test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a 30k DPS Avenger Build

amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Federation Discussion
I am looking for a 30k DPS Avenger Build. My BFAW build is not there yet. I need to do some more tweaks to get there. Any help is appreciated.
Post edited by amaresh1 on

Comments

• mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Be aware that bfaw is currently bugged and can't crit.

You will do more damage if they ever get around to fixing it.

Also no one can help you build for more damage if you don't tell us what you have first.
  • amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Here is my current build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=amafaw_0

I am running 3 Purple Technicians 1 Marion 1 Energy Weapons Officer for DOFFs

Skill tree is will need more work.
  • talajtalaj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Take a look at THIS - it's a pretty standard Romulan plasma beamboat with the romulan rep 2-piece, both borg 2-pieces, and plasma infused embassy flow cap consoles to both get the most out of leech and increase plasma damage.

Run it with 3 purple techs, Marion and frankly whatever else you like because only those four doffs are integral to the build - Exocomp or the RSP duration doff are both decent choices.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    those aux2bat FAW builds listed can get 30k, I use a similar one but its down to 20kish now because of crit bug on FAW so should go back up once its fixed. If not using aux2bat FAW build its very hard but can be done, usually the Tac Kumari spamming scatter volley and apb is what I see doing it but it dies very easy.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    talaj wrote: »
    Take a look at THIS - it's a pretty standard Romulan plasma beamboat with the romulan rep 2-piece, both borg 2-pieces, and plasma infused embassy flow cap consoles to both get the most out of leech and increase plasma damage.

Run it with 3 purple techs, Marion and frankly whatever else you like because only those four doffs are integral to the build - Exocomp or the RSP duration doff are both decent choices.

Nice, but why waste point in projectile weapons when you're not using them? Might as well max flow caps and have that plasmonic leech console add +8 more power accross the board.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    amaresh1 wrote: »

Like I said of the other build. You're not using projectiles so why waste on the skill. You would benefit even more from flow caps than the other one because it enhances the tetryon glider bonus you get from the two piece Omega.
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Nice, but why waste point in projectile weapons when you're not using them? Might as well max flow caps and have that plasmonic leech console add +8 more power accross the board.

I didn't alter the OP's skill setup, just the ship setup.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    amaresh1 wrote: »

because I am lazy to alter the build, just decipher the following: :D

you need only 2 purp technicians, get a 10%+ dmg doff and/or an exocomp doff and/or a conn officer

drop epts add epta (comes handy when you need a heal, or you cant use a2b)
    use the uni lt slot for an engineer, add eptw and shuffle around for a rsp

use HE and TSS in the sci slot

and get some better equipment ofc :)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    even after using the enhanced builds offered, you may not reach 30k dps.
    since the parser takes encounter duration and divides it by total dmg, you may be below 30k because the encounter was longer than 4 minutes or so.
    in my experiance if ISE elite takes more than 4-5 minutes, nobody will reach 30k dps in that run.
    30-40k dps parses usualy are no longer than 3 minutes.
    Go pro or go home
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Question: On the revised stoacademy ship, why run APO? You've already got PHP to break tractors, etc. You'd get more damage out of FAW3+APB1
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    talaj wrote: »

This is very close, swap to beta II and BFAWII with a 2nd tt1 in the ensign slot, that should do it. Remember the key to the top dpsing Avenger is Romie plasma banks with their combo disruptor/plasma proc.

This still probably won't pull down 30k, that generally the exclusive range of Scimitars. But it will give you amazing dps.
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Question: On the revised stoacademy ship, why run APO? You've already got PHP to break tractors, etc. You'd get more damage out of FAW3+APB1

Oddly enough you don't try it out sometime. The Beam boat tests have pretty conclusively shown B2 + Bfaw 2 is better then B1+ BFaw3.
    edited December 2013
    This is very close, swap to beta II and BFAWII with a 2nd tt1 in the ensign slot, that should do it. Remember the key to the top dpsing Avenger is Romie plasma banks with their combo disruptor/plasma proc.

I prefer to augment with more attack pattern uptime than switching from FAW1 to FAW2 - especially when you're effectively slotting a second TT just to use up the slot, given one copy runs at global with an A2B build. I suppose it comes down to personal preference though, as I doubt there'd be a great deal in it either way.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thought about equipping my Avenger with Can/DCs/DHCs but it seems people tend to beam builds.

Having equipped 2x Advanced RCS MK XI and the Tachyokinetic Converter, my ship has a turn of about 24.4 degree/second. Feels still lame, and single Cannons wouldn't really do it.
  • kingstonalankingstonalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You guys using ACT and what plugin to get 20-30k dps in ISE ? lol :eek:
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You guys using ACT and what plugin to get 20-30k dps in ISE ? lol :eek:

the hilbert plugin. but I have most of the plugins, and in the end, they will all show pretty much the same results. if you are dealing 20k dps, you are dealing 20k dps :)

also to OP, pls note, you will have a harder time with FAW to reach 30k, as it is still broken

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    baudl wrote: »
    even after using the enhanced builds offered, you may not reach 30k dps.
    since the parser takes encounter duration and divides it by total dmg, you may be below 30k because the encounter was longer than 4 minutes or so.
    in my experiance if ISE elite takes more than 4-5 minutes, nobody will reach 30k dps in that run.
    30-40k dps parses usualy are no longer than 3 minutes.

This.

30k dps sustained parses are pretty much hot air, in terms of claiming your ship can do 30k dps sustained.

1: it won't do 30k dps sustained over a longer period of time.

2: it won't do 30k dps without a good team supporting you.

Sorry to say it, folks. Well, I'm not. If we got builds solo-ing a fully sustained 30k dps, that'd make PvE content even sillier when running with a good team.
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Except they're not. I've seen (parsed) people's scimitars parse 35k+ in what was essentially a pug of about 4 minutes. When the two things you mention happen (short run and a team supporting) scimitars can hit mid 40k and in edge cases 50k+.

People can already solo ise with optionals. How much sillier can it get.