test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a Fleet (yep, another one of those...)

salynraydersalynrayder Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Ok, so the title pretty much says it all: I'm looking for a fleet. I've been a lone wolf for long enough and I'm looking to expand my knowledge of the game and experience group content. I'm not sure what particulars anyone wants to know but here goes.

-I'm 34 and live in Georgia
-I love the Grateful Dead- What? Of course that's relevant!
-My main toon is a lvl 50 Fed Eng
-Ship is Oddie Op Cruiser

I like to role play but honestly don't know if I'll have the time for serious RP. I do log on most every night, though. I like to think I'm a good teammate. I don't mind contributing to fleet projects unless that's the only reason I'm wanted. I don't have a problem with getting TS, Vent, etc. but am not set up for it at the moment. I want to enjoy my time in space, so looking for the no-hassle, casual, friendly environment where I can get help when needed and offer it when I'm in a position to do so. I do need help with my build, but would love to learn enough to talk shop and be able to help newer players in kind. I guess casual is best for me right now but I would like it to be Trek (not MMO) oriented. Beggars cant be choosers, but I hope that makes sense. So if you're recruiting, hit me up. Thanks for reading.

Salyn@SalynRedoran (I think that's right)
Post edited by salynrayder on

Comments

• nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Salyn,

If your looking for just a casual group you may find The Mak'Tar is worth taking a look at. We're a group of friends that have been running for nearly 2 years and have had many people from different walks of life join since we started.

We're based off the movie Galaxy Quest to show that we're pretty laid back, fun, but always work together and communicate. Our main game nights are mainly the weekends (Friday & Saturday), but you'll generally find anyone on our Mumble voice server any day of the week. We play a variety of other games together through Steam and the main goal for our group is to create an environment where people can make some friends, hang out and have fun regardless of what game we are playing.

Our voice server isn't mandatory, but admittedly we're a little laid back when it comes to typing, hence why we enjoy using Mumble more, plus it seems to elevate that level of fun when gaming together.

Website registration is required. So feel free to check us out: www.themaktar.enjin.com

Happy gaming!

Fleet Admiral Nierion
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • dentariidentarii Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Salyn,

The United Federation of Planets may be for you. We are a Star Trek community with a strong gaming aspect. I don't want to present you with a huge wall of text so I'll list our key points and provide you with links :)

- Large and friendly Star Trek community.
    - International community: Always members on.
    - Professional website and active forums.
    - Events which cater to PVE, PVP & RP (Full list of this weeks events: http://ufplanets.com/events.php).
    - Tier 5 Starbase and all that good stuff!.
    - We now allow multiclanning!

If you're interested then head over to www.ufplanets.com for more information!

Hope that helps! :)

Dentari
    Dentari.png
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We are more of a social fleet first? We are one of the only mature (+30 years young) active fleet out there. We have very little rules and we cater to members where family and work comes first. We have a good mix of new and experienced players and we all have two things in common?. We all like everything Star Trek and we all love to relax and have fun. (oh and the 30+ thing so I guess three things in common)

Check out our STO Recruiting Thread and if you like what you see (read) check out the TOS Veterans Website.

Mark (Aka James Bailey)
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good evening. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. We are a small but great fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but that?s part of what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game and in some cases RL. We have a fleet TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice chat not just in-game but also to hang out as well and get to know each other better (not required, just available). Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA), Canada and the EU.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, we also realize that everyone has lives as well, so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about losing your position within the fleet due to RL too. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand that sometimes real life issues and problems can take time to resolve, and that some time is needed to sort things out.

So please, think about joining and moving with us into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

The Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet

Live Long and Prosper!

If you would like additional information on the [VKF] please don?t hesitate to contact me or any of our members.
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We are Liberty Task force (Fed) and Liberty Honor Guard (KDF) at www.libertytaskforce.com and we welcome you to check us out. We are an 18+ age fleet and we are a full Tier IV Fed fleet with TeamSpeak. We do PvE, PvP, and starting some light RP.

We are a social group and help our members out. Rank in the fleet is mainly based on total contributions to the fleet, fleet store are open at 100,000 total contributions. We do ask our members to register with the website and to log into the game at least once every 60 days in order to stay active.

Take a look at our site and if you like what you see feel free to join. If you need anymore info feel free to e-mail at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com and friend me in-game at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames thank you and take care.

Best Regards,
    -Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi,Fleet Admiral Andrew of the Temporal Directive,we don't have a fancy website to sign up at,we are 5 days from finishing the Science Tier V(our last upgrade),if you want.....you cant get a hold of me personally @InputEnd.

Live Long and Prosper.
  • salynraydersalynrayder Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well thanks all of you who responded. It is greatly appreciated. I'm going to look everyone over but everyone seems a winner. Thanks again.
  • shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you still haven't found a fleet check out (Starfleet Expeditionary Squadron) we started a bout a month ago and are almost to T2 with less than 10 people.... not that it matters :P we are currently not as active as we would want to be but what do you expect with a new fleet :). We are super casual and chill, contributing is NOT required, and if you would like to be apart of a fleet in the making then we might just be for you. Oh and we don't have a fancy shmancy website so you can hit us up on the forums or Tech@capitanshane420..... and I am fully aware that Captain is not spelled correctly. cheers!
    *(How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life)*
  • suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Come check us out see link at bottom