test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get lobi crystals fast?

forecaster17forecaster17 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
I want to be able to get the breen chel grette and the new raider during the 35 day winter event and IF! I participate in the daily activity everyday for 34 days only have 1360 Q autographs out of 2000.I want to know if buying lock box keys and opening lock boxes is a good method of acquiring lobi crystals.I dont want to spend more than 50$+ in order to do this.How much crystals do boxes usually give?Is it practical?what box is best to use?should i just give up and settle for one?

Also when does the event start?is there a chance it will be extended?
Post edited by forecaster17 on

Comments

• johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    usually a box grants about 5 lobis on average so for your missing 640 lobis you may have to open 128 lock boxes, maybe a bit less

except during events like the one we currently have you only get lobis by opening boxes
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is the only way to get Lobi Crystals as of tomorrow. The event starts tomorrow and it might be extended, but don't count on it. Lobi Crystals give 2 to 6 autographs per 5 Lobi Crystals I think. I suggest do what you can and wait till next Winter event to finish it off if you don't want to spend over $50. Dilithium and Energy Credits are other ways of getting Lobi. Costs about 1.5 million EC to get a lockbox key from the exchange.
  • agc1agc1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    if you run 25 days you will have enough pics of Q to get a ship just like every year they have done it...they give 40 pics with each race you do and thats more than enough to get them...however if life gets in the way u can just speand the lobi to get some pics but really not needed as i have never done that and still get the ship just from running the race...and no they wont extend the event once its done its done
  • forecaster17forecaster17 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If they release a new ship every year I will never be able to catch up unless I dump an assload of money to buy the lock box keys to open the lock boxes to buy the q **** with will give me 2-6 q pictures. Il will be in depth like America every year not being able to catch up. :(
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want to be able to get the breen chel grette and the new raider during the 35 day winter event and IF! I participate in the daily activity everyday for 34 days only have 1360 Q autographs out of 2000.I want to know if buying lock box keys and opening lock boxes is a good method of acquiring lobi crystals.I dont want to spend more than 50$+ in order to do this.How much crystals do boxes usually give?Is it practical?what box is best to use?should i just give up and settle for one?

Also when does the event start?is there a chance it will be extended?

It's just not just a 'good' method for getting lobi crystals, as of maintenance tomorrow it's back to being the -only- method. Boxes have the same drop rates on lobi crystals but, to offset costs, I'd suggest Temporal or Dominion boxes if you can find them (probably on the exchange) or just use the cheap/free Voth lockboxes. Boxes typically give between 4 and 25 crystals, most typically towards the lower end of the scale. Right now $50 will get you 40 and change keys. Depending on your luck that could be as few as 160 lobi or flex up to 200, 300 on a good run.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    not sure if you can save up unused Q-pics for next year tbh but maybe that way you can "catch up"

also you can do the dailys every 20h normally so you can get a few more pics that way
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    not sure if you can save up unused Q-pics for next year tbh but maybe that way you can "catch up"...

I still have a nice stack of Q-pics from last year, waiting to be used...