test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Suggestion]Nanopulse Retro Color Resale

dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
So, you want your Nanopulse Edge Lirpa/Bat'leth to be a specific color, but becuase that color was used a previous year, you may never get that opportunity again. Now, (I think) I know what the point is of rotating the nanopulse colors: to make them sort of like collector's items, kinda like an unofficial Veteran's reward. Well, here's my suggestion for how to satisfy both ends:

Every year, in addition to the new color that rolls out, players would be able to purchase the colors from three years prior. Out-of-season weapons would still be something special, but no longer unobtainable by "future generations". Here's a chart showing how this progression could work.

(Please note: Future colors are placed for example only, and should not be taken as any sort of prediction of what new colors will be made available.)
  • Year 1 (2011): Blue(Fed)/Red(KDF)
  • Year 2 (2012): Purple
  • Year 3 (2013): Green
  • Year 4 (2014): Yellow or Blue(Fed)/Red(KDF)
  • Year 5 (2015): White or Purple
  • Year 6 (2016): Orange or Green
  • Year 7 (2017): Cyan, Yellow, or Blue(Fed)/Red(KDF)
(I think another possibility for Year 7 and beyond, instead of trying to come out with more new colors, is to just loop Years 4-6. There are only so many colors you can come up with before any new colors become redundant and/or stale.)

I think this could be a good way to have all colors be available in the future without losing too much of their collectible appeal.
For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.
Post edited by dinoyipi on

Comments