test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Boff Training.

genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I would like to see a item put in the game that would allow people to train a officer without having to do a trade, since there is certain bound bridge officers.

My thoughts would be a datapad that could be used to put the skill into them, then the item can be put on the exchange or traded to other players.

It really sucks when you have bridge officers your wanting to use but can not train them in the ability your wishing to use due to not being able to trade them.
Post edited by genada on

Comments

• Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Why cant you trade them? Ive done it many times. open the trade window and drag and drop. If they have an open slot then they can train the BOFF for you then trade back. If its a BOFF from the C-Store or other unique then grab the cheapest one you can get off the exchange, have them train it and use that to train yours.

Or are you just looking for something you can do to make EC?
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Why cant you trade them? Ive done it many times. open the trade window and drag and drop. If they have an open slot then they can train the BOFF for you then trade back. If its a BOFF from the C-Store or other unique then grab the cheapest one you can get off the exchange, have them train it and use that to train yours.

Or are you just looking for something you can do to make EC?

You can't trade special BOffs once claimed like the Diplomacy BOff, etc. Many people's entire crews are special BOffs.

You also risk being scammed.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Did I not say use the cheapest one you can get off the exchange, train it and use that to train the BOFF? Oh yeah i did say that.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can't trade special BOffs once claimed like the Diplomacy BOff, etc. Many people's entire crews are special BOffs.

You also risk being scammed.

You can't trade special boffs like c-store borg and tovan khev, but you can trade diplomacy boffs. A feddie can have a full complement of nausicaan sci and engi boffs if you're willing to grind out 100k diplo.
  • Options
    genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Did I not say use the cheapest one you can get off the exchange, train it and use that to train the BOFF? Oh yeah i did say that.

I do not believe that works or at least I have not figured out how to get it to work. Once you trade the officer it becomes part of your crew.
  • Options
    terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Easy fix, add a training tray in the trade menu. Officers placed there, can be right-clicked and selected for training. The training then doesn't complete until both accept trade, leaving the officer in the original captain's crew the entire time.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately Cryptic makes you choose between the Star Trek stuff you want to have and the stuff you need to be "optimal". (Want to fly an iconic Galaxy you know from the show? Too bad, fly an ugly avenger. Want an all Orion ground crew to double as your space crew? Too bad, get some Naasicans. Want to run iconic phasers? Too bad. Your fed ship is shooting green beams buddy. etc.) In this case they expect you to give up the unique characters you want for a more generic one you can get the best skills for.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dear god yes! It would spare me a lot of hassle if my toons could cross-train each others' BOFFs.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!