test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leveling up way too fast?!

aspaliceaspalice Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hmm Okay I played STo f2p for a few days and decided to buy a cheap 60 day time card to support the dev team financially..

But im level 18 and I have barely been playing for long...

I left swtor because being level 38 after a few weeks and the leveling up is by far far too fast to make it impossible to enjoy the slow leveling up and get a feeling of being better and stronger and bigger..

Im an old eve player getting used to spend months to level up before being able to fly a new ship type and use newer weapons..

So am I the only one being worried about the fast leveling? dont wanna be level 50 by next week already and having to go trough the end game content already
Post edited by aspalice on

Comments

• Options
    aspaliceaspalice Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    so I just spend the next 32 levels getting bigger ships, more and better gear and train up my boffs and aquire more doffs untill I cant get more xp?
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you hit lvl 50, you can do the elite STFs where you acquire the good Gear and face the real Challenge.
  • Options
    henrik68henrik68 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What i did with my Fed character was, just having fun and still having most storylines open after i got to lv 50!

Still i agree the leveling in this game is unfortunately way too fast for my taste as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have to echo what everyone has already said; hitting the level cap is the beginning of the game. I started a klingon character over the weekend and they start at level 20; I'm already at level 38. My reaction isn't that it's too fast, but that it's not fast enough (I want to hit level 50). If you want that level up grind, look at the doff commendation points. That stuff will take you a good long while to fully level up.
  • Options
    xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    aspalice wrote: »
    Hmm Okay I played STo f2p for a few days and decided to buy a cheap 60 day time card to support the dev team financially..

But im level 18 and I have barely been playing for long...

I left swtor because being level 38 after a few weeks and the leveling up is by far far too fast to make it impossible to enjoy the slow leveling up and get a feeling of being better and stronger and bigger..
    Im an old eve player getting used to spend months to level up before being able to fly a new ship type and use newer weapons..

So am I the only one being worried about the fast leveling? dont wanna be level 50 by next week already and having to go trough the end game content already

This is a joke right?

The only way one is leveling fast in TOR is if you power level...in STO it is a complete joke. You're going to leave STO pretty soon seeing that is takes maybe a week or two if even to hit cap here.

I also am confused on how being X level kills the "being better and stronger and bigger" feel you express. I PvP'd a ton in TOR when early launch started for Pee-orders, on my main he was X level above all the worlds...that made the experience much better honestly and never killed a bit of feeling "bigger" to me. I gained the skills and level via other players.

Taking months to fly a new ship type and use newer weapons? Dude, you'll have a brand new ship multiple times a week in STO and...well you see the point. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Warp 1.8 works just fine for us. Any faster, and there'd be no time to enjoy the trip.

STO's leveling progress is way, way too fast. It has almost completely devalued any lower-tier Z-store ships (save for the ones with transferable consoles). The early missions push you up one entire level at a time, and the Doff system can be used to level quite effectively as well. I've collected quite a few ship tokens on two, previously lieutenant, alts that I've been doing nothing but duty officer assignments on. Never redeemed them.

Could be interesting, though.

Hit level 50.
    Get VA vet token.
    Pick a ship.
    Transfer Mk II gear from my Miranda.
    And hit the STFs. :rolleyes:

KDF doff assignments are even worse. First off they've got only half the levels to go through Feds do, next their doff assignments are little dilithium grinding machines compared to the Fed ones, and then, while you're doing that, you crit the Allow Warrior to Respond to Challenge of Honor or whatever the tlhIngan word for E-peen is, and go up a full level. (Seriously. A regular success on that one gets you 2500 skillpoints/expertise. Add a crit and a reward quality boost from rare and very rare doffs and boom, if you get it right you might manage two levels at a time. I quickly learned to look for these when I was pushing KDF alts 2 and 3 to 50.)

The MU event is also crazy-effective at leveling. I'd say the only thing that doesn't make you level in this game is PvP, which is kind of exactly the reverse of how it should be.

There should be slow, gradual progress, to allow people to actually get some use out of that Oberth (zomglol like y wud u1?), and then maybe have one or two methods for powerleveling in for those that specifically want it. Or at least slow it down toward the endgame levels. Not force it on everyone by default, as is pretty much the case now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    caltircaltir Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After level 50, the game gets extremely boring.

The very process of leveling, gaining experience and advancing is what keeps me (and those alike me) in the game.

So I left almost for good.
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Levels 1-49 are the tutorial.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    caltir wrote: »
    The very process of leveling, gaining experience and advancing is what keeps me (and those alike me) in the game.

Those who never played an MMO before ... ?
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
This discussion has been closed.