test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    venarra wrote: »
    Still cannot login. Error: 18897741. I'm getting tired of posting these... :(

Will I get reimbursement for lost Lobis during the featured episode event (which ends soon)? and the Winter event free ship? I doubt this will get fixed any time soon, at least not in a time frame that will allow me to collect 1000+ autographed pictures of Q for all my toons (even my main Fed toon who has a stash of 240 pics from last year). :confused:

I love the game, the events, the opportunities to get cool free stuff. STO is one of the few truly free games out there (aside from Lobies, you can earn Zen via Dili sales). I don't want to miss out on this winter event's ship and special items.

Besides, I still have a snowball launcher I want to shoot people with. ;)

Which server are you trying to log in on? Right now we can only log in on Tribble, not holodeck. We cant get there till the 5th.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Which server are you trying to log in on? Right now we can only log in on Tribble, not holodeck. We cant get there till the 5th.

Holodeck. I don't have a Tribble account. How do i go about getting a Tribble account?
    edited December 2013
    Found it. I'm copying my main character and patching now (several hours of patching...) to get access. If it works in Tribble, then a fix is just an update away. :)

Back to watching Dexter on netflixs...
  • softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just checking in to see how things are going, seems they fixed somethings and kicked others. :mad:

Sorta like taking a patch with a grain of salt, but glad "Branflakes" has kept all doors opened from the looks of it.

Hope all are able to play soon! cause we want it, cause we need it & CAUSE WE DESERVE IT!!!
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Re: 25664664 -- if the graphics fix on Tribble did not resolve the issue, it could be related to bad RAM, followed by other hardware problems (bad motherboard, etc). It is possible that it is caused by failing SSDs; but we have not confirmed that. Frequently, thermal problems are related; that is the problem only manifests when their computer gets warmer, due to gaming, etc.

The steps you should try for a resolution:

1) Verify all files via the selection in the 'options' link at the top of the launcher, and try again
    2) Reboot and verify all files, and try again
    3) Reinstall, and try again

Note that this only addresses the symptom, and not the cause; it won't fix whatever went wrong. We usually recommend players use the memory tester that comes with Windows 7 and higher, or other third-party testers that you would need to try at your own cost/ risk.

Hope that helps those of you experiencing crash #25664664.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I tried all of those things within the first 48 hours of "the great crash". My RAM and other hardware (eg motherboard) is fine, since I can play other, graphically far superior games like like Old Republic without the slightest hitch.

It isnt an overheating issue. I can boot up in less than a minute, and I've tried loading STO immediately after boot up to no effect. It literally stone cold when the crash occurs.

My machine is far, far above spec aand I have 600gb free on my hard drive so its not that. No viruses either.

To state again:
    Intel Celeron 846 1.10GHz processor
    8Gb DD3 memory
    750 Gb Hard Drive (of which 600 Gb free)
    Intel HD 2000 graphics card, with driver 9.17.10.3347
    Wireless is 802.11 b/g/n. Fast broadband connection too, with unlimited usage.

On the off chance my previous deletions, reboots and reinstalls happened in a weird parallel reality that bled through to my subconscious, I followed your advice and tried again. Totally removed the game, deleted all files linked to it, even cleaned the registry with Ccleaner.

Rebooted, went to the webiste and had to download the Arc installer.

After patching, I got the same error code on tribble and holodeck. Tried both in safe mode with no luck. Tried altering the diret X settings on menu and no luck. Tried rebooting again with no luck.

All it has achieved is wasting another 2 hours of my time and besmirching my laptop with ARC. In hindsight I should have asked my sis to send me her (original) installer but I didnt fancy waiting four days to see her on the weekend, since I deleted my old installer with the rest of the files in case that was an issue.

Heres the full problem again: I'm crashing after selecting a character (any character tried with all three). It gets to about 90% before coming up with the crash handler with number 25664664.

This never happened before the Season 8 patch. It worked fine that very morning, then you guys put S8 on and the problem started. The same has happened to others, like the person on this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=928411 (although curiously he was able to get on tribble at the time). I would go back and find the other 25664664ers on this thread, but its 308 pages long. I know at least a couple of others have this problem without me doing a full search for all of them.

Empirically, it is not a hardware problem. We (25ers) were fine, then you put S8 up, that same day we all break in the same way as the other error codes.

