test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Writers for Star Trek 3 Revealed.... Your thoughts?!

shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Ten Forward
So apparently The new Star Trek 3 film will be written by Roberto Orci who as some may know helped write the first two films, along with J.D. Payne, and Patrick McKay. I also red that the movie will have something to do with the Real Life book The BoilerPlate. Has anyone read or scrolled through this book? I would like to know how it is as I know its like a reimaged History book.
*(How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life)*
Post edited by shizashane#4465 on

Comments

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This cannot end well...

Unless, of course, they bring back the original Mr. Sulu and the entire TNG cast--even Wesley Crusher.

Because, y'know, Wil Wheaton is kind of awesome.
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I Love TNG, I can agree that having TOS meet TNG in some way would be interesting. I'm not going to shoot it down until I see it for myself.... I mean come on its Start Trek.... Why not? :)
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Moar Lens Flarez!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    SPOILER ALERT FOR STAR TREK 3:

Kirk dies from a complication with Khan's blood. The Enterprise mourns but realizes that Kirk's mind has somehow merged with Bones and Kirk has been reborn on a new planet created by the Romulan's new Genesi-I mean, Renewal device. So the Enterprise journey's to the new planet to unite Kirk's mind with his body.

But it is totally not a Search for Spock rip off. No sir.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Kirk dies from a complication with Khan's blood. The Enterprise mourns but realizes that Kirk's mind has somehow merged with Bones and Kirk has been reborn on a new planet created by the Romulan's new Genesi-I mean, Renewal device. So the Enterprise journey's to the new planet to unite Kirk's mind with his body.

Given the fact, the first one had some elements to TWOK, but it had more elements from the novel, Dreadnought. So, I would say your off.
    edited December 2013
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    Given the fact, the first one had some elements to TWOK, but it had more elements from the novel, Dreadnought. So, I would say your off.

Wow. That joke just went Warp 9 above you.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was a terrible joke trying to perpetuate a misnomer or the frequent target of haters, but then again I should have just booed since the same went beyond your understanding.
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Or they could make an totally original idea like...

The crew must travel back in time in a stolen Klingon BOP they somehow acquired since the sequel which shall not be named to 1986 where against all odds they procure two California Condors named Jorge and Graciella to communicate with an alien probe that threatens life on 23rd century Earth. Kirk will have a Sam Adams beer with his pizza. See, totally different and original. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013

The crew must travel back in time in a stolen Klingon BOP they somehow acquired since the sequel which shall not be named to 1986 where against all odds they procure two California Condors named Jorge and Graciella to communicate with an alien probe that threatens life on 23rd century Earth. Kirk will have a Sam Adams beer with his pizza. See, totally different and original. :D

Wait, some alien probe threatens Earth? Wasn't that the story of the motion picture?

Damn, there's no original idea in Startrek anymore.

Maybe it could be about a conflict between the Klingons and the Federation and the potential for an interstellar war? After all, that was what the BBEG in the previous movie was predicting. Will they dig up the Organians? (Who appeared in TOS once and was never heard of again before or after, except in now decidedly non-canon novels.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited December 2013

Indeed! Or how about this totally original idea:

The Enterprise is on shore leave with their new ship after the one in Into Darkness got trashed. They learn that on Nimbus III (stay with me. Totally original idea), there is a hostage crisis. They go there and discover Spock's half brother, Sybok, is behind it with a fanatical religious plan (Stay with me. Totally original plot. No rehash) to penetrate the center of the universe to find God. There they discover (Totally original.) that it is an imposter, so Sybok sacrifices himself to destroy the entity and Kirk is rescued by wait for it.....A ROMULAN SHIP.

Boom! Totally original idea. Puts a new spin on the universe as you know it. Totally worth the 45 bucks at the movie theater to see it in iMax 3D.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thar be whales in this one.;)
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wait, some alien probe threatens Earth? Wasn't that the story of the motion picture?

Damn, there's no original idea in Startrek anymore.

Maybe it could be about a conflict between the Klingons and the Federation and the potential for an interstellar war? After all, that was what the BBEG in the previous movie was predicting. Will they dig up the Organians? (Who appeared in TOS once and was never heard of again before or after, except in now decidedly non-canon novels.)

Actually, I believe they featured in one episode of Enterprise's Fourth Season. The one where Trip and Hoshi get infected with a virus from some planet.

Yes, I realise that doesn't really narrow it down, but I can't remember the name of the episode.

Anyway, I love how everyone's already predicting that this is going to suck. Guys, remember that Orci also writes Transformers Prime. Unless JJ Abrams is still directing (by which I mean trying to satisfy the insatiable Star Trek fanbase who can't just enjoy a film... and you guys :P), I wouldn't be too quick to judge. Orci's a good writer, but he has to work with what the director wants.
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Indeed! Or how about this totally original idea:

The Enterprise is on shore leave with their new ship after the one in Into Darkness got trashed. They learn that on Nimbus III (stay with me. Totally original idea), there is a hostage crisis. They go there and discover Spock's half brother, Sybok, is behind it with a fanatical religious plan (Stay with me. Totally original plot. No rehash) to penetrate the center of the universe to find God. There they discover (Totally original.) that it is an imposter, so Sybok sacrifices himself to destroy the entity and Kirk is rescued by wait for it.....A ROMULAN SHIP.

Boom! Totally original idea. Puts a new spin on the universe as you know it. Totally worth the 45 bucks at the movie theater to see it in iMax 3D.

Or, or...
    The Klingon moon Praxis (wait it's a belt already), ok the Praxis belt spontaneously combusts leaving Kronos on the brink of an ecological disaster. The Blingons [sic] sue for peace with the Federation and a peace conference is held in... the Laurentian system where the fleet was bottled up at a cricket tournament when the Enterprise was launched. On his way to the conference, the Klingon Chancellor, um, I don't know, Ralph, is assassinated by two assailants wearing Ferengi space suits and he bleeds RED blood. Totally original and totally believable!!!

Man, I should be a screenwriter... :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think they should just do something completely unexpected in this one. A real game changer. nothing remade just a fresh idea! Am I the only one who feels that way?