test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I like Cherry Pie .. how to eat the most?

celticfistcohcelticfistcoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I enjoy the comments from the NPCs around the pie eating table .. XX likes cherry pie etc but they do get in my way as I stuff my captain's face. When another captain pulls up to the table and eats the pie I had my eye on I want to actually pie them in their face. I thought perhaps I could stand on the table and have all pies within an arms reach but when I pick one they force me to the floor loosing precious seconds of dessert eating time.

I ran the pie eating about 6-7 times yesterday and ranged from 8 to 11 pies. Heard mention in chat of some pig .. I mean captain stuffing 15 pies away.

So what is the most pies you have been able to eat and care to share any mad pie eating skills with the rest of us? What I found helpful was ...

1) More people around the more of my pies they eat. I would switch to instance with fewest people with the hope I am the only one at the table.
2) If forced to share the table be kind and move to other side of table so you dont stick your fingers in some else's pie.
3) Not sure if one pie can be eaten quicker then others but I seemed to enjoy the blackberry as one I might eat the fastest.

On the rewards I can only recall receiving only the most common salvage and since the epohh tags can only be gotten from the PvP race .. how about adding in epohh pie so we can get tags from this contest as well?

Celtic Fist
Post edited by celticfistcoh on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Some pies seem to go quicker and some slower. i think there is a pattern of some sort. might just be as simple as rotating through them, or it could be totally random.

best ive done is 11.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The smaller the pie seems to be, the faster you can eat it. It's that simple.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Best i have done was 10, and that was 2 pies next to each other. eat one then other spawns and just rotate between the 2. But there is always the player that just starts and has to stand right next to you and eat the pie you are about to.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Little known fact: If you sing Warrant's "Cherry Pie" as you do it, the event will go more quickly.
    <3
  • Options
    gr0cksgr0cks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Little known fact: If you sing Warrant's "Cherry Pie" as you do it, the event will go more quickly.

Tested, confirmed.
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    gr0cks wrote: »
    Tested, confirmed.

Lies!

I keep looking for the blonde, and that takes precious time away.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    Just as in real life, you can eat a smaller pie faster than a bigger pie.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

Well that depends if your hungry for it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

must resist urge to tell risque joke... Must Resist!!!!!! auuughhh!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've managed 12 pies by just targeting the smaller pies to eat. The reward doesn't seem any bigger then the 10 I average when just eating which ever pies happen to be closest.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what's the max reward for this? I seem to get the same regardless of whether I do 8 or 10.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »

gotta love the classics
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      I've managed 12 pies by just targeting the smaller pies to eat. The reward doesn't seem any bigger then the 10 I average when just eating which ever pies happen to be closest.

I think the cap is like 8 or 9 pies. Because it seems you get the same reward as 9, 10, and 11.

Should get an accolade for eating more than 10. :P
    • Options
      anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      I think the cap is like 8 or 9 pies. Because it seems you get the same reward as 9, 10, and 11.

Should get an accolade for eating more than 10. :P

It's 8 pies for 4 Commons. If you eat 7, you get 2 Commons. Haven't tested any lower ranges to see if it goes down to 1 or none.
      This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    • Options
      celticfistcohcelticfistcoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      Been stuffing my captains' face with more pie. Size does matter with smaller pies being able to be eaten more quickly. With 12 pies I have gotten four commons and when I ate too many of the large pies and only got to seven I got two pieces of salvage.

So try a variety of the smaller pies to push up your amounts, and the cutoff rewards seem to be at pie<7 = 2 pieces to 8<pie = 4 pieces. If you find out anything else different please share it.

Celtic Fist
    • Options
      cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited December 2013
      Will have to try the smaller pie thing, averaging about 10-11 just by finding a spot where I can just alternate between two pies so as not to waste time walking/shifting.