test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Enemy Of My Enemy" (An RP Forum)

wretchedmaniwretchedmani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Captain's Table (RP)
The I.K.S. Lomqa' sat motionless in space. It was a modified B'rel Bird-of-Prey, which simply meant that it had been built out of scavanged parts. It was not an official ship of the Klingon Empire, and could not be traced to any specific fleet or unit, yet it contained only the finest warriors that the Empire had to offer. They were united for the purpose of returning the Klingon Empire to it's former glory, and it's people to the place of highest honor. They were dedicated to the Way of Kahless.

"We are at the designated coordinates, but there is no sign of the Romulans." The Tactical Officer, T'Nacus, reported.

Hegh'yIt, the ships captain, sat silently in the command chair. He was a battle hardened Klingon warrior with over twenty years of service to the Empire. He didn't want to be here, but he had little choice. The galaxy was a big place, and they would need allies in restoring order.

Hegh'yIt breathed deeply, "We wait."

[[OOC - This RP Forum was started to facilitate RP cooperation between two KDF aligned fleets, "The Order of the Watchmen" and the "Romulan Praetorian Guard". However, it's ultimate purpose is to encourage RP among all interested STO players, and recruit new players to our RP fleets. So, we encourage all interested players to join in with the story.]]
Post edited by wretchedmani on

Comments

• bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The I.R.W. D'Vinn decloaked on the starboard of the I.K.S. Lomga'. Though it had similarly large amounts of firepower, the D'deridex class D'Vinn was much larger than the B'rel class Lomqa'. A hail came through to the Bird of Prey, "Jolan'tru, General Hegh'yIt, I am Admiral tr'Rllailiiu of the Tal Prai'ex, I assume that you know what we meet of today?"
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • wretchedmaniwretchedmani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hegh'yIt cringed at the sound of the Romulan's voice. Whether they meant it or not, Romulans always spoke with an air of superiority that made Hegh'yIt want to rip their throat out with his bare hands. However, he did take some solace in the knowledge that despite their feelings of superiority, Romulans died screaming like wounded Targs, unlike a Klingon warrior.

Hegh'yIt nodded towards the view screen, "We have similar goals Admiral, and similar enemies. Would you care to come aboard to discuss them...or does your mistrust require I make my presence aboard your vessel?"
    edited October 2013
    Admiral tr'Rllailiiu smiled, "It would be a pleasure to speak with you and your crew, General. I shall, of course bring several guards with me, just in case things get out of hand." The transmission was cut off.

The green haze cleared on the transporter pad, a sharp face and a crisp uniform arrived.
    R E M A I N

edited October 2013
    Before heading to the transporter room, Hegh'yIt gave a standing order, "If that Romulan ship twitches, vaporize it."

The figures appeared on the transporter pad, and the pair of War Targs in the corner of the room stood up. Hegh'yIt waved them off, and they laid back down, but they never took their eyes off of the Romulan visitors.

Hegh'yIt looked to Admiral tr'Rllailiiu, keeping his head held high, showing no deference.

"A room has been prepared where we can speak. We can proceed as soon as you are ready."
    edited October 2013
    "Thank you for your gracious hospitality, General. I look forward to cooperation between us, and I shall see you once I am settled to me quarters." tr'Rllailiiu gestured to Hegh'yIt.
    It had begun.
    R E M A I N

edited October 2013
    Hegh'yIt sat in his office going over the notes he had prepared for the meeting. The Romulans had been shown to a small room that they could use to rest and speak in private. The dining area was the largest non-essential room on the ship, and was being utilized for the upcoming meeting. The Lomqa' was a ship-of-war, and not meant for diplomatic encounters, and Hegh'yIt felt that the sooner the meeting concluded, the better.

Hegh'yIt keyed his intercom and called for K'Bar, his First Officer. The old, battle hardened warrior appeared a moment later.

"Sir!" K'Bar stood at attention before his captain's desk. Hegh'yIt motioned for him to relax, and then stared at him for a brief moment.

"We are seeking to restore the honor of the old Empire. I hesitate to take a step that might tarnish the reputation of this young Order we have created." Although it was made as a statement, Hegh'yIt was seeking counsel from his old friend.

K'Bar breathed deeply before speaking. "When a warrior fights to save his honor, he will use an honorable weapon. When a warrior fights to save his family, he will use whatever he can. The Empire is dying from the inside, it's honor being eaten away by these petaq' who lead from the safety of their politically stained seats. We need to act, because no one else will. These Romulans are a tool, a weapon, we should use them, and if they become a stain to our honor, toss them away."

