test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Underperforming Doffs? How to tell?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
Ok so its getting to be about time for me to trade up some of my Doffs.

How in the world can I tell which ones I can trade in without sacrificing my ability to do some missions? I don't see a way I can tell if any are under/not used?

Or do people just trade up any ole 5 whites and just hope for the best? That seems...unwuse.
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bump unwise .. they're Common DOffs and are, thus, Expendable (yes, with a capital E) ;)

The only Common DOff I have left is a Chef named "Top". C'mon, that's awesome.
  • Options
    snicketysnicksnicketysnick Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Take a look at which doffs you are not using or which ones you have a lot of duplicates of. For example if you have 5 biologists, you can probably get rid of a couple of those.

That plus taking into consideration the traits that are showing up in the doff missions you are running should allow you to choose who to swap out.
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would love just a counter of how many assignments that the DOff had been on. Regardless of success or failure.

But I think the way that the DOffs have been implemented already having a problem with scaling, we are unlikely to get such a counter.
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure about trading up, they're not worth that much selling them.

You should first set some goals and discover which missions are more important for you to reach those goals.

Then, get the DOFFs that you need to improve success on those missions.

After the above steps, it will become obvious which DOFFs you don't need.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Trading up doffs is way too expensive in Dilithium! You'd be better off buying from any of the doff vendors or from the exchange than trading in 5 for 1 RANDOM higher quality. You could spend thousands of Dil and lose dozens of white doffs and get back a handful of green Chefs, Advisers and Diplomats!

Either donate those whites to Fleet Projects or sell on exchange for 10k-25k EC each.
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sell ones on the exchange that you don't want or need that are not bound. Only "trade up" bound ones (and a filler or 2 if needed) that you don't want. It's better than just dismissing them.
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Trading up doffs is way too expensive in Dilithium! You'd be better off buying from any of the doff vendors or from the exchange than trading in 5 for 1 RANDOM higher quality. You could spend thousands of Dil and lose dozens of white doffs and get back a handful of green Chefs, Advisers and Diplomats!

Either donate those whites to Fleet Projects or sell on exchange for 10k-25k EC each.

I agree with this 100% Trading up Doffs is a waste of resources. There are more than enough ways to get higher quality doffs without wasting dilithium. In addition to the above, there are plenty of fleets that will let you use their Starbase to get doffs using fleet credits. If you don't need a Doff anymore either sell it, donate it, dismiss it or (if you're a Klingon) execute it.