs down accordingly.

The T'varo also has the intergrated EBC and it still got a special console ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    oschw wrote: »
    Uhm dont forget about the upcoming raider buff ;) i would wait till that one hits

i mentioned this in my OP ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    BoP in general needs buff. I guess they are getting the raider buff plus some minor tweaks from devs. No word on when or what though. Probably means no 5 forward weapon slots.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Honestly I don't think BoPs need a buff. I think the massively OP NPC ships need a DEBUFF. Stop the idiotic 1-shot-kills from borg SPHERES. Stop the stupid 50% shield penetration damage from voth, and their ability to be IMMUNE to all damage for prolonged periods of time.

BoPs are still great. Spike damage has killed them. So fix the stupid spike damage. Need less spike, more pressure damage. Slow building damage that you can react to, instead of roll-the-dice-oops-you're-dead-before-you-got-into-weapons-range.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    BoP in general needs buff. I guess they are getting the raider buff plus some minor tweaks from devs. No word on when or what though. Probably means no 5 forward weapon slots.

I wholeheartedly agree.

What grabbed me is just how similar yet so far apart the B'rel retro and the T'varo retro fit truly are.

B'rel Retro has the EBC, 4 all universal Boff stations with a 4 x 2 Weapon layout and a Fleet Variant that gives it a pinch more hull and shields with one extra Engineering console slot that the KDF can unlock at Star Base level T5.

T'varo has the EBC, 4 static and one Universal Boff Station with a 4 x 3 weapon layout, its own special console, a 2 piece console set bonus, singularity abilities, slightly better hull and shields than the B'rel with a slightly lower turn rate, a fleet version that gives it more hull and shields and one extra Tactical Console slot that can be unlocked for purchase at Star Base level T1.

I am aware the all warbirds come with a -40 power but I see that has a nonfactor has I own them all and have no issues what so ever managing my power levels.

I'm sorry but the B'rels 4 universal boff slots are nowhere near has valuable to me has the extras the T'varo gets.

I would take the T'varo?s boff layout with its 5 stations over the B?rels 4 universal any day but that's just me.

I hope that any improvements made to the B'rel at bare minimum include a 3rd aft weapon slot and a special console of its own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The entire Rom faction is so OP it's moronic. I wouldn't want to make the KDF as bad as the ROMs. ROMs are ruining the game.

2 wrongs do not make a right. Let's not copy the roms with kdf equivelant.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fleet B'rel also gets the EBC so no its not the c-store console

aaaand the T'varo gets EBC plus console plus 2-piece bonus if you also buy the Refit
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Too much emphasis is given to consoles. They're not that important when compared to the ship itself.
  • Options
    mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OP: Lol. You missed the most important thing

The Tier 2 B'roth skin doesnt work with the Fleet Brel, just normal.

Ugh.... its like nobody cares.
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

My KDF Fleet is still at least 5 months away from T5 so I had not given much thought to the issue with the skin.

I had been considering Fleet Jumping for a min so a could buy the Fleet B'rel Retro but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Haven't a fleet variant yet, just the regular B'rel. Spliced in th enew skin for it. Looking good.

Yeah that skin needs to be made available to fleet versions, doesn't make sense!
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    really once this flanking buff is in game for Bops 1 thing really stands out for a BoP revamp. don't change the ships anymore they are what they are. but let us fly in packs

they never attacked alone always in 3s so let us promote Boffs and fly other bops we own as our wingmen. have it work like ground boffs but limit it to 2 .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Wrong post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013

B'rolth is actually tier 1.
    The tier 2 one is the Qaw'dun.;)
  • Options
    oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    B'rolth is actually tier 1.
    The tier 2 one is the Qaw'dun.;)

he wasn't talking the ships themselfs, he was talking about the B'rolth skin being used on the Fleet B'rel. since the B'rolth is itself a variant of the B'rel, the skin of it can work on the Tier 5 B'rel Retrofit but somebody on Cryptic's Art Department either just ignore (KDF hate) or forgot to program it on the Fleet B'rel Retro thus only leaving the Tier 5 B'rel C-Store version with the B'rolth skin being used.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    he wasn't talking the ships themselfs, he was talking about the B'rolth skin being used on the Fleet B'rel. since the B'rolth is itself a variant of the B'rel, the skin of it can work on the Tier 5 B'rel Retrofit but somebody on Cryptic's Art Department either just ignore (KDF hate) or forgot to program it on the Fleet B'rel Retro thus only leaving the Tier 5 B'rel C-Store version with the B'rolth skin being used.

Still doesn't have anything to do with tier 2.
    Just tiers 1 & 5, right?

The reason for the problems with the skin not working on the fleet version is probably related to the fact the ship is still internally referred to as D'gavama which is what it was called on tribble before it was removed for the F2P introduction and then finally released this year as B'rolth.
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Too much emphasis is given to consoles. They're not that important when compared to the ship itself.

Isn't the ship it self outclassed in terms of stats? And availability, the player starved KDF has to wait till T5 to get Fleet B'rel vs T'varo? And console layout? +1 Eng? Why not +1 Tac or Sci, since that's what BOPs do best?