Hegh'yIt considered his friend for a moment. "Return to your station."
  • bentillerbentiller Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Datlh`LaH brought the I.K.S Batlh Bo`degh out of warp. He had not flown the bird of prey since it was decommissioned. He had kept the ship for certain missions he might have to take. It was faster, more maneuverable and could cloak. For missions that required more...tact, it was the perfect vessel.

"Let's get this over with," Datlh`LaH muttered. "What do we have on sensors?"

"Sensors detecting two vessels. One looks Klingon the other looks...Romulan," his conn officer, Annozid replied.

"Well then," Datlh`LaH's lip curled into a tight smile, "This is the right place."

"Your orders sir?" A huge gorn shifted from his console.

"Hail Hegh`yIt. Tell him, Datlh`LaH has arrived and would be pleased to take part in these negotiations."

"Yes sir," The Gorn focused on his station, "Hail sent."
    edited November 2013
    "Sir, General Datlh'LaH has just arrived and is advising he would be honored to participate in the discussions with the Romulans."

Hegh'yIt felt a wave of relief sweep over him with this news. Although Datlh'LaH exercised a little less restraint than he, it would be good to have his experience and wisdom involved in these discussions.

"Signal the General, advise him that the Romulans are aboard and we would be honored by his presence."
    edited November 2013
    As General Datlh`LaH waited for a response he surveyed his crew. They had come quite far in the years he had been with them. He had stopped referring them to Orions and Gorn and Klingons with clear places in the Empire. He no longer viewed the Gorn or Orions as inferior to Klingon prowess, rather, he viewed them as equals.

"Sir," His Gorn officer replied, "We have recieved permission to beam to the Klingon bird of prey. The Romulan represenative is already on board."

"Excellent," Datlh`LaH stirred. He would have to remember that lesson of equals as he dealt with the Romulan. He didn't promise it would last long, but he would try. "Beam me over."

"Qapla!"

Datlh`LaH felt the hum of the transporter beam. Next, he was on board the I.K.S Lomqa`
    edited November 2013
    Both of the Imperial delegations stood at attention for General Datlh`LaH. General Hegh'yIt and Admiral tr'Rllailiiu saluted Datlh`LaH, using the Klingon and Rihannsu Salutes, respectively.
    R E M A I N

edited November 2013
    As the three honoured warriors walked down the hall toward the briefing room, there was a sense of a historic moment taking place. As they sat down at the table, an officer came into the room and briefed them all on the situation.
    R E M A I N

edited November 2013
    Datlh`LaH took his seat and listened to the officer debrief them. As he listened he watched the Romulan carefully. He knew there was no such thing as an honorable Romulan, though some were closer to the title than others. They existed in trickery and secrecy and Datlh`LaH doubted that even the destruction for Romulus could change that.

Datlh`LaH rested his hands on the table and waited for either Hegh`yIt or the Romulan to speak.
    edited November 2013
    Hegh'yIt surveyed the small room, and the two men seated at the table with him. One was a trusted comrade who he would be honored to die fighting beside. The other he would prefer to plunge his blade into above all else, but that was a feeling bred from decades, even centuries of trickery and deceit on the part of Romulans. It would take time, and deeds to make him feel different, but perhaps the time to begin was now.

Hegh'yIt inhaled sharply before speaking. "Understand, that we do not speak for the Klingon Empire as it is known by either the Romulan Republic or Romulan Star Empire. Just as I am sure that you do not speak for either of them. Also, we are not a dissident movement intent on overthrowing the current government. What we desire is for the Empire to grow in strength and honor, but we know that it cannot be done until our warriors open their eyes."

Hegh'yIt paused, looking at each man, before continuing. "The Klingon way is not the Romulan way, or the Federation way, just as your ways are not ours. The Klingon Empire has been changed by outside influences, and it is dooming our people and their way of life. Our Order is working to restore to our people what it means to walk as a Klingon, to walk as Kahless walked!" Hegh'yIt slammed his first to the table, denting the metal.

