test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recruit Me: I Cannot Choose!

electrobattlerayelectrobattleray Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Browsing through the forums and in-game, there's a huge amount of fleets that all look fantastic and attractive. Unfortunately, that makes it all the harder to decide, so I'm hoping some entrepreneuring fleet leaders out there will choose for me!

I'm a dedicated PC gamer who first wet his lips on "multiplayer" back in the early 90's via BBS door games like TradeWars and Legend of the Red Dragon. Today I'm burned out on keeping up with the latest "hot" game titles and am looking to simply settle down, as it were.

In other words, I've entered either a "vacation" or "retirement" gaming stage, the definition of either depending entirely on the direction the games industry takes over the next decade.

The two games I've chosen to do this in: Star Trek Online and Path of Exile.

Hopefully it goes without saying that I'm very relaxed, easygoing, and utterly drained of all my early years of hardcore competitiveness. I'm also a very wordy guy. I like words. :)

I'm currently focusing on my Federation Romulan Tactical officer; however, I plan to enjoy both Federation and Klingon gameplay.

If that sounds like someone that might fit in well with your fleet, keep reading!

I'm looking for the following from your fleet:

1.) An active but relatively small population that enjoys chit-chat in-game. While I'm not ruling out large fleets, I'd rather be contributing to a struggling but enthusiastic group rather than just another face for dailies.
2.) Relaxed, civil, and family-friendly environment that accepts both solo and group play. I also enjoy Foundry missions and would love to be a guinea pig for any fleet-made projects!
3.) Voice chat not required for membership or fleet activities. I've got a terrible mic that's on the way out right now, and budget constraints put a new one on the backburner.
4.) No "job application" to fill out.

Still want me? Let me know and I'm yours!
Post edited by electrobattleray on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hit up someone from the Infinite nexus, all relaxed with some there to be current content....so I guess we are "firmcore"
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    come check us out
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that?s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast and Midwest (USA), Canada, England and we recently re-established our Australian branch. :D

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2410 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch. Our Starbase is well into Tier 4 and we have started making inroads into advancing towards a Tier 3 Embassy and Tier 3 Dilithium Mine. We also provide many commodities to all for donation to the projects.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don?t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi there,

Your best bet is to try a variety of fleets... any of the above are excellent choices. Just find a group that you fit in with. The beauty of fleets here in STO, is that there are so many to choose from, with differing structure, game play style, and activity.

Errant Adventures is a medium sized fleet, we do just about anything in game... albeit, our group doesn't get into "role play'. But everything else in game (PvE to PvP and everything in between). Really a casual fleet, older crowd (30's-40's)

Currently we have completed our Embassy, and Mine... We are at T4 on all Starbase facilities... slogging towards T5.

You can reach me in game @johnny111971...

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I thought id take the time here and talk to you in regards to Starfleet Operations Command, and if you don't mind I just copy and pasted this here..

1.) An active but relatively small population that enjoys chit-chat in-game. While I'm not ruling out large fleets, I'd rather be contributing to a struggling but enthusiastic group rather than just another face for dailies.
    2.) Relaxed, civil, and family-friendly environment that accepts both solo and group play. I also enjoy Foundry missions and would love to be a guinea pig for any fleet-made projects!
    3.) Voice chat not required for membership or fleet activities. I've got a terrible mic that's on the way out right now, and budget constraints put a new one on the backburner.
    4.) No "job application" to fill out.

So for the most part, the entire list is what we cover or have in our fleet. We aren't a huge fleet, with 100+ members, let alone 40+, I would proudly state we are a medium sized fleet. We also strive to make sure its filled with quality rather quantity. We take the time to bring all new recruits or members into the family so they feel like they've been part of the fleet since its first conception. I wouldn't say we struggle with fleet projects, but I wouldn't say they get done in a day eather. But we are in the high tiers now and have finished at least 2 of the holdings thus far.

Very relaxed nature, civil, there's the odd adult joke or poke fun at each other but its just a down to earth type family/fleet. We don't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do, if they don't want to join up when we do some of our events, they again don't have to come along. Most of the guys are experienced enouph to run things on their own, so most do that. But again we do run things as a family.

There isn't any voice chat as we haven't really needed it just yet. We have talked about it for the future and may get it when the time comes but itll never be forced on anyone to use it.

God no.. no forms no in depth speech or talk, we welcome you in, and start to get to know you.. that simple.

reach me at the following in game : @xXLocutusXx
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • vadavianthulevadavianthule Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello, would you like to join our fleet? It is called Kobayashi Crew and consists of EU/UK and American time zone players. We are all friendly and helpful too. (If not I hope you have a great day :))

We use our raidcall chat server for voice communication, and we are all mature players, the contacts listed below have played since beta and are between 32 and 50 yrs. old. (Although everyone is welcome regardless of age/location).

You would be welcome in our fleet, we have 169 members at the moment.

Join and have a look, if you don't like it you can always leave as there are no prerequisites to being a member. It is also easy to progress through our ranks and take a leading role within the fleet should you wish as you can contribute and be as involved as you like. So if you?re playing style is to only log on to do a quick mission/play solo or want to run missions with others, you will find both styles of play within our fleet.

Casual gaming to grinding missions the founding fathers of Kobayashi Crew look forward to enjoying all STO has to offer with you!
    Message/mail us in game, or in the forum. (In game handle - Dave@dangerousdave1701) or email dangeroudave1981@hotmail.co.uk.

Any questions please contact @ussmidway (American division)
    @splashash and @kicker1205 (U.K. division)

Regards,

Vice Admiral Davian Thule.
    Fleet Support Officer.

Follow us on Twitter/like us on Facebook.

Contacts:
    @dangerousdave1701 - Fleet Support Officer.
    @kicker1205 - Fleet Tactical Officer.
    @splashash - Romulan Ambassador
    @ussmidway - U.S.A. Fleet Division Officer.
    Fleet Admiral Davian Thule.
    Kobayashi Crew.
    Dave@dangerousdave1701
  • shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How's it going Check us out (Starfleet Expeditionary squadron) if you haven't already found a fleet. We just started about a month ago and are looking for laid back people. No sign up and no BS, we are not as active as we would like to be at the moment but what do ya expect from a new fleet :). so if your interested in being apart of a fleet from the ground up, hit us up on the forums or Tech@capitanshane420.... and yes I am away the captain is spelled incorrectly :P see ya out there!
    *(How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life)*