test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gorn "Short"comings...

elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Klingon Discussion
The Gorn... a favorite species of mine are miss represented in this game. Granted. its much better then JJ Trek game's version, but well, this is what bothers me.

My Gorn's height is maxed out, 8'6" and max legs and torso settings. I am still almost a full head shorter then Gorn NPC Civilians in First City.

This isn't, acceptable. Gorn players want to play a big, imposing guy. To have rank and file civilians in First City look tougher... I don't like it.
Post edited by elvnswords on

Comments

• Options
    zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe all the Gorn females are around First City.
  • Options
    elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    she's a brick house...
  • Options
    tksmittytksmitty Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's not common knowledge outside the Hegemony, but the females of our species are the larger of the two sexes.

In fact, that is why there are very few female Gorn that serve as the captain of a starship. They simply grow too large to fit anywhere. And, they are the life-givers, after all. You should not have to ask a female Gorn to both give and take life.
    Current ship/builds:
    KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
    Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tksmitty wrote: »
    It's not common knowledge outside the Hegemony, but the females of our species are the larger of the two sexes.

In fact, that is why there are very few female Gorn that serve as the captain of a starship. They simply grow too large to fit anywhere. And, they are the life-givers, after all. You should not have to ask a female Gorn to both give and take life.

The heart of a poet and the bite of a nightmare.
    Thank you, it's good to read something like this in the morning.:)
  • Options
    alexveccialexvecci Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only short comings i see are the ridicolously undersized weapons and the lack of Balaur dreadnaughts in the KDF.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    elvnswords wrote: »
    The Gorn... a favorite species of mine are miss represented in this game. Granted. its much better then JJ Trek game's version, but well, this is what bothers me.

My Gorn's height is maxed out, 8'6" and max legs and torso settings. I am still almost a full head shorter then Gorn NPC Civilians in First City.

This isn't, acceptable. Gorn players want to play a big, imposing guy. To have rank and file civilians in First City look tougher... I don't like it.

If I remember correctly, Legacy of Romulus broke this. And it has been broken ever since. I was able to make huge Gorn before LoR, granted I was still just a bit shorter that the Gorn walking around Qo'noS.
    But the launch of LoR and the new tailor messed somethig up with the Gorn size adjustments, so since then we're not able to make a proper Gorn, but only those small ones I call 'lizardmen'. Same goes for my Gorn Boffs, I have a couple huge Gorn Boffs from before, but after LoR every Gorn Boff I received is small.

Given the track record of fixing things, especially KDF related....I'd say don't get your hopes up before the end of 2015. *shrugs*
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    The heart of a poet and the bite of a nightmare.
    Thank you, it's good to read something like this in the morning.:)

Thanks! I try!
    Current ship/builds:

• Options
    edited December 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, Legacy of Romulus broke this. And it has been broken ever since. I was able to make huge Gorn before LoR, granted I was still just a bit shorter that the Gorn walking around Qo'noS.
    But the launch of LoR and the new tailor messed somethig up with the Gorn size adjustments, so since then we're not able to make a proper Gorn, but only those small ones I call 'lizardmen'. Same goes for my Gorn Boffs, I have a couple huge Gorn Boffs from before, but after LoR every Gorn Boff I received is small.

Given the track record of fixing things, especially KDF related....I'd say don't get your hopes up before the end of 2015. *shrugs*

You've got a lot of faith in Cryptic then. :P
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    alexvecci wrote: »
    The only short comings i see are the ridicolously undersized weapons and the lack of Balaur dreadnaughts in the KDF.

I agree. I would very much like the see the Balaur become a playable ship.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You've got a lot of faith in Cryptic then. :P

Their track record with the KDF speaks more than a thousand words.
  • Options
    derbeelzebotderbeelzebot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013

The Omega Force Carbine looks especially funny on a Gorn :P.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Omega Force Carbine looks especially funny on a Gorn :P.

Maybe we can ask the DEVS for a dual-wield option.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Maybe we can ask the DEVS for a dual-wield option.

Heck yeah.

My and other people's gorns have an omega set, with dual wield it'd be like having a dual-uzi wielding armored 2.61m tall reptilian Rambo.....

good lord, i can already see the borg and the voth being like "Oh TRIBBLE..."!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Heck yeah.

My and other people's gorns have an omega set, with dual wield it'd be like having a dual-uzi wielding armored 2.61m tall reptilian Rambo.....

Gorn: Sending the Voth back to extinction since November 12, 2013.

"There is only room for ONE king tyrant lizard race in this galaxy!" (Excludes Saurians, they aren't cool enough to be a threat.)
    Current ship/builds:

• Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2013

"There is only room for ONE king tyrant lizard race in this galaxy!" (Excludes Saurians, they aren't cool enough to be a threat.)

True. Although Saurians are Chameliods, not monitor lizards.

Rumors of Aennik Okeg's cousin, Captain Voru of the USS Caledonian, being engaged to Gorn Crown Prince Slathis have been greatly exaggerated. She accepted an invitation by the Gorn Royal family to join them in their private box during the Cestus III ballgame between the Empire and the Hegemony. -Official statement by the planetary government of Sauria dated 2393.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Heck yeah.

I now have an image of a Borg and a Voth giving each other the ''oh TRIBBLE run'' look when confronted by a Rambo Gorn lol.
  • Options
    coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well atleast we now have GHS as ship prefix available :) So its a start for the Gorn..
    Im GORN again I feel free
    No longer alone
    A dis-ruptor is shinning
    And shows me a fed that I've blown
    I can eat my way through
    I know I will digest you
    All those drills of mine weren't in vain
    I'm GORN again

--sing like the Boney M Born again song :p

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!