It is also worth noting that the error bears many similarities to the other errors that cropped up with S8, notably that it crashes on loading at approximately 70-90 percent loaded.

The only other thing I can say that might help (as Ive mentioned before) that might be of help. My dad and sis did some of lobi FE's for me using my log in. One of them left my ship parked in Bajor sector space on two occasions, and on both occasions I was miraculously able to load up and fly perfectly. On both occasions when I tried to warp out it again crashed at approximately 90% on the loading screen for the next map, with 25664664 returning like the creepy undead zombie code it is. I guess this would support it being a graphics issue on cryptics end.

My issue is not with you personally Bran though I do wish you'd read my prior post fully. Its with cryptic ignoring the tribble posts for a month before launch, and depriving us of the game for more than three weeks. Probably more in my case.

We have yet to have any official apology from anyone but yourself, and no compensation for lost resources seems to be incoming (in fat it has been ignored every time the issue is raised, not even a "no").

Captainsmirk in particular was very rude to us crashers during the livestream. Putting you to one side (since you did apologize and at least answer a few of our questions), PWE/Cyptics customer service and attitude has been so awful that I would walk away from this game right now if not for the substantial time and money I've already put in and for my adoration of STO as a whole.

But if those goes on for much longer even my patience will expire and cryptic will lose all further purchases from me not only for this game, but any future PWE games I might have tried. I cant imagine I'm the only who feels this way.

EDIT:

If it helps I've tried to find a few more people getting the same error code as myself. Posts 2290 and 2156 both mention the same code and problem. In addition, illwilled (post 345) quoted one my error posts (with ticket), but doesnt mention if his error code is the same. Not a complete list and I'm admittedly not a forum jedi but its a start.

ryo030708, directly below me, may also have the same ticket though I'm not sure.

Could all 25664664ers help out by posting please? We might be in the minority but we're still important. The more info we have the more likely we are to get a fix.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • ryo030708ryo030708 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Re: 25664664 -- if the graphics fix on Tribble did not resolve the issue, it could be related to bad RAM, followed by other hardware problems (bad motherboard, etc). It is possible that it is caused by failing SSDs; but we have not confirmed that. Frequently, thermal problems are related; that is the problem only manifests when their computer gets warmer, due to gaming, etc.

The steps you should try for a resolution:

1) Verify all files via the selection in the 'options' link at the top of the launcher, and try again
    2) Reboot and verify all files, and try again
    3) Reinstall, and try again

Note that this only addresses the symptom, and not the cause; it won't fix whatever went wrong. We usually recommend players use the memory tester that comes with Windows 7 and higher, or other third-party testers that you would need to try at your own cost/ risk.

Hope that helps those of you experiencing crash #25664664.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hello all
    I am a french player and i am also without STO since the season 8.
    I give up and i will play to SWTOR.

Thanks for all Cryptics...I wanted to suscribe but now I will suscribe in SWTOR.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    They say patience is a virtue... I'm beginning to question this.

Sigh...

true. i see by your avitar that you have played cathrene
    am i right
    nerf.jpg]
    edited December 2013
    Good news everyone, looks like I'm back in. Rebuilt my PC with windows 7, from the ground up, and it works.

Who would have thought the return of the start button in all its glory would get STO working again.

Main thing is it works. Any other 25ers tried "downgrading"?. I didnt do it for STO, did for better desktop interface. STO is just a nice side effect.

Well brothers and sisters I'll stay and keep you company anyway. I doubt it will be too long before something else crops up. See you in game soon, and if I bump into any persistent officers I'll toss you a diplomatic immunity.

Goodbye 25664664. I hope to never see your ugly face again.

Anyone know how to earn Persistent Officer Title in game? I'd like to keep in touch with you all if poss.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

• bornbaddbornbadd Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    18897741 still in effect ~!! gonna be even more depressed when I miss the winter event this year .....My pc is not the problem , it wasn't the problem before you rolled out s8 ...I find the vanilla post to be an insult to tell the truth .....but hey its the world we live in ....:(
    P.S. quit putting resolved on my ticket .....until it is resolved thanks
  • redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm still here, but not for long .... Now I have a SWTOR account and it works just fine.Who knows,with this winter event we may have other errors and we will be the ones affected.....I like STO and i just want to have fun .... if STO does not work, we'll find other games...3 weeks now... i'm begin to think that they.......ok, that's it .. they will lose another player and another and another......
  • o4q123o4q123 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone heard about what they think the issue might be yet?
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bornbadd wrote: »
    18897741 still in effect ~!! gonna be even more depressed when I miss the winter event this year .....My pc is not the problem , it wasn't the problem before you rolled out s8 ...I find the vanilla post to be an insult to tell the truth .....but hey its the world we live in ....:(
    P.S. quit putting resolved on my ticket .....until it is resolved thanks

I had that number. and they found a fix and have put it on tribble (it will be a week old tomorrow.) it works fine for me. then again for you it might be the different hardware etc. i hope you can get in to enjoy the winter event.
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
    edited December 2013
    Keep hope my brothers...

I am able to access and play on tribble with my crappy AMD 64 and Radeon x1650 video card. I think a fix is seriously in the works.

A word to cryptic: the reason we play free-to-play games is because we are _poor_. We don't have high-end systems (though I have been bad mouthed by students who's systems were bought by mommy and daddy).

And above all else: we love the game, otherwise we wouldn't be making so much noise about it. It's fun and enjoyable.
  • runicwardenrunicwarden Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just checked Tribble after the Dec 3 patch, encountered another 25664664 crash. First off my system specs:

Windows: Windows 7 Professional
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor 3.20 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system
    Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 440, driver 331.82

My video drivers are up to date as is windows and I've run memory tests and they've come up clean. Force verifying on game boot up hasn't helped nor has safe mode. The game was running smoothly up until S8 went live.

Now my observations might be different from other people but from what I've encountered the crashes are all on ground maps. I've got access to some of my characters and space seems safe but the crashing issues start when beaming down to a location.

I"ve discovered loading screen crashes for the Dyson Join Command ground map, New Romulus and New Romulus Command (NR command was discovered as that's the last place I'd left my Romulan character on the Tribble server), Fleet Dilithium Mine surface.

For the ground segment of the "Temporal Ambassador", "Sphere of Influence", Nukara, the game will crash after taking a few steps forward (close to the mission giver on Nukara for example). The game will also crash on Virinat after the introduction cutscenes but before the game offers you the option to skip the tutorial.
  • draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    venarra wrote: »
    Keep hope my brothers...

I am able to access and play on tribble with my crappy AMD 64 and Radeon x1650 video card. I think a fix is seriously in the works.

A word to cryptic: the reason we play free-to-play games is because we are _poor_. We don't have high-end systems (though I have been bad mouthed by students who's systems were bought by mommy and daddy).

And above all else: we love the game, otherwise we wouldn't be making so much noise about it. It's fun and enjoyable.

just jumped back in here to see if the crash issues were fixed for you guys...I have found that along with all of your tickets anyone running on a sat connection can no longer play as of season 8, we all were able to play just fine before. Dunno if they are related but don't really think its a coincidence....

If branflakes could add us sat users to his list of people to help we would appreciate it!
    edited December 2013
    I had that number. and they found a fix and have put it on tribble (it will be a week old tomorrow.) it works fine for me. then again for you it might be the different hardware etc. i hope you can get in to enjoy the winter event.

I hope you are right ...been a long time since I shot a Borg in the face or vaped a cube , my poor tribble have prolly starved ta death ~! :(
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dave18193 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to earn Persistent Officer Title in game? I'd like to keep in touch with you all if poss.

I don't think there is such a title in reality, more something that was created as a joke in this thread. You can join the chat channel Orderofpersistance to keep in touch with the rest of those who've joined it (and it works on tribble and holodeck so we can even keep in touch with those still exiled to tribble).

Here's hoping the patch this Thursday works so I can UPGRADE my drivers again (for those who don't remember, I was able to get in by DOWNGRADING/ROLLING BACK my Nvidia drivers to one from Jan2013).
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

edited December 2013
    Just checked Tribble after the Dec 3 patch, encountered another 25664664 crash. First off my system specs:

Windows: Windows 7 Professional
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor 3.20 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system
    Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 440, driver 331.82

My video drivers are up to date as is windows and I've run memory tests and they've come up clean. Force verifying on game boot up hasn't helped nor has safe mode. The game was running smoothly up until S8 went live.

Now my observations might be different from other people but from what I've encountered the crashes are all on ground maps. I've got access to some of my characters and space seems safe but the crashing issues start when beaming down to a location.

I"ve discovered loading screen crashes for the Dyson Join Command ground map, New Romulus and New Romulus Command (NR command was discovered as that's the last place I'd left my Romulan character on the Tribble server), Fleet Dilithium Mine surface.

For the ground segment of the "Temporal Ambassador", "Sphere of Influence", Nukara, the game will crash after taking a few steps forward (close to the mission giver on Nukara for example). The game will also crash on Virinat after the introduction cutscenes but before the game offers you the option to skip the tutorial.

My condolences, had the same error myself till yesterday till I rebuilt. The only thing I can suggest that you might not have tried yet is to roll back your graphics drivers to an older version.

I think thats what saved mine tbh in hindsight, as I cant see why an OS chage would effect it. Sadly my computer knowledge isnt great.

• stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Partial
    Re: 25664664 -- if the graphics fix on Tribble did not resolve the issue,...

Well, my PCD, (Post Crash Depression), has subsided a little,
    (enough to take another gander at this "MEGA-Thread"), only
    to find that it really seems to be winding down.

I really don't understand why the latest tribble patch isn't being
    applied to holodeck before Thursday,
    (other than maybe there are too few of you left to warrant
    bringing the server down for an hour or two?).
    Frankly, at this point, I'd bring it down for even one of you to get in.
    But that's just me, and my honor over greed thing.

But I do get the distinct impression it will be the last patch
    for these graphics / crash issue's. That last post by Brandon
    kinda implies that if you don't get in after Thursdays patch,
    it is probably your machine and out of the dev's hands?

I hope I'm wrong, but it would seem at this point,
    that if you don't get in the game after Thursday's patch,
    You will have reached Level 10 in the "No Play Scenario".

I wish you all the best of luck... and will never forget what has happened here.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Hahah, I found the image online, not sure what I was looking for. I liked it and now it's my avatar :D.
    I know that image. Its from some Artwork used on the HP Locecraft paperbacks novels.

Here is the full image for those interested.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/fishkeeperjim/michael_whelan__hp_lovecraft_panel_1_zps648147c5.jpg

Dont forget everyone Join our Chat Channel.

Orderofpersistance

(Spelled like that or send me a pm for an invite)
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A Miracle happened

I can play Dyson Sphere Battlezone without LAG O_O....

....but Holy **** i got my A$$ kicked
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • d3nd3n12d3nd3n12 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A Miracle happened

I can play Dyson Sphere Battlezone without LAG O_O....

....but Holy **** i got my A$$ kicked

Lol, yeah, that'll happen... only, now, we can't blame it on the lag!

d3n
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i want to work my way up to the dyson sphere but im not doing on tribble. i dont want to have to repeat the missions on holideck
    nerf.jpg]
  • terrafuriaterrafuria Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    i want to work my way up to the dyson sphere but im not doing on tribble. i dont want to have to repeat the missions on holideck

I know exactly what you mean. I have created a new char on Tribble. Cant see the point in working an existing one only to have to do it all again.
    Lest we forget 18897741
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

It gives me great pleasure to let you know that this note was included in the 12/5/13 patch notes that went live just now:
    • Resolved an issue which was causing some players to crash at the loading screen (including those with crash #18897741).

We look forward to seeing you all in-game tomorrow, and appreciate all the patience you've shown.

See you at Q's Winter Wonderland!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains,

It gives me great pleasure to let you know that this note was included in the 12/5/13 patch notes that went live just now:

Resolved an issue which was causing some players to crash at the loading screen (including those with crash #18897741).

We look forward to seeing you all in-game tomorrow, and appreciate all the patience you've shown.

See you at Q's Winter Wonderland!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I think Homie is my hero if this works ~!!
  • starfleetownsallstarfleetownsall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will there be any compensation or something cryptic will do for us people who had this problem? i think if nothing will happen a lot of people would get angry?
    Task Force Spectre, Legion of Spectre, and House of Spectre is recruiting!
    I watch the only good STO podcast STOked Radio
    Want to learn more about any of the above? Let me know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.