test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mudd - Gambling/Merchant

fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
Shouldn't Mudd stand out more than the other Merchants? I think the Merchants in space are a joke...they never have anything good, but I understand they have them for new players. But I wish they do something cool with Mudd. Here is an idea...

Mudd as optional beam on store/bar/club, he could also off special items to purchase. Perhaps, place a GPL on his ship, Lobi Consortium Store, Dabo Table, Bar, Dance Floor, and Holosuite (features Foundry Mission of the month). Why not give Mudd a sort of gambling/merchant ship. Players can earn special Mudd Credits to buy some unique items.
image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
Post edited by fliporican on

Comments

• Options
    mercuriciodidemercuriciodide Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    fliporican wrote: »
    Players can earn special Mudd Credits to buy some unique items.
    (claws my eyes out)

Mudd should do something, but not that.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Shouldn't Mudd stand out more than the other Merchants? I think the Merchants in space are a joke...they never have anything good, but I understand they have them for new players. But I wish they do something cool with Mudd. Here is an idea...

Mudd as optional beam on store/bar/club, he could also off special items to purchase. Perhaps, place a GPL on his ship, Lobi Consortium Store, Dabo Table, Bar, Dance Floor, and Holosuite (features Foundry Mission of the month). Why not give Mudd a sort of gambling/merchant ship. Players can earn special Mudd Credits to buy some unique items.

This +1, except for the "Mudd Credits". Please, not that part.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the Merchants in space are a joke...they never have anything good, but I understand they have them for new players.

On the contrary, the merchants in space are the single cheapest source of commodities for reputation, fleet, and colonization grinds. The only place that has some goods cheaper is the fleet embassy.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Why would Mudd run a bar? his grandfather got kicked out of one so he decided to run one? Good enough reason as any i suppose. I would love to see his ship be a traveling social zone, having MUDD's shop ion one section of his freighter and a bar on another. BUT you never know where he will be rather than always at ESD and if you are in the zone for an hour or so you will be in whatever sector he happens to be in when you leave.

One unique aspect they can add to it could be a mark exchange. Need 500 Nukara marks but you have 0 Nukara, 200 rom, 200 omega, 100 dyson... trade those you have for Nukara marks for a fee. We all know MUDD is a cheat so he trades in marks. Fee could be 1k EC per mark plus the mark to trade with.

Just NO on MUDD credits! Draw and quarter anyone who wants more currencies!
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »

Just NO on MUDD credits! Draw and quarter anyone who wants more currencies!

I'd suggest an even more horrific demise but it would violate the TOS... :D

The mark exchange sounds like a great idea. Oh and marks-for-lobi too. 1000 marks to the Lobi, someone somewhere is willing to pay for it. Same in reverse.... but less generous. ;)
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm. I agree that Mudd should do something more. He's kind of just an annoyance. If he's going to tell everyone that he's leaving it might as well be for something important.

And no Mudd Credits. That's a man that has his eyes on latinum.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    I'd suggest an even more horrific demise but it would violate the TOS... :D

The mark exchange sounds like a great idea. Oh and marks-for-lobi too. 1000 marks to the Lobi, someone somewhere is willing to pay for it. Same in reverse.... but less generous. ;)

I backspaced my thoughts on a demise 5 times before settling on drawn and quartered. first one was really bad... TRIBBLE, vomit, corpse... feed em. You get the picture.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek: