test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (December 12, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still no news on the missing Dyson T5 cutscene or secret reward I see.

Really should get that moving ASAP Bran, as more and more start reaching T5, wich I might reach today if my grind fu is strong..
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Could we get any info on the KDF costume fix or the T5 Dyson rep rewards?

Also, can we get a respec token about Tactical Advantage?

I kind of advised fleet members to use it and now I feel quite bad about that.
    Basically I feel responsible for them choosing a now quite lacklustre ability.

It is a minor damage increase that starts under 50% health.
    At least it should stack.
    Or if it does not stack, it should not have the 50% health gate.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    "Dyson Tier 4 Offensive Reputation Passive - Tactical Advantage
    Fixed a bug that was allowing players that hadn't yet earned "Tactical Advantage" to benefit from the effect when a nearby player was using it."

For a moment I thought you had fixed the Dyson Tier 4 Defensive extra hull resists! (Which is currently totally non-existent).

I'm sure it will all get fixed in 'an upcoming patch,' like removal of the "Material files loaded" message, right?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The notes do not mention a fix for the Nog's Nog recipe bug. Is that going to be fixed before the event is over?
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Resolved some ship tailor issues with the Voth Frigate and Cruiser.

Resolved display name errors.
    Removed Type 5 material.
    Added Voth Type 1 material.

Just the voth ships or also issues like the c-store corsair requirement when customizing the fleet corsair?
  • amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't see this...

Known Issues:
    - KDf captains cannot complete the Nog's Nog recipe, thus cannot complete the Holiday Chef accolade!

I say let us take that chef to our ship for a tour, we have a special assignment just for him...
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The PVE queue now has the ability to search for rewards including:
    Nukara marks, Dyson marks, Dyson commendations, and Voth cybernetic implants.

Nice! Been a long time coming.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Brandon,

It seems the whit graphics bug (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=915181 and http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=932891) has been missed off the known issues again....
    Good to see the other fixes though.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just the voth ships or also issues like the c-store corsair requirement when customizing the fleet corsair?

I rememer reading they weren't going to fix this for the fleet corsair or fleet scourge as they have no options anyway, at which point I noted that still, I'd like to change my bridge to one that actually has a viewscreen...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • delbert1967delbert1967 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has maintenance started already ( 13:00 GMT ) ?
    Been getting extreme lag since then and having trouble logging in after getting kicked.
    TIA

Update:-
    Ran speed test and data parity test .. all fine .. every other app sems to work..

Update 2:-
    What the hell are you doing with your servers. You really should follow standard IT practices and stick to you times. At least then your 'customers' know what to expect. Give latency updates as required, but stick to your down time.
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good ole forums logic.
    Tactical advantage now just will just work exactly as the description says it works. People had to have slotted it based on its description before they could find out it was broken and much more powerful than it says it should be. Now that the broken passive is getting fixed, they complain that it is being nerfed and want a respec because the skill now does exactly what it says it does.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    Good ole forums logic.
    Tactical advantage now just will just work exactly as the description says it works. People had to have slotted it based on its description before they could find out it was broken and much more powerful than it says it should be. Now that the broken passive is getting fixed, they complain that it is being nerfed and want a respec because the skill now does exactly what it says it does.

A nerf is still a nerf, no matter how much the nerf herder says its a hutt!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bracing for the patchocolypse. All crew, assume crash positions.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    late starting ?

edit : never mind it just went down (3 min late ? )
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has maintenance started already ( 13:00 GMT ) ?
    Been getting extreme lag since then and having trouble logging in after getting kicked.
    TIA

Update:-
    Ran speed test and data parity test .. all fine .. every other app sems to work..

Update 2:-
    What the hell are you doing with your servers. You really should follow standard IT practices and stick to you times. At least then your 'customers' know what to expect. Give latency updates as required, but stick to your down time.

Ref. sticking to announced downtime - they are!
    Remember the problem could be anywhere in your connection chain. Cryptic servers were up throughout 13:00-15:00 GMT/UTC/Zulu. I even quit & logged back in fresh at 14:40'ish after resetting due to the S8 textures graphics bug.
    edited December 2013
    russellca wrote: »
    Ref. sticking to announced downtime - they are!
    Remember the problem could be anywhere in your connection chain. Cryptic servers were up throughout 13:00-15:00 GMT/UTC/Zulu. I even quit & logged back in fresh at 14:40'ish after resetting due to the S8 textures graphics bug.

nope 3 min late :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 3 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I'm so excited!
    I just can't hide it!
    I'm about to get new bugs
    And I think I like it.
    I'm so excited,
    And I just can't hide it,
    And I know, I know, I know, I know
    I know,I want FAW, I want DEM.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Keep up the good work. All bugs I reported recently are being fixed according to patch notes :)
    edited December 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    I'm so excited!
    I just can't hide it!
    I'm about to get new bugs
    And I think I like it.
    I'm so excited,
    And I just can't hide it,
    And I know, I know, I know, I know
    I know,I want FAW, I want DEM.

lol ,that made me laugh :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Might sound strange, but the Dept. Heads fix has me the most excited lol. Been looking forward to that for a long time now.

Same here. It has irked me to no end while doffing, and triply so when it's Tovan Khev flaunting his plot armor and immunity to dismissal.

The small things do count.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    doalxk wrote: »
    Sweet, doff farming up those winter event items just got 100x easier!

And prices will go DOWN DOWN DOWN!!!
  • niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Bracing for the patchocolypse. All crew, assume crash positions.

Lol. Since October 3, I fear The Patch. More precisely, fear mixed with hope & optimism that the crash issue will be fixed or at the very least not worsened. *crosses fingers, holds breath*:o
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
    edited December 2013
    Hope there's no extensions to the DT, since I'm so close to attaining T5 Dyson rep that I can nearly touch it.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heh. For the first time in 3 weeks, finally got my launcher to connect and patch last night (8 gig patch overall!). And now another patch. Well, I just hope I can still get in afterwards.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Hope there's no extensions to the DT, since I'm so close to attaining T5 Dyson rep that I can nearly touch it.

Same--I'll have it by Saturday if I grind battlezone this week.

God, I want that t5 sooooooo much.

More than I wanted t5 rommie rep for the Reman species, in fact.
    edited December 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    Heh. For the first time in 3 weeks, finally got my launcher to connect and patch last night (8 gig patch overall!). And now another patch. Well, I just hope I can still get in afterwards.

That's bad luck.

Hopefully the patch won't mess with peoples' launchers.
    edited December 2013
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Same--I'll have it by Saturday if I grind battlezone this week.

God, I want that t5 sooooooo much.

More than I wanted t5 rommie rep for the Reman species, in fact.

I'm at ~90k in Dyson rep, so the DT is unfortunate for me, but I might get it done today. Atleast I hope so, since the Dyson ground set looks to be really good, and I want to test it...
    edited December 2013
    BranFlakes, can you give us any word on the t5 Dyson reward?
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2013
    All the kudos goes to the team :) I just post the notes that are passed along to me. I will let them know though!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

great job fixing BFAW

Now ask them to make Beam Ovrload worthwhile to put back on our ships in PvE Currently it does about one tenth of the damage of BFAW every 15 seconds and isnt worth slotting on our ships

Beam users need more than 1 usable weapon ability for DPS

Thanks
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
This discussion has been closed.