What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Night of the Comet *Resolved*

13»

Comments

• devilpirate01devilpirate01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mm2ss wrote: »
    Add me to that list. I finally skipped it on my Romulan, but I do wish to run it on my Federation character. Tried everything in the thread and no dice. I even tried going backwards through the gates... Finally gave up and settled for watching Star Trek on youtube.

I hear ya, I don't wanna skip anything with my federation character so I've tried doing other things in the meantime. Now I'm level 30 waiting on a mission designed for a level 15 lol.
    There can be only one!
  • dvirbldvirbl Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hi

just wanted to add that i also have this problem, first gate will nto activate no matter what.
  • prayasmarcelprayasmarcel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    how do you trigger the gravity catapult
  • etterbaletterbal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, here another one with the exact same issue. Already submitted a bug report but till this moment i got no response back. :(

Been playing this game for about a week now and i was really enjoying it. But if this keeps up i'm off and will go play something that is nicely managed by a company that knows what it's doing.

Star Citizen looks like a nice game. Pity that it still takes a long time before it's finally done. That game does look promising though. ;)
  • deathdispenserdeathdispenser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    etterbal wrote: »
    Well, here another one with the exact same issue. Already submitted a bug report but till this moment i got no response back. :(

Been playing this game for about a week now and i was really enjoying it. But if this keeps up i'm off and will go play something that is nicely managed by a company that knows what it's doing.

Star Citizen looks like a nice game. Pity that it still takes a long time before it's finally done. That game does look promising though. ;)

I'd be interested to know if they send you the same form letter when they do reply. My response time was two days. I can accept that they are busy and it might take two days after a major roll out like the winter silliness. What i find completely unacceptable is people intentionally pretending they have no idea a bug exists and sending out stupid generic form letters that will only waste people's time further. If you get the same one it would be incontrovertible proof that they are indeed doing this. It is absolutely impossible that they are unaware of this major bug by this time. Continuing to send out this generic form letter is the absolute pinnacle of insulting arrogance. Particularly since they already have my money.
  • tau41tau41 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Right, so I'm leveling up a new Federation Captain, and I'm on Night of the Comet. The first step is to slingshot around a star to get to the past.

I do this, and I do not go to the past. In fact, on my objective tracking, it doesn't count me as going through Graviton Catapult 1. I go through the circles, following the path, and I get the screen effects like it's counting, but the mission isn't tracking any of the gates. This is preventing me from getting to the past and is very frustrating.

Anyone else having this issue? Workarounds? Anything?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tau41 wrote: »
    Right, so I'm leveling up a new Federation Captain, and I'm on Night of the Comet. The first step is to slingshot around a star to get to the past.

I do this, and I do not go to the past. In fact, on my objective tracking, it doesn't count me as going through Graviton Catapult 1. I go through the circles, following the path, and I get the screen effects like it's counting, but the mission isn't tracking any of the gates. This is preventing me from getting to the past and is very frustrating.

Anyone else having this issue? Workarounds? Anything?

If you fail the attempt 3 times, you should then get an option to auto pilot through the rings. If that's not happening, yep it's a bug (in a long line of progression blocking bugs for various missions - most of them introduced with the launch of Season 8).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tau41tau41 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm like 99% sure it's a bug. I've dropped the mission four times, exited system and loaded back in. Flew through the rings, nothing.

I've done this quest PRIOR to S8, and had no issues whatsoever with it, so I'm guessing that it's a progression blocking bug introduced in S8.
  • hayrantavaresbrhayrantavaresbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I also have this bug and according to Wiki it exists in patch 2013.
  • whoisthepumamanwhoisthepumaman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I too have the problem. It's my first time playing through the game so this is a big bummer. If you guys need any QA testers, I know some people...
  • alidarjarok1986alidarjarok1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I have tried every course of action possible. I finally get some progression going, and I cannot even play this mission. This is my first time in the game. All you need to do, Cryptic, is to enable the triggers to update the mission objectives. I am getting the speed boost, but the objectives do not update and therefore I cannot continue the mission. Very frustrating.
    Oh, what a fool I've been - to come looking for courage in a lair of cowards.
  • konflict1konflict1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just to confirm that bug is still there klingon lvl 38
  • emeraldasemeraldas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here's hoping todays maintenance is to address this -- it probably isn't.

What's really burning me lately is developers of pretty much everything seem to be wasting time adding new flashy bull while leaving long-standing errors unaddressed and introducing whole new ones.

Doesn't even seem to matter what software it is either -- like web browsers developers messing around with HTML 5 and CSS3 stuff when even the 'good ones' like firefox have DECADE OLD bugs and gaps in their HTML 4/CSS 2 implementations. (Bugzilla 915 much?)... or OS developers wasting time on goofy animations and full screen multicolored acid trips instead of actually fixing the underlying OS... or in the case of game developers adding new content when the old content doesn't even work right -- like say, docking at certain systems (hromi cluster comes to mind) or with elements inside those systems?

Priorities people, GET SOME!
  • mjszulmjszul Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Adding my voice to those that are stuck on this mission. The first graviton catapult will not trigger. As a new player working through the Klingon War episodes, this is extremely frustrating. Hope it is fixed in today's maintenance.
  • bobbyjneesbobbyjnees Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ive been trying for a week on my Fed Tactical Officer LvL 19, and its like everyone else here, either quarter or full impulse, the first catapult doesn't engage at all. So I will wait and see what happens.
  • lukahnmatolukahnmato Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Resolved an issue which was sometimes blocking progression in "Night of the Comet".

The slingshot maneuver around Bepi 113 now works as intended.
    in todays notes! hope it works
  • wilai29#4617 wilai29 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This quest was working for me before 12/5 update. after that it bugged
  • wickedshrimpdkwickedshrimpdk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have this problem aswell, with flying through the Graviton Catapult rings, and I have of course tried all of the above, without any possitive result. I'm not writting this to add the same comments as previous posts have stated, but mearly giving new people (as myself) a usefull piece of information.

If you look in your Mission tap, and scroll down the mission-line - with which this particular mission is a part of - you will notice you are able to replay all previous missions, as well as SKIP your current mission! This is proven, at least to myself, to be highly usefull, as I too were very fustrated with not being able to proceed with the mission-line.

You may know this, you may not, but i discovered it by accident, and i was very happy to have learned it, I hope this brings some enjoyment to some.

And I hope - as the rest of you - that this bug will be resolved soon!
This discussion has been closed.