"Although our culture is in danger, we face an almost greater threat from outside. Forces are moving into the Alpha Quadrant that threaten to destroy us all. We cannot play around with these threats, but seek them out and cut them down where they live. I believe you Romulans feel the same way, and that is why you have sought us out."
    edited November 2013
    Dalth`LaH grunted his agreement and looked at the Romulan Captain.
    "I was present four years ago when a Romulan leader name Sevult came to my captain and my crew, I served with Starfleet at the time. He told so of his grandeur of reuniting the Romulans and forming an alliance with the federation. He was earnest and well intentioned in his desires. Unfortunately he was but one of a very small group. We agreed to sign a treaty with him and after he left to board his ship.
    "Unfortunately he did not cover his tracks well, the Tal Shiar arrived and attacked, causing substantial damage to my ship and destroying this other romulan captain. I trust you were not that careless?"
    edited November 2013
    "The Tal Shiar is not a threat to this meeting, I can assure you of this General(s). The Tal Prai'ex has knowledge of many threats, which one do you refer to exactly, Dalth 'LaH?", tr'Rllailiiu raised his right eyebrow.
    R E M A I N

edited November 2013
    Datlh`LaH shrugged, "It would only be a pity to find ourselves so soon deprived of your company. With so many threats wishing to send you to Grethor, I wonder how concerned we should be one might succeed. In other words, if you immediately get yourselves killed, this alliance will not have proved as meritorious as it could be."
    edited November 2013
    "The Tal Prai'ex is much more powerful than you believe, General. We've matched the Tal Shiar at their own game for nearly 70 years, we will continue to do this, no matter what the situation may be, and we will assist the Order of the Watchmen in anyway that will benefit us both."
    R E M A I N

edited November 2013
    Datlh`LaH grunted, satisfied. He looked to Hegh`yIt to continue the negotiations.
    edited November 2013
    To no one in particular, Hegh'yIt stated, "We may all be dead tomorrow, but I think we would agree, that our causes would continue."

Hegh'yIt now looked to the two men seated at the table with him. "The Tal Prai'ex is not a threat to the Order, and there is no strategic advantage in the Order making an enemy of the Tal Prai'ex. We both face greater threats and conquests. Perhaps even, we seek a similar goal. If you Admiral, can agree to a mutual aggression pact, and honor it with the shedding of green blood, then perhaps this can be the first step in something greater."
    edited December 2013
    "We agree to a mutual aggression pact, as long as you will be willing to shed pink blood. If you agree, we will solidify our agreement by re-enacting the Narendra Agreement, which was the formal name of the alliance between our respective governments from 2267 until 2293. Is this acceptable, as a document to make our alliance official?" Admiral tr'Rllailiiu brought his head up as he waited on the reaction.
    R E M A I N

edited December 2013
    Datlh`LaH shook his head. "I object. I do not object to shedding my blood for peace, but I firmly believe we need a new treaty entirely.
    The Narenda Agreement is old. It was made by both our goverments as a means of deceit. The Romulans used the weakness of our goverment to extract more information and technologies than was fair. It is stained with dishonor and historically stained as a massive failure.
    "I believe that we must create a new treaty specifically tailored to us. Since this would require massive modification of the terms and agreements of the Narenda Agreement it is easier to form a new one. We will give it a new name, untarnished by failures of the past, to lay hope to all among us of a new future."
    edited December 2013
    "I would have to agree, the Narendra Agreement was the product of politicians, and we are warriors. The Federation and their puppets seek after peace and cooperation, but we know that peace is a lie. There are the rulers and the subjects, the strong and the weak."

Hegh'yIt eyed the two men at the table. "We should have only one understanding, that we crush our mutual enemies till they submit or are destroyed," Hegh'yIt stared directly at Admiral tr'Rllailiiu, "and that a worse fate awaits those who betray us."
    edited December 2013
    Admiral tr'Rllailiiu smiled, "I am glad that we are on the same page. The subjects of our enemies are unsatisfied with their regimes, we be should take advantage of this. When will we begin with our new treaty?"
    R E M A I N

edited December 2013
    Datlh`LaH folded his hands together and leaned forward in his chair.
    "First we must outline the terms of the new treaty. I hereby propose the following:
    One. The treaty will allow for meetings to take place only on the designated bases of each of our orders. All official and unofficial business will take place there. As such I also propose an ambassador to each of our groups maintain a constant presence on each others bases.

Two: I propose a freedom of information act. That is to say that all database information pertaining to enemy movements, allied movements, events, leaders, progress, should be free to both parties. Details about ship, weapons schematics, and other data deemed sensitive will be dealt with on a case by case order by the leaders of each respective order.

Three: A mutual defense pact should be put in place, should either order need assistance, we will join forces not only for assault, but for defense.

Four: A non-exclusive trade policy should be adopted, opening trade of all resources to the other.

Five: I believe it should also be written that a leader has the right to question the requests of the other if they suspect it to be a misuse of the treaty written. Questions to requests should be dealt with by a neutral party anytime they should arrive."

