test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Snowblower needs a Nerfing

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
Seen many times in the last few hours a single person with the new Snowblower, taking out the entire Snowmen Armies and not even getting frozen in the attempt.

Come on guys, you even test this thing to see if it might be too good? :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dude, any snow gun can take out entire snowman armies, I know, I own them all.
  • Options
    hachanshachans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree, the snow weapons needs to get hit by the nerf-bat. I'm doing damage in the thousands (5000-6000 per hit) and the snow boss dies real quick. I suspect there's a damage multiplier gone haywire somewhere.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    hachans wrote: »
    I agree, the snow weapons needs to get hit by the nerf-bat. I'm doing damage in the thousands (5000-6000 per hit) and the snow boss dies real quick. I suspect there's a damage multiplier gone haywire somewhere.

Look at how much a snowball does? I would hope a gun could do 2-4x the damage over that.

I dont think the weapons need a nerf, It's fun seeing huge damage numbers rather than the pathetic small numbers normal weapons have but enemies die at about the same pace.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Of all the things to complain about, really?!?! Who cares?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »

If you don't care, then why post? :rolleyes:
    serevn wrote: »
    Dude, any snow gun can take out entire snowman armies, I know, I own them all.

Okay make a video and show me you can mow down the army without getting frozen in the same time frame, then I'll believe you.
  • Options
    hachanshachans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Look at how much a snowball does? I would hope a gun could do 2-4x the damage over that.

I dont think the weapons need a nerf, It's fun seeing huge damage numbers rather than the pathetic small numbers normal weapons have but enemies die at about the same pace.

I think last year it took like three or four shots with a gun to kill a snowman. And the boss one took a few minutes to take down. Noting major. And I'm not really complaining now either. There's plenty of fun things to do! I just noticed it and thought I should add it to the topic.
  • Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Have you considered snowmen are supposed to be weak ?

Think about it ... They're made of fluffed up water.

See this for further reference :D

http://motleynews.net/2012/11/24/its-not-worth-it-do-as-he-says-humor/
  • Options
    lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hachans wrote: »

You should use the winter tribble and look at those numbers again :)
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • Options
    sin99sin99 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok I'm confused, does Individual kills on Snowmen even matter? I was under the impression it was a group thing

So why would he weapons need a nerf?
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Working as intended - Mr. Grinch
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OP, your request makes sense if the drops are actually worth it. They aren't. I'm getting 1 bead/bell every 1 in 5 bosses on average, 2 beads/bells every 1 im 10 bosses on average. And you expect me to work twice as hard for peanuts? Please go do something more productive than ask devs to Nerf a snow gun. Not even sure if trolling or serious.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    kortaagkortaag Member Posts: 525
    edited December 2013
    Seen many times in the last few hours a single person with the new Snowblower, taking out the entire Snowmen Armies and not even getting frozen in the attempt.

Come on guys, you even test this thing to see if it might be too good? :rolleyes:

No they don't. In fact on day 1 of Q's wonderland their gingerbread mission was broken, the giant snow man would mostly not appear and the frozen race was spotty in order to opt into it. It's like they put 1 guy on the project and that guy just tacked on the gingerbread mission and considered it done. They wouldn't even quality check something that simple. Really really bad habits these devs have. I'm shocked that knuckles aren't rapped for these obvious errors that just keep happening over and over and it's always something they could QA before they released it.
    May good management be with you.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Actually, if I've been noticing it right, how many snowmen you kill DOES matter. It's participation based, so if you don't kill very many, you don't get as much of a reward.

If you do something like mow down the snowman legion up in that corner, you can get a LOT more.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it just adds up your damage done. There's nothing else that matters is this event. So the more pain you dish out the more rewards you get. And yeah, I usually get 10 commods if I wipe the snowman army solo.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it just adds up your damage done. There's nothing else that matters is this event. So the more pain you dish out the more rewards you get. And yeah, I usually get 10 commods if I wipe the snowman army solo.

Fair enough. Still, bringing down the army is a LOT of early damage or kills, however it is done, to help get a lot more items.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    As someone who has a snow weapon from last year, I can confirm that those weapons are doing normal damage- but the new weapons are doing massively increased damage compared to the old guns.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The results of my experimentation show the Flurry is still better.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well something is certainly more effective this year. Last year it seemed like there were always at least a few snowman-cleanups still going on when the PVP race started, so Snowman Invasions lasting up to 15 minutes. Last couple of days, I haven't seen any invasions last longer than 6 minutes, and 4 seems to be the average, and its not like there are more players per zone this year. Its just not as much fun when everything becomes a speedrun.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its just not as much fun when everything becomes a speedrun.

You mean like STFs, most PvE... majority of this game in general...

:rolleyes:
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You mean like STFs, most PvE... majority of this game in general...

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately. This one at least, being a new development, might be able to still nip it in the bud.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    got the snowblower yesterday...the flurry is still better. more range, same aoe, shorter cooldowns
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »

Exactly, This is your concern?, OK, simple break down crayola style.

45 day X Twice an hour (48 times a day) x 30 zones (give, or take)= You will get to shoot a snow man between now and Martin Luther king Day.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pokes head inside thread, starts reading, throws mistletoe over shoulder and walks out shakin head.............
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif