test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - December 3, 2013

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131117a.10

General:
  • Resolved an issue which was causing some players to have an invalid skill tree.
  • Resolved an issue which was blocking progression on numerous missions:
    • Aiding the Deferi
    • Coliseum
    • Crack in the Mirror
    • Ore for Outpost 3
    • Outpost 3 Security
    • Defense Contract
  • "Sphere of Influence" is now part of the normal level progression found in the journal under Solanae Dyson Sphere.
    • Player must be level 50 to play the mission.
    • The free Obelisk is no longer available.
    • Along with "Sphere of Influence", other Dyson Sphere missions can be found in this part of the journal:
      • Circles Within Circles, Supply Woes, The Contested Zone, The Omega Standoff, and Tower Control.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When will the crashing issue be fixed? Some still have it.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    When will the crashing issue be fixed? Some still have it.

Was resolved in this Tribble patch last Wednesday: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=934471

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was resolved in this Tribble patch last Wednesday: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=934471

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Apparently not for some people I know.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lanbanditlanbandit Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can you tell us how long Tribble isexpected to be unavailable for maintenance? I am one of the folks unable to access Holodeck.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Apparently not for some people I know.

They've tried Tribble? Is it with 25664664? If so: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13802081#post13802081

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lanbandit wrote: »
    Can you tell us how long Tribble isexpected to be unavailable for maintenance? I am one of the folks unable to access Holodeck.

Its already patched up, the server just isn't online so you can go ahead and try to get in and if you get past the loading screen and on to the server is down screen you know its fixed for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    • Along with "Sphere of Influence", other Dyson Sphere missions can be found in this part of the journal:
      • Circles Within Circles, Supply Woes, The Contested Zone, The Omega Standoff, and Tower Control.

In my opinion, the red missions above don't belong with the rest of the episode missions, because they are basically a tutorial to the Dyson Sphere and don't have much story.

Is there an update on the bug that is causing "Sphere of Influence" to break costume slots?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=897841
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=937581

Also, the mission "Defense Contract" has stopped dropping computer core fragments for a while now. That means that players can no longer gather enough fragments to start the mission "Salvage Dispute (Repeatable)".

There also seems to be a bug with demoting fleet leaders. If a fleet leader is demoted and he leaves before the demotion is complete, then the timer will continue to count down, but when it reaches zero, it will become stuck there. This prevents anyone from being promoted or demoted after the demoted fleet leader leaves.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=933811
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    In my opinion, the red missions above don't belong with the rest of the episode missions, because they are basically a tutorial to the Dyson Sphere and don't have much story.
    In my opinion, you are correct. :)

Aren't a couple of them just, "go talk to this guy" type "missions?"
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    In my opinion, you are correct. :)

Aren't a couple of them just, "go talk to this guy" type "missions?"

Pretty much.
    But the "Solanae Dyson Sphere" episode tab would practically be empty without them.

And that's the problem.
    There is practically no story mission in the Solanae Dyson Sphere.

Devs should think about that.
    Apart from the excellent "Sphere of Influence", Season 8 is devoid of meaningful story progression and story-driven gameplay.
    The Dyson Reputation cutscenes are nice, but not at all enough.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • razorwalkerrazorwalker Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    I too have found Season 8 very lacking of story and progression with the exception of Sphere of Influence. Will there be more Season 8 released or is this it? I seriously hope that this is not all of Season 8. Past seasons have had numerous episodes that were story driven and had some type of flow to them. These seem to be just fillers, not really story arcs.
  • iwillprevailiwillprevail Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi Brandon, can you please tell us when a fix for Romulan characters not being able to wear previously released scarves (especially from winter 2011, winter 2012) based on if they are allied with Starfleet or the KDF, and also the Tholian silk scarf? Some of us have bought them on the Exchange for many ECs and then opened them up and unlocked them already, and legitimately paid for them, but in the tailor there are no options in any of the drop downs etc. to actually equip and use/wear them. Many of us will be very disappointed and upset if we can't wear these on our Romulan faction characters. *Please* request that this be fixed soon. We want to be able to wear these on our Roms! Thank you!
  • raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    price per unit still not working.
  • aderonzaderonz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    will the advanced swarmers still be avilable ?
  • miklsilvermiklsilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    still no fix. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=912961&page=6

leaving the game indefinitely. tired of it all. in steam have something to do.