test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If boredom is setting in now is a great time to roll a KDF toon

newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
If you don't have one or have not gone through the New tutorial and New first 10 levels now is a great time!

You get a free c-store bop and you will get to play some great New missions that have you go up against section 31 and it's agents.

It's mission content that is lots of fun even if you are not a primary kdf player. You can claim your free ship and head off to uncover section 31's plot.

Although I have both the free B'Rotlh ship and created a new KDF toon when it was released I think I will just delete it and run those early missions again to hear Dorn's New Voice over work - and I am tired of the winter grind.

Really for anyone who likes mission content and has not done the New kdf first few levels it is a must do - and the free c-store ship makes the low level missions a little more fun.
Post edited by newromulan1 on

Comments

• g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Kdf Ftw....
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sure, if you've got a slot left after LOR. And you're out of your friggin' mind if you think I'm gonna go lifer just to roll a Klink.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Sure, if you've got a slot left after LOR. And you're out of your friggin' mind if you think I'm gonna go lifer just to roll a Klink.

Or you could buy a character slot.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »

Just buy the two pack character slots for 625 zen or about 84k dilithium on the dil exchange.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd been considering deleting one of my less entertaining toons and rolling KDF. This seems to have decided the issue.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    If you haven't rolled at least 1 toon on KDF ... shame on you! The KDF missions are some of the best in the game ... and unlike certain Fed missions feel totally in character. You only need 1 slot which you can unlock in any number of ways (dilithium for zen or straight up purchase). It is only $6.25 and one of the highest return on investment in terms of entertainment.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    If you haven't rolled at least 1 toon on KDF ... shame on you! The KDF missions are some of the best in the game ... and unlike certain Fed missions feel totally in character. You only need 1 slot which you can unlock in any number of ways (dilithium for zen or straight up purchase). It is only $6.25 and one of the highest return on investment in terms of entertainment.

This is very, very true. The klingon story is great and you'll never regret having the easier dilithium from duty officer missions.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Klingon missions are far less tedious then the fed stuff.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • mirrorshatnermirrorshatner Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you don't have at least 1 character in each of the 3 factions and claim to be bored your complaints are irrelevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    This is very, very true. The klingon story is great and you'll never regret having the easier dilithium from duty officer missions.

A KDF toon with purple tactical doffs can easily pull in 30-40 contraband per day which is over $1.6 million ec - or you could turn it in for dilithium.

But the kdf gets extra dilithium kill missions for killing 50 ground and 50 space npc's that you will go through easily in your daily grind. Most regular kdf players will hit daily dilithium cap with just a few of the extra daily missions that only the kdf has. So even if you spend the 84k dilithium on 2 New character slots it will pay itself back very quickly.

But finding out what section 31 is up to in the New kdf missions is my personal favorite as 31 is one of my favorite Star Trek organizations.
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    you will get to play some great New missions that have you go up against section 31 and it's agents.

It's mission content that is lots of fun even if you are not a primary kdf player. You can claim your free ship and head off to uncover section 31's plot.

Although I have both the free B'Rotlh ship and created a new KDF toon when it was released I think I will just delete it and run those early missions again to hear Dorn's New Voice over work - and I am tired of the winter grind.

wut i don't remember anything about section 31....

all i remember is fighting those bloody stovokor ghosts... and getting my TRIBBLE handed to me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You get a free c-store bop and you will get to play some great New missions that have you go up against section 31 and it's agents.

I looked at my Klink's mission journal. Unless you count the 3 or 4 early missions involving Franklin Drake, (which, if anything, have you kinda working alongside Section 31) there are no new KDF missions involving Section 31... Or any new Klink missions whatsoever.
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited December 2013
    dinoyipi wrote: »
    I looked at my Klink's mission journal. Unless you count the 3 or 4 early missions involving Franklin Drake, (which, if anything, have you kinda working alongside Section 31) there are no new KDF missions involving Section 31... Or any new Klink missions whatsoever.

Since I was referring to rolling a new KDF toon then yes I was referring to the first 5 missions that are new and involve Drake and section 31 - but the player must play the missions to find out what section 31 is doing behind the scenes.

There are a few more missions on top of those 5 that were newer than the original set - alpha has been around a awhile - but test of mettle - can't remember if that is new. Plus there is the New Worf voice over.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sadly the Worf VO is lost on me - for some reason, my STO stopped making sounds on my computer when Season 8 dropped.

I did have experience on the KDF side; when LoR launched, I rolled an Orion on an alternate account. The new guy is on my main account, though, giving me one of each faction (VAdm Jonathan Sills of the UFP Starfleet, VAdm Nniol tr'Keiniadh of the Romulan Republic, and now Lt. Koroth, son of Khem, of the Klingon Defense Force).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2013

wait what? sure if you're playing a stereotypical angry klingon, then yes, otherwise no.

i still cringe when i see the actions/behavior of your character don't change based on its species(who doesn't love seeing angry orions and gorn/letheans proclaiming how much they're loyal to the empire lol).
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you haven't rolled at least 1 toon on KDF ... shame on you! The KDF missions are some of the best in the game ... and unlike certain Fed missions feel totally in character.
    Well, they feel totally in-character as long as you're a Klingon, anyway. They're great Klingon story, but less so KDF, which is mostly composed of Orion girls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This. The Fek'lhri arc still stands as my favorite mission series.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, they feel totally in-character as long as you're a Klingon, anyway. They're great Klingon story, but less so KDF, which is mostly composed of Orion girls.

nah, if you're trying to roll a less "look at me roar, i'm angry" style of klingon, its still annoying.
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would love to make a new Rom and go to KDF but have no slots left and I got save up on dill to refit my ship with fleet gear.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The title of the thread is a contradiction in terms. It should read 'If boredom is setting in now is a great time to roll a KDF toon to push you over the edge into suicide !'
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree. The KDF experience has been vastly improved this year and it's now a complete faction experience that is much more fun, immersive, enjoyable and fullfiling than before, even to people that are not necessarily Klingon/Orion/Nausicaan/etc. fans.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    Just buy the two pack character slots for 625 zen or about 84k dilithium on the dil exchange.

It pays itself back in no time at all, once you start the contraband trade...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    created a gorn with black winter coat. apparently you can make a gorn look super stylish... uh yeah :rolleyes:.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I saw a Gorn on Qo'nos once in an off duty formal wear suit. Classiest TRIBBLE gorn I ever did see.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you don't have one or have not gone through the New tutorial and New first 10 levels now is a great time!

Really for anyone who likes mission content and has not done the New kdf first few levels it is a must do - and the free c-store ship makes the low level missions a little more fun.

My thoughts exactly. Just rolled a new KDF toon myself, just to see the new tutorial and into in action.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you don't have at least 1 character in each of the 3 factions and claim to be bored your complaints are irrelevant.
    I agree completely; playing all 3 is one of the most powerful advantages of STO over boredom & burnout! I've only just started a KDF char, but the style of play is quite different from the Federation; I'm looking forward to see how the Romulan side plays out.
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree completely; playing all 3 is one of the most powerful advantages of STO over boredom & burnout! I've only just started a KDF char, but the style of play is quite different from the Federation; I'm looking forward to see how the Romulan side plays out.

burned out a while back playing the same stuff. variation on a theme.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.