What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Night of the Comet *Resolved*

Comments

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kazante wrote: »
    How long until fix?? Kinda end up stuck

Dude, its not only night of the comet, there are more missions that are bugged. Thats the problem, you are not the only one stucked xD. Even players at level 50 are stucked in the story missions. Right now, im stucked on "mine enemy" since ages ago, because i dont want to advance in the story if i need to skip missions. "coliseum" its known to have bugs as well, etc.

I mean, all the players that are playing the story line episodes, if they like to follow the story will be stucked somewhere in any mission xD, because as i said, there are a few episodes bugged.

I think, until the next big update, i dont think we will be able to continue playing the episodes.. not if you want to play the right order.

You can always skip the episode u cant play, but as i said i like to follow one after another, not just skipping here and there (in the end, its not only 1 episode you skip, you will be skipping 3 or 4.. ).
  • parisneilparisneil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just adding my voice to this issue, after trying everything that everybody else have said they already tried...
  • dannyboy104dannyboy104 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just adding my own 2 cents.

Having the same problem. Glad to hear its a bug though. I was beginning to think that I just sucked at doing a simple "aim at the hole" maneuver.

Please fix it soon guys. This is really annoying.
  • gretschmangretschman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Having the same problem. My objectives won't update, but I get the speed boost, but I can't go back in time because of the objectives stuck at gate 1. Tried leaving the system/sector, logging out, dropping the quest....hope they get around to fixing this soon.
  • ralph6666ralph6666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    first gravity gate will not activate currently
    Ha'nom guardian warbird
    at 100 throttle
    at full impulse
    left and re-entered
    still will not activate the first gravity gate to begin time warp around bepi 113.

I've done all I can to do the mission and the gravity gate will not activate anyway i submited a bug report before this was posted I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • phillmathisphillmathis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Raging - Kept trying this mission today but it is totally a bust!
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just ran into this bug myself.

Ticket ID: #2,151,085.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• iphan7omiphan7om Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    also having this problem, first time playthrough so really don't want to skip ahead of any quest missions, submitted a ticket, will wait for it to be fixed, soon please!
  • ramaglonramaglon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I too am experiencing the same problem. The game does not register that my ship has gone through the first gate. My ship doesn't receive a speed increase either. Thanks for looking into the problem.
  • newbabelnewbabel Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We're investigating. Thanks for the reports!

I don't know if it helps, but the day after I posted here, I went into the mission while teamed with another captain. That allowed me to complete the mission.

However, today we tried to duplicate that success and failed.

The difference before was that I wasn't yet level 50 and he was. This time we were even level and I was flying my new ship.

Hope that information helps somehow.
  • havaoshavaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am currently leveling a Federation Science Office (lvl 20), when I hit a wall with the Night of the Comet mission, it appears that the trigger for the "slingshot" effect is not working. I have done this mission with 2 other characters in the last 2 weeks and it worked fine, this time when you pass through the 1st ring nothing happens, I have tried it dozens of time at multiple positions and angles, I have left, come back dropped the mission, logged in and out multiple times and even tried with 2 different ships.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Make sure you read the dialogue first otherwise it won't register.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jumblojumblo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am also having this issue. Tried to drop mission, leave sector, etc etc. Nothing works, seems like it's been broken for a few days, can we get this fixed soon please?
  • devilpirate01devilpirate01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah i've been having the same problems for a day now. please could somebody fix this glitch so the rest of us can continue with our storyline please?
    There can be only one!
  • cermiecermie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    same cant get to work
  • obdurate13obdurate13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another poster gave me the idea. I entered the system. Before I moved at all I read the hail (on screen) then pulled up the mission in the mission log and read all of the dialog (scrolled down to the end).

After I did that the gates worked as I passed through.
    edited December 2013
    i tried that but it didnt work for me
    There can be only one!
  • kakarotvgkakarotvg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    parisneil wrote: »
    Just adding my voice to this issue, after trying everything that everybody else have said they already tried...

Mine enemy and coliseum were fixed, look at the STO patch notes.
  • outtaphazeouttaphaze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just a note, First gate still isn't triggering/ thx
  • ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just tried it in both by Federation and Klingon characters - and the first gate still isnt activating...

With the Klingon character, I tried all sorts of things when going through (activating strategic manoeuvring, etc), plus all the things mentioned earlier...
    edited December 2013
    kakarotvg wrote: »
    Mine enemy and coliseum were fixed, look at the STO patch notes.

No, they are not. If you look at the specific post of that mission in the forum, there are messages posted after the very same update and you will see the bug isnt solved. And people are still stucked in both. Yes, cryptic said it was fixed, but it isnt. I honestly never trust the patch notes anymore (it is supossed that cryptic test their updates, but as you noticed since the last 2 months, they dont).
  • manolo1984manolo1984 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    good evening, I have a problem with the night of the comet mission in part past out, when passing through the catapult graviton ship does not accelerate, it does nothing and so can not access the past surrounding the star that I can haer please, help me, my character is Klingon.:(
    edited December 2013
    No, they are not. If you look at the specific post of that mission in the forum, there are messages posted after the very same update and you will see the bug isnt solved. And people are still stucked in both. Yes, cryptic said it was fixed, but it isnt. I honestly never trust the patch notes anymore (it is supossed that cryptic test their updates, but as you noticed since the last 2 months, they dont).