Datlh`LaH paused and looked around the table, "Please feel free to offer any amendments, or counter proposals."
    edited December 2013
    "You are being suprisingly generous General." Hegh'yIt raised one brow as he looked at Datlh'LaH. "I think it would be best to limit our cooperation, until we are assured of one another's intent. I believe a collaboration of our current tactical analysis' of mutual enemies, and planned combined assaults would be a good first step. After all, we have to see what our new friends are made of."
    edited December 2013
    Datlh`LaH nodded, "Very well, but I still believe a representative on each others starbase would certainly be helpful, Put under heavy guard of course. Disclosure of ship designs, or defensive measures should remain undisclosed at this time."
    edited December 2013
    "I concur with Datlh`LaH, we should be cautious with our new kinship," tr'Rllailiiu said, "we would not want our immediate differences to overwhelm us.". He shifted in his chair, "I agree to the latter terms, we will discuss further advancement of our cooperation at a future date. Will we be exchanging Diplomats this evening, gentlemen?"
    R E M A I N

edited December 2013
    "We would need to review candidates. However, if you had someone in mind from your side, we could accept them whenever."
    edited January 2014
    "There are several candidates of note that would qualify for such a position, but because the Tal Prai'ex is streched very thin at the moment, I am forced to field myself to the position. In the meantime, I assume you will field a representative of your own?"
    R E M A I N

• chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Sir! We have arrived." the helmsman spoke. The ships captain sat silent, observing the meeting through the veiwscreen. He has been sent here to find out what was going on and if the rumors were true. The rumors, spoke of a possible militant group of Klingon and romulans meets for unknown reasons. Were they joining forces? Who could tell but if they threatened the newly formed peace, he would cut them down. On the screen there were three ships. One could have been a B'rel at one point although now, who could tell? another was most curtainly a Bird-of-prey. It was the third ship which alerted the captain most. A Romulan warbird. Not many who were not romulan trusted a romulan and while this captain had a few reasons to do just that, history reminded him to remain cautious yet opened minded. Give your first hand in friendship, but keep a weapon in your second hand. He stood, eying the screen. Their sheild He stood a full six and a half feet tall. his hair long and braided hung honorably down his back. Dressed in the blacks and reds in the covert Operations equivalent of the Klingon Defense Forces, with a sash across his chest. and a long coat over his shoulders which fell nearly to the ground.

"Ambassador Worf was correct to send us here. A fine test of our new warship."

Ambassador Worf had taken a liking to the Captain and we knew not why. After the Ambassador's son was killed, he looked to the ships captain as though he was family. The captain even demanded to know why. Worf's only reply was, "I cannot lead you to water if you do not see the river. You have the tools to find out what i truly am to you, but i cannot tell you what you want to know. Doing so would dishonor the memory of my brother Kurn."

That name, Kurn...

It struck a special cord with the Captain. "Charge weapons! Target the Warbird! Decloak the ship and open a boardband channel. I want all these ship to hear my words." the Captain ordered.

The Black gleaming hull of a power Mogh Class Battlecriuser appeared as if from the depts of Sto'Vo'Kor. Its dark lines and vicious power glowed red with honor and glory. The ship's armor closed as the ship became battle ready. She was ridged for stealth, with a cloak like many other klingon ships, but her hull had been coated with sensor masking material to mask her approach and she was painted black so even onver she decloaked, it would be hard to see her in space. Her disruptors were top of the line and hummed to life as the ship became visible. The ship craved glory. would she get it this day? Or was there a good reason for these warrior of Qo'nos and Romulus meeting? An honorable reason?

"Weapons ready sir, ship decloaked and shields are up. Channel open," the first officer reported.

"Good. now that they have been discovered, let them know who holds the have of retribution," the Captain spoke. He grinned, ready to hear their explanation, or to kill them all, " I am Kurn, son of Rodek of house Noggra. Captain of the Klingon Battlecruiser Seraphim Shadow. I demand to know why klingon warriors are here meeting in secret like dishonorable pataQ! And if i do know like the answer, I will send you all to Gre'thor! I will NOT allow you to throw peace to the wind! Tell me now why you are here. If your sheilds, weapons or engines make more than a mouse TRIBBLE, I will END YOU," Kurn paused, "Repeat the message twice. If they do not reply by the end of the second repeat, fire all weapons. If they power weapons, fire everything. If they move, raise shields, or otherwise twitch in a manner you do not like, blow them into the next sector," Kurn finished, speaking lastly to his crew.

Kurn meant every word, but he didnt care which side of the coin landed up. If they had good reason he would let them live, maybe even aid them if there was cause and their machinations just. Or he would kill them in glorious combat. Kurn Returned to his Chair and waited for them to reply.

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam.