Install Arc

KDF wishlist

2»

Comments

• tain4tain4 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lots of good stuff already suggested.

My personal wishlist would be as follows:

1. More canon costume options. The two most glaring omissions being the leather style armor as seen on general Chang and his guards, and the long coat things klingon captains often wore, such as Kruge leading his away team in STIII. That coat showed up in TNG a bunch too and its strange we do not have it.

2. A non Fleet T5 k't'inga retrofit

3. A properly scaled bridge or two. Klingon bridges were always CRAMPED. They were designed to give off the vibe of a submarine. We see none of that in here.

4. Properly scaled Batleths. I feel like I am running around with a building support in my hands when I equip one of these things
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Most of my wishes were covered by the second post here. So here's my pet-peeves instead.

A better translation of theme from Fed when offering similar reward missions.

We should be Dilithium Mine Raiding, not mining.

We should have built a Marauding Outpost, not a Diplomatic Embassy.

We should be pressing cluster systems for tribute, not coming to their aid.

I would also completely re-write the reason we are on DS9 for the Dominion arc.

It makes no sense us being present because the threat is too great. Very weak writing. I would instead make it the Bajorians who insisted on our help, who demanded Starfleet call a cease fire in that sector of space and the Bajorians parlay for our aid rather than Starfleet.

We need a better, clearer progression of the war as we level. There needs to be a few key conversations with our mission givers as we work through our story arcs which paint the war as going cold as we level, or at least let us know why there are cease fire arrangements in specific regions. It needs to become an over-arching theme with our missions: At first we are on the front lines, as we level we are dragged into the deeper intrigue, the reason for the war: working to eradicate the Undine from our quadrant; must become far more prevalent.

I would continue to suggest some missions at the very end are re-written to show that not the KDF and Starfleet, but Klingon Intelligence and Secton 31 are working together to fight the Borg threat, that you are involved because you have seen the truth - it isnt about fighting Starfleet, it is about stopping the Undine, and the Borg incursion.

I shouldn't have to dig the internet for a 3rd party site that outlines the Path to 2409, and glean the reasons for the war from there. It should have been in my face the whole time, and the story should unfold and mature as my character does.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bug fixing

Buff to Klingon Birds of Prey

C-Store Negh'Var Retrofit that comes with a new Special Console

K'Vort Class , K'Vort Refit , K'Vort Retrofit , Fleet K'Vort

New Outfits

K't'inga Battle Cruiser Retrofit moved from Fleet shipyards to C-Store

Fleet B'Rel requiring Tier 1 shipyard instead of Tier 5 shipyard

New Klingon Melee weapons
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Battle cloaks for Raptors or some BoP equivalent of other factions' very powerful attack ships (either through changes to existing BoP's or by adding new C-store BoP).

New C-store ships.

Fleet versions of more C-store ships (Guramba, Kar'Fi?).

Equal attention in promotion actions (anyone remember the Steamrunner or the Romulan packs?).

More players.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited September 2013
    tain4 wrote: »
    4. Properly scaled Batleths. I feel like I am running around with a building support in my hands when I equip one of these things

Neh neh neh neh neh neh neh neh neh Bat'leth Man!
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    NO kidding!

The KDF has NO Packs What So Ever! We are Proportionally EMPTY!
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jnohd wrote: »
    i Would Also Completely Re-write The Reason We Are On Ds9 For The Dominion Arc.

It Makes No Sense Us Being Present Because The Threat Is Too Great. Very Weak Writing. I Would Instead Make It The Bajorians Who Insisted On Our Help, Who Demanded Starfleet Call A Cease Fire In That Sector Of Space And The Bajorians Parlay For Our Aid Rather Than Starfleet.

We Need A Better, Clearer Progression Of The War As We Level. There Needs To Be A Few Key Conversations With Our Mission Givers As We Work Through Our Story Arcs Which Paint The War As Going Cold As We Level, Or At Least Let Us Know Why There Are Cease Fire Arrangements In Specific Regions. It Needs To Become An Over-arching Theme With Our Missions: At First We Are On The Front Lines, As We Level We Are Dragged Into The Deeper Intrigue, The Reason For The War: Working To Eradicate The Undine From Our Quadrant; Must Become Far More Prevalent.

I Would Continue To Suggest Some Missions At The Very End Are Re-written To Show That Not The Kdf And Starfleet, But Klingon Intelligence And Secton 31 Are Working Together To Fight The Borg Threat, That You Are Involved Because You Have Seen The Truth - It Isnt About Fighting Starfleet, It Is About Stopping The Undine, And The Borg Incursion.

I Shouldn't Have To Dig The Internet For A 3rd Party Site That Outlines The Path To 2409, And Glean The Reasons For The War From There. It Should Have Been In My Face The Whole Time, And The Story Should Unfold And Mature As My Character Does.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jnohd wrote: »
    Most of my wishes were covered by the second post here. So here's my pet-peeves instead.

A better translation of theme from Fed when offering similar reward missions.

We should be Dilithium Mine Raiding, not mining.

We should have built a Marauding Outpost, not a Diplomatic Embassy.

We should be pressing cluster systems for tribute, not coming to their aid.

I would also completely re-write the reason we are on DS9 for the Dominion arc.

It makes no sense us being present because the threat is too great. Very weak writing. I would instead make it the Bajorians who insisted on our help, who demanded Starfleet call a cease fire in that sector of space and the Bajorians parlay for our aid rather than Starfleet.

We need a better, clearer progression of the war as we level. There needs to be a few key conversations with our mission givers as we work through our story arcs which paint the war as going cold as we level, or at least let us know why there are cease fire arrangements in specific regions. It needs to become an over-arching theme with our missions: At first we are on the front lines, as we level we are dragged into the deeper intrigue, the reason for the war: working to eradicate the Undine from our quadrant; must become far more prevalent.

I would continue to suggest some missions at the very end are re-written to show that not the KDF and Starfleet, but Klingon Intelligence and Secton 31 are working together to fight the Borg threat, that you are involved because you have seen the truth - it isnt about fighting Starfleet, it is about stopping the Undine, and the Borg incursion.

I shouldn't have to dig the internet for a 3rd party site that outlines the Path to 2409, and glean the reasons for the war from there. It should have been in my face the whole time, and the story should unfold and mature as my character does.

By all that is Holy..Yes! Yes! Thrice I say, Yes!.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • xelkhasxelkhas Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    B'rothl skin for the fleet B'rel.
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This may have already been said, but I think the KDF needs those long coats/robes/whatever some of the NPCs have.