I'm starting to think your right. I mean I know cryptic has alot of problems they need to solve, but something like this that stops people at an early level should be made a top priority. People that do PvP or are level 50 could stand to wait an extra day for their fixes, but this problem has been "investigated" for a while and nothing has happened. I hate to say it but maybe they should spend less time on this Winter Wonderland and a little more time in making sure that the content already there is bug free. Please Cryptic, fix this issue
    There can be only one!
  • phillmathisphillmathis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have been stuck for 5 days on this now...any news from Cryptic?
  • deathdispenserdeathdispenser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When I first came here days ago after encountering this bug the users seemed a bit harsh in regards to the support staff and effort. Now I understand why. After waiting days for a reply they send me the same generic form letter that has caused so much animosity here and within the game. At this point I have to agree with the critics. As bad as the programmers are as they keep reintroducing old bugs (As a programmer I can tell you this is caused by a serious lack of professional code maintenance practices), the support staff is simply as bad as any I have yet encountered in gaming. Like most of you I have been gaming for many years so this says something. As so many people have said previously this is completely unacceptable. At least READ the requests for help and make a real effort to give a useful reply. If there is no solution then SAY THAT! Sending people in to the game to replay the same missions over and over with false hopes of some stupid little trick is just simply irritating. I'm not sure who is the dumber person in this instance, the idiot sending out such, "help" or those people (such as myself) who try it over and over when they read it, hoping in desperation that it will work. Sending a form letter that says to leave the instance and come back 15 minutes later is the most insulting reply I have seen yet. Since most of us have been dealing with it for hours if not days on our own, we have done this more times than we can count by the time we send a request to support. So this suggestion is not only very insulting, it points out immediately several things. First, the support person did not even read the message I sent. Second the support person didn't even take the time to formulate a reply. Third, the support person is either completely ignorant of the bug in question (utterly impossible by now. There are only so many people working for this company on this game and I doubt they haven't shared this information among their 5-10 employees who are handling these support requests) or simply does not give a TRIBBLE about actually "supporting" the customer. You know, the reason they call it customer support? Any chimp can reply with form letters. It takes a thinking person to seek out and find a solution. How about a little of that? And if it's not fixed and will not be how about a little honesty? You people know very well this is a major bug and you need to fix it. You cannot possibly be so inept and incompetent that you are unaware of this so it's an intentional policy to delay and pretend that you know nothing and that this generic solution 'may" solve the problem. This is an outright lie. You know very well it will not solve the problem. So try honestly for a change. As frustrating as the delay is at least you wouldn't be infuriating customers by intentionally wasting their time with "solutions" that you know when you send the message have absolutely no chance of solving the problem. As a new users I can tell you I have little tolerance for such idiocy. My gaming time is precious. I will not waste it here on a broken game who's support staff is utterly useless.

It's a joke referring to the request for GM help as, "Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. "

You simply MUST do a better job. Personally if I leave this game, I will not only not play this one, I would avoid any cryptic game in the future. Why would I set myself up for days upon days of frustration and no response in the future? That would be as stupid as sending out form letters that will only infuriate your customers. We aren't all that out of touch with reality.
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same issue today, on a new fed tac.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • deathdispenserdeathdispenser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    radakill wrote: »
    Confirmed, have tried this repeatedly for the last 12 hrs and have not been able to trigger the 1st gate. Thought I was doing something wrong so I sat through 3 Youtube walkthrough's just to check.

NOPE.

Doing it all right, the game is broke.

This is what irritated me so much about them sending the same form letter to me. DAYS apart. They obviously knew for sure by the time they got my complaint that this suggestion was not going to solve the problem. Yet they send the same form letter out each and every time someone reports this bug. good job support lazies! I guess wasting my time is a perfectly acceptable manner in which to "support" your customers. I can't imagine why people are so upset..............
  • ramaglonramaglon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    --Deleted--
    edited December 2013
    But what i dont understand is, why they cant just login with a test account and see if their updates work as intended?? is this so hard to do?? well, i am a programmer as well, and i just dont understand it. I guess since so many people are throwing zen bags to cryptic, they dont bother anymore about fixing the important things. But everyone has a limit, myself included, i hope all these bugs are solved withing the next 2 months, or its probably that i will stop playing as well. And i am one of those "idiots" that are paying a monthly subscription. So, in my case, its worst lol. Well, im not calling idiot to anyone, just i consider myself idiot to be paying a monthly subscription, seeing how badly damaged is the game and the team do almost nothing to fix it.

Anyways, lets have a bit of hope and see if the cryptic team wakes up, because they are very lucky that the community of this game is that big. Any other game will be done at this rate..

Ive been playing for about 4 months now, and i suposse the game was great in the past 2 years, with only a couple of bugs here and there, not like now. Because other way, i dont understand a thing lol. Maybe cryptic changed their team for season 8??
  • mm2ssmm2ss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Add me to that list. I finally skipped it on my Romulan, but I do wish to run it on my Federation character. Tried everything in the thread and no dice. I even tried going backwards through the gates... Finally gave up and settled for watching Star Trek on youtube.
This discussion has been closed.