test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next Summer's Event Ship: Risian Cruiser?

dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
I know it's a little early to start thinking about Summer, but better early than late, so here goes...

Risian Cruiser
"A small, mobile piece of Risa's luxury, the Risian Cruiser is a sight to behold. Large, sleek, and typically bearing eye-catching colors; a fleet of these ships was commissioned to satisfy people seeking to explore strange new worlds in a slower, more relaxing way. As with the Risian Corvette, the Lobi Crystal Consortium saw potential in a militarized version and purchased the manufacturing rights. Though sluggish, the Risian Cruiser is very durable, comes with cruiser commands, and has the largest crew compliment of any known ship in service to Starfleet, the KDF, or the Romulan Republic. It also features the power level bonuses standard to all cruisers, with an extra boost to shields."

"The Risian Cruiser comes with a universal Graviton Feedback Modulator console. To ensure comfortable travel for the passengers, the pre-military Risian Cruiser was equipped with a highly sophisticated inertial dampening system that used a graviton field to neutralize subspace distortions that would shake the vessel. Shortly before its militarization, one of these inertial dampeners overloaded while travelling through a nebula, and created a shockwave that disintegrated a nearby debris field. Due to its potential combat effectiveness, a device was developed upon militarization to duplicate these circumstances on demand. When entering an enemy AoE hazard, such as a warp plasma cloud or gravity well, the Graviton Feedback Modulator console will set off a cascade reaction that deals kinetic damage and knockback to any enemy ship near the hazard. This console can be equipped on any ship that you own, and when combined with the Risian Corvette's Subspace Wake Generator, the Subspace Wake power will be upgraded to deal additional kinetic damage on entry."

Ship Statistics:
  • Rank Required: Rear Admiral / Brigadier General / Subadmiral I
  • Hull Strength: 41,000
  • Shield Modifier: 1.2
  • Crew: 5000
  • Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
  • Device Slots: 4
  • Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Lieutenant Commander Science, 1 Lieutenant Universal
  • Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science
  • Base Turn Rate: 6 degrees per second
  • Impulse Modifier: 0.12
  • +5 Power to Weapons, Engines, and Auxiliary; +15 Power to Shields
  • Cruiser Commands
  • Console - Universal - Graviton Feedback Modulator
  • R.X.S. Registry Name Prefix Option

So... I've probably over-thought this idea, but any thoughts?
For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
Post edited by dinoyipi on

Comments

• Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Too early to call, but I'll put your name and bet into the pot anyway.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about a fighter? The Risian Pinnace. Really fast. Ludicrous speed.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    37.8k Hull with 8 Turn and change LTC Sci with the LT Uni.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I could see some kind of Risian luxury liner kind of ship. It's what they do after all. And Cryptic for once could make the bridge interesting and unique, with more open spaces, possibly smaller extra things to do, like have a Dabo table like on the D'kora, that kinda thing.

Obviously it'd still be a cruiser-esque ship, but I'm sure you get what I mean.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll guess science.

maybe something that boosts exotic damage powers?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd love a fast Science Vessel with a sporty look, myself. Sci Vessels need some love!
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Risian Cruiser makes me think of this:

http://youtu.be/SWyxZR69CI0

If they go that route, I think they should overtly make it an overt Cruise Ship retrofitting with weapons.

Have the "bridge" be a bridge that opens out to an open (force field or transparent aluminum) deck on top with a pool and a dance floor and Risian partiers, people partying and flirting, dancing and drinking.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also duty officer assignments based around finding the right DJ, setting up musical acts, and helping the singles aboard find true love.

I also think they should expand the costume offerings next year to cruise ship uniforms.

Maybe have a low budget Vic Fontaine Impersonator.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe a Vic Fontaine boff!
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about a science ship with (deployable?) solar sails?

But yeah, I think a Luxury Cruise Liner would be the only way to really shoehorn in a Risian 'cruiser'.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    If they do a Risian cruiser then i will do the grind for it. the vette didnt interest me and the breen ships are to ugly for me to want to fly one. Plus i cant see the breen cruiser being better than the fleet ships I have. As for the raider.. i have a KDF who will be flying a BOP eventualy.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll guess science.

maybe something that boosts exotic damage powers?
    I'd love a fast Science Vessel with a sporty look, myself. Sci Vessels need some love!
    As much as I'd love to see more love for Science ships as well, I just think a cruise liner-esque ship would make more sense in the context of Risa.

For the design, I was thinking of something similar to (without being a direct copy of) the Axiom from Disney-Pixar's WALL-E. Like the Corvette, it would have access to an abnormally large variety of patterns and colors.
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.