test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Exchange, Fleet & Tailor Updates (12-6-13)

jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
I wanted to acknowledge and say how Great the new changes are to the Exchange, Fleet Roster & Tailor...

When searching for an item (on the Exchange) that has multiple quantities, it now shows the individual item cost below the items total cost. I think it's a really great little upgrade to the Exchange. I no longer need to minimize the game and open the calculator application to divide the items individual cost. I guess another reason I think it's good change is because whenever I minimize, STO at least 40-50% of the time it crashes on me. Does STO crash for anyone else when you minimize the game? Just curious.

Thank You for bringing back the Undo & Redo button at the Tailor! At times it was a little frustrating with out it.

Finally, it's also awesome that you've expanded the Fleet Roster view 50 players. When you have a couple of hundred players and your trying to find someone, compare stats or just viewing the overall Fleet roster, it's become very useful.

Thank you Developers!!
Post edited by jonascarlson on

Comments

• Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Agreed. Very well done. I would even go so far as to say that changes like these are more important to many players and may help retain more players than flashy new ships, as much as I like ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree... I was going to say that originally but I figured I'd get blasted for saying it. I think fixing a lot of the bugs on a weekly basis, adding small changes that players request and revamping the obvious things that suck would go a very long way. I hate seeing new things & new content that sucks and is half-a**ed only because they have a deadline to meet. I'd rather see the stuff we have fixed, added on to and/or improved. There nothing wrong with what we have, just make it bigger, better and awesomer!!

Heck!! I'm still waiting on a response to a ticket I opened 5 days ago!! I had a problem with re-running the episodes and I wasn't able to do any of them on any of my alternate characters. It would have been nice to had some sort of response before it ended. Now I have to wait another 6 months for them.
  • Options
    bombassdmbbombassdmb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree, the Exchange is a lot more user friendly now. I also appreciate that this is not another complaint thread. I don't understand why some of these posters still play the game if they don't like it. I started playing in August, and I really dig this game. Thanks Cryptic for your work. :)
    SRS Fleet Recruiter
    Please feel free to contact me in game (@BombAssDMB) for information on the
    SPECIAL RECONNAISSANCE SQUADRON or visit our website: http://www.srs-fleet.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doctripsdoctrips Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    To remove the sort after time option for the exchange is the most horrible thing they could have done. I enjoyed it a lot after hours of grinding spending some time in doing the exchange hunting for cheap stuff relaxing and enjoying talking to the community while doing it.

removing this option is killing my income but worse it took away so much joy in playing this game.

I am at the point were i consider stoping to play this game because of that..
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    doctrips wrote: »
    To remove the sort after time option for the exchange is the most horrible thing they could have done. I enjoyed it a lot after hours of grinding spending some time in doing the exchange hunting for cheap stuff relaxing and enjoying talking to the community while doing it.

removing this option is killing my income but worse it took away so much joy in playing this game.

Can I have your stuff?
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    doctrips wrote: »

Do you know what was the "sort by time" option ? It was not related to the price of the item, but on the time left before the "auction" ended. But since there are no bids, it was useless, that's why it was removed.

Threatening to leave the game because they removed a useless feature is quite funny.

If you want to hunt for cheap stuff, sort by price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, I have been crashing after minimizing lately....well for a couple months now.
  • Options
    necrolutschernecrolutscher Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    useless?
    it's for window shopping and a quick look at market trends
  • Options
    doctripsdoctrips Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    erei1 wrote: »
    Do you know what was the "sort by time" option ? It was not related to the price of the item, but on the time left before the "auction" ended. But since there are no bids, it was useless, that's why it was removed.

Threatening to leave the game because they removed a useless feature is quite funny.

If you want to hunt for cheap stuff, sort by price.

well sir you do not understand sort by time: let me give you a little example to think about!

Your favourite electronic shop in your town is selling the new playstation 4 for only 100 bucks the catch is he only got a single one for this price. Who will be the lucky customer??

The answer is, the first one in line...

Now think about it again, why a sorting for newest sales is maybe not as usless as you think...
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think I'd just be glad if I could filter searches by "KDF" or "Fed" only. It's annoying when I go doff shopping for my contraband mules when ALL the portrait borders look like they're of my faction until I right click on each and every one for a closer look. (like a klink doff that appears to have the red kdf border on my orion's exchange searches actually has a starfleet one when you right click it for a second look) The game keeps you on your toes by making some kdf race doffs Starfleet aligned, so it isn't as simple as profiling doffs based on race.
  • Options
    mightyleptonmightylepton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What the hell did they do with the option where you could decide to search for the cheapest stacks of items? Last time i was searching for high stacked Master keys (10 to 40) for cheapest price. Its gone now? I had to buy all my master keys one by one. lolol

Seems like they want to lift the strain on their database this way.
    Read the book of the Rihannsu.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Isn't the Exchange like ... still broken , with the inability to buy more then one or two items before it crashes on you ?

Plus the search for the lowest price now takes for ever ... .
    Set item class , set color ... sigh .