test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trade Implants For Marks?

johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
Simple request - In addition to "Trade Marks for Dil" and "Trade Implants For Dil" Rep Upgrade projects, can we get a "Trade Implants/Processors For Marks" project?

When I reached T5 Omega on my Klink recently, I had practically no marks but over 100 spare Neural Processors. Given that I only intended to get the HG ground sets, i'd already used 60 and I ended up turning the rest into what turned out to be around 30-35k of Dil. But then I still had to go back and grind STFs because I didn't have enough marks.

Seems to me that projects like this would be useful for people who only run Elite STFs/Voth queues but aren't neccessarily needing all the Implants they get.

Plus it works in Cryptic's favor because instead of turning it into Dil, which I can then turn into Zen, i'd be turning it into marks and then realising I don't have enough Dilithium :P
You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
Post edited by johngazman on

Comments

• Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Excellent idea. Make it so Cryptic!

johngazman wrote: »
    Simple request - In addition to "Trade Marks for Dil" and "Trade Implants For Dil" Rep Upgrade projects, can we get a "Trade Implants/Processors For Marks" project?

When I reached T5 Omega on my Klink recently, I had practically no marks but over 100 spare Neural Processors. Given that I only intended to get the HG ground sets, i'd already used 60 and I ended up turning the rest into what turned out to be around 30-35k of Dil. But then I still had to go back and grind STFs because I didn't have enough marks.

Seems to me that projects like this would be useful for people who only run Elite STFs/Voth queues but aren't neccessarily needing all the Implants they get.

Plus it works in Cryptic's favor because instead of turning it into Dil, which I can then turn into Zen, i'd be turning it into marks and then realising I don't have enough Dilithium :P
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Awesome idea
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah that sounds good
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IM BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY! Seriously though ive been STFing my brain out all weekend grinding for the mk XII omega REP sets and I have plenty of everything EXCEPT omega marks... Plenty of processors and dilithium granted I bought the dilithium but you cant judge me unless you try grinding 400 K dilithium for all 4 Omega sets... and I haven't even gotten started on the other 3 reps GOD save us all!
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to confess I've gone to do this more than once assuming it was possible only to find out it was not.

I agree. So long as it's for the same rep type.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    I have to confess I've gone to do this more than once assuming it was possible only to find out it was not.

I agree. So long as it's for the same rep type.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at - Cybernetic Implants for Dyson Marks, BNPs for Omega Marks.

Given that Rom marks can be obtained from Epohhs it probably doesn't need to be done there.

So how many Marks do you think we should be getting? 500 or 1000 for, say, five Implants?
  • Options
    dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    So how many Marks do you think we should be getting? 500 or 1000 for, say, five Implants?
    That sounds a bit overpowered to me, especially with Voth Cybernetic Implants, since you can easily get five by doing a single battlezone. I'd think around 250.
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    dinoyipi wrote: »
    That sounds a bit overpowered to me, especially with Voth Cybernetic Implants, since you can easily get five by doing a single battlezone. I'd think around 250.

True, although on the other side of the coin, it's One per ESTF with a "chance" for more.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you implement a feature that would turn implants and processors into marks, you might as well get rid of them completely and raise the amount of marks those events pay out instead. Just have them drop an additional 50 marks for each implant/processor that would have dropped.
  • Options
    dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you implement a feature that would turn implants and processors into marks, you might as well get rid of them completely and raise the amount of marks those events pay out instead. Just have them drop an additional 50 marks for each implant/processor that would have dropped.
    And what about the ones required for equipment requisitions?
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dinoyipi wrote: »
    And what about the ones required for equipment requisitions?

They could just remove them from the requisition projects, either without replacement, or raise the amount of marks needed.

Tholian and Romulan rep systems do work without having any very-rare tokens besides the marks, too.

I was really surprised to see them make a return in the Dyson Rep system.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also be nice if you could trade Extra Commendations for Marks or Dilithium as well. Because once you are done with reputation grinding, they aren't going to be used.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013

They should never have been added in the first place. They do not add any more time to play even if you have 0 marks and implants when you slot a gear project. By the time you get the marks to purchase you earned the implants required. Just one more useless currency they could remove from the game.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also be nice if you could trade Extra Commendations for Marks or Dilithium as well. Because once you are done with reputation grinding, they aren't going to be used.

You can can't you? I am sure there is a project where you can trade some commendations for Dilithium.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif