test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments on Scimi Aux2Bat FAW build

traptpatriottraptpatriot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Romulan Discussion
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=aux2batfawscimi_0

I have not made this build yet, but I have the Scimi and am thinking about switch to an Aux2Bat FAW build. I currently use cannons/torps and I average around 20k DPS in ISE, though I did get 23k DPS in CSE just the other day. I don't parse all the time, just because sometimes I am just grinding for marks.

Anyway, any thoughts on the build? I decided to run two tac teams because I was thinking of having one in reserve incase my rotation gets messed up. Also, I included items from having a Spire T3. I know they are not out yet, but this is for the future.:D

What kind of rotation should I use? New to Aux2Bat FAW builds so if something looks wrong just tell me, this build is no way finished.

*EDIT* Just took all my point out of the auxiliary tab in the skill tree and distributed elsewhere. If I am running aux2bat I don't need aux points. Link updated.
Post edited by traptpatriot on

Comments

• variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *EDIT* Just took all my point out of the auxiliary tab in the skill tree and distributed elsewhere. If I am running aux2bat I don't need aux points. Link updated.

Well...the way aux2bat works is by dumping all your aux power into your other subsystems, so more aux power = more power for everything else when you run aux2bat. Might want to rethink that. Also, I'd put at least 3 ticks, and preferably 6, into power insulators. More protection from Borg stealing your shields and all that.

Your equipment loadout is extremely similar to what I run in my Monbosh.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well...ya thats the build to do the most dps...ever.

Have fun while you can...gets pretty boring, pretty quick
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • traptpatriottraptpatriot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Well...the way aux2bat works is by dumping all your aux power into your other subsystems, so more aux power = more power for everything else when you run aux2bat. Might want to rethink that. Also, I'd put at least 3 ticks into power insulators, more protection from Borg stealing your shield and all that.

Your equipment loadout is extremely similar to what I run in my Monbosh.

Are you sure? Because I read in another post that someone was getting way more possible power when he used aux2bat. IIRC, like 30 each subsystem, and his power level for aux was not at 90. Would that be affected by the starship EPS? If I need it I will put points into it, I just thought I did not need it.
    edited December 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    Well...ya thats the build to do the most dps...ever.

Have fun while you can...gets pretty boring, pretty quick

True, but this will be my only character running this type of build.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are you sure? Because I read in another post that someone was getting way more possible power when he used aux2bat. IIRC, like 30 each subsystem, and his power level for aux was not at 90. Would that be affected by the starship EPS? If I need it I will put points into it, I just thought I did not need it.

Oh yes, you need eps...

Its what makes overcapping viable....as you shoot, your power rushes back in, EPS affects how fast it refills
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited December 2013

I assume you're talking about this post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8423081&postcount=9

To be honest I don't know for sure how EPS figures in here. I'd have to do some testing with my own Engie to see what effect EPS has on Aux2Batt.

What I was talking about is the "Starship Auxiliary Performance" skill and how it impacts Aux2Batt. With 6 points in that skill you'd have a flat +8.4 bonus to your aux power at all times, no matter what your power settings were, meaning more power being dumped into your other subsystems whenever you run aux2batt. If EPS in fact does magnify aux2batt's effectiveness, the extra power you'd have in aux from that skill would also benefit.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't fly a Scimitar, but I have used a similar build on a Mogai. Works great!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    I assume you're talking about this post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8423081&postcount=9

To be honest I don't know for sure how EPS figures in here. I'd have to do some testing with my own Engie to see what effect EPS has on Aux2Batt.

What I was talking about is the "Starship Auxiliary Performance" skill and how it impacts Aux2Batt. With 6 points in that skill you'd have a flat +8.4 bonus to your aux power at all times, no matter what your power settings were, meaning more power being dumped into your other subsystems whenever you run aux2batt. If EPS in fact does magnify aux2batt's effectiveness, the extra power you'd have in aux from that skill would also benefit.

Yes, that is the exact one. But I was saying I didn't know aux power was split up to the other subsystems when you used aux2bat, based on that post. But if the EPS skill does increase the values then that post seems viable. I still don't fully understand all of the games mechanics, so if I say something unusual that is why haha.

What is everyones thoughts on the two tactical teams? Wasn't really sure what to do with a ensign boff and I wanted to make sure tactical team is almost always on depending on global cd.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    TT spamming is a good strategy, so you might as well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2013
    What is everyones thoughts on the two tactical teams? Wasn't really sure what to do with a ensign boff and I wanted to make sure tactical team is almost always on depending on global cd.

I'd go with either Tac Team or Polarize Hull in that slot. Personal preference.