test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nausicaan pirate trait

rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
edited December 2013 in PvP Gameplay
So I noticed that the Nausicaan pirate trait was changed to a space trait.

It has +150 stealth and +1.5% all damage

So I got one and added to my 3 infiltrators.

However, I didnt see an increase in stealth. And also no buff icon, just like the infiltrators.

Is it working at all?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
@rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
@rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
Post edited by rudiefix1 on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    None of the +Stealth stack.

Subterfuge does not stack with Infiltrator.
    Subterfuge does not stack with Pirate.
    Subterfuge does not stack with Subterfuge.
    Infiltrator does not stack with Subterfuge.
    Infiltrator does not stack with Pirate.
    Infiltrator does not stack wtih Infiltrator.
    Pirate does not stack with Subterfuge.
    Pirate does not stack with Infiltrator.
    Pirate does not stack with Pirate.

That's just the +Stealth (other bonuses do stack).

At least the 150's do not stack (doesn't matter if Captain or BOFF)...some folks say the +200 Infiltrator does stack with a single +150 Subterfuge or Pirate. If you've got 3x Infiltrators, going to assume they're Sup Infil at 200...so with you're seeing it not stacking with the +150 Pirate, then it would go back to the none of them stack with each other.

Which I still find odd in the case of the Sub/Sup Infil - though perhaps that is a special exception Cryptic made? I've never gotten one and I'm not going to waste the EC on one to see if it does or not.
  • rudiefix1rudiefix1 Member Posts: 420
    edited December 2013
    yes, its strange.

Because the description of subterfuge states that it doesnt stack with other subterfuges.

That is not the case for infiltrator and pirate. And I clearly see 3 buff icons for the 3 different infiltrators.

So, guess things are not really "working as intended".....

It would be nice though if you could add the 3 different stealth traits
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@rudiefix Feds: Rudiefix / Thron / Opa
    @rudiefix KDFs: Lill / Xifeidur / Dehr / Ugly
    @rudiefix Roms (KDF alligned): Chicita
    edited December 2013
    rudiefix1 wrote: »
    yes, its strange.

Because the description of subterfuge states that it doesnt stack with other subterfuges.

That is not the case for infiltrator and pirate. And I clearly see 3 buff icons for the 3 different infiltrators.

So, guess things are not really "working as intended".....

It would be nice though if you could add the 3 different stealth traits

Subterfuge stacking was done away with back in March. It was broken at some point after LoR launched. It was only recently fixed within the past month or so. Infiltrator not stacking was a decision they made after fixing Subterfuge again. Pirate not stacking was a decision they may when they fixed it recently (it's been a broken Space trait labeled as Ground for a wee while)...

Let me see if I can't hunt down those patch notes...

March 13th, 2013: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=583151

"- The Stealth Bonus and Ambush Bonus from having multiple Bridge Officers with Subterfuge does not stack, but the Defense bonus will."

October 3rd, 2013: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=870051

"Subterfuge
    The Stealth bonus granted no longer stacks.
    Only the highest bonus will apply."

October 24th, 2013: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=890841

"Infiltrator: Resolved an issue where the Stealth from Infiltrator was unintentionally stacking."

November 12th, 2013: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=910761

"Trait - Pirate
    Resolved an issue where Bridge Officers with this power were not passing the power to their Captain.
    The damage bonus of the Pirate trait stacks across multiple stationed Bridge Officers and a Captain, but the stealth bonus is limited to one copy and does not stack with any other trait-based Stealth bonus."
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    None of the +Stealth stack.

Subterfuge does not stack with Infiltrator.
    Subterfuge does not stack with Pirate.
    Subterfuge does not stack with Subterfuge.
    Infiltrator does not stack with Subterfuge.
    Infiltrator does not stack with Pirate.
    Infiltrator does not stack wtih Infiltrator.
    Pirate does not stack with Subterfuge.
    Pirate does not stack with Infiltrator.

thats BS. you should be able to stack 1 Infiltrator, 1 Pirate, and 1 Subterfuge :rolleyes:
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    BOFF stealth skill only stacks with the captain's skill one time
    edited December 2013
    BOFF stealth skill only stacks with the captain's skill one time

Doesn't even do that.

Willard's Captain Infiltrator doesn't stack with any of his BOFF's Subterfuge.

I've got a toon on Tribble from back during the LoR testing, a Romulan - and her Sub doesn't stack with the Sub from any of the BOFFs.

Each only has a single +150 Starship Stealth.
    edited December 2013
    I havent checked traits stacking. Come to think of it, I dont even have any captains with stealth traits, all of them have stealth skill points and the BOFF traits seem to stack with that fine (although now that I have written it I have to go check--thanks VD).
    edited December 2013
    I really do need to find a cheap Reman with Sub/Sup Infil...cause that would have to stack, no? I mean, on the same BOFF - the two traits - they'd have to stack, right? But I've got a funny feeling they don't.

I agree with what Drunk said, and yeah - when they changed Infiltrator so it didn't stack with Sub...I was kind of ticked off.

Heck, then again - I'm of the opinion that whatever the Captain has should stack regardless of what the BOFFs have as well.

Say you had the following...

Reman Captain w/ Infiltrator or Romulan Captain w/ Subterfuge
    +
    Reman BOFF w/ Subterfuge & Superior Infiltrator
    +
    Nausicaan BOFF w/ Pirate

Heh, course that would be +150+150+200+150...so uh...+650...or +325 Stealth Value; but given how easy it is to detect - if somebody wanted to do that...yeah.

It's not the same as somebody running a Reman/Romulan Captain with 5x Remans which was +1900 Starship Stealth or +950 Stealth Value. (Yeah, that's what they did at some point after LoR...and...yeah, there was reason to complain about that.)

Cause if you're going with the Reman BOFFs - you're giving up the Superior Operative's +CrtD/CrtH. Even though the Naus Pirate gives you +1.5% All Damage, it's still not the +2% CrtH/+5% CrtD.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cause if you're going with the Reman BOFFs - you're giving up the Superior Operative's +CrtD/CrtH. Even though the Naus Pirate gives you +1.5% All Damage, it's still not the +2% CrtH/+5% CrtD.

i REALLY hope they dont think pirate makes up for the rom faction boffs. even the crit vs damage doesn't even out. and rom faction boffs also give defense score, ambush duration, and cloak cooldown on top of that
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    I have a reman with sub/basic infiltrator I think that you can have VD if it's any use.

I'd be much more in favour of either all space traits stacking and balancing the numbers with that in mind or non of them stack but maybe have a bonus equivalent to what you would get from 2.5 stacks currently.

Still think different traits should stack though so it's a bit BS especially with how much stealth sight can be boosted.

Ah well, I'll see if I can hunt you down in game VD.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited December 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    I have a reman with sub/basic infiltrator I think that you can have VD if it's any use.

I'd be much more in favour of either all space traits stacking and balancing the numbers with that in mind or non of them stack but maybe have a bonus equivalent to what you would get from 2.5 stacks currently.

Still think different traits should stack though so it's a bit BS especially with how much stealth sight can be boosted.

Ah well, I'll see if I can hunt you down in game VD.

I didn't even think about picking up one of the lesser, lol...the pricing there is still a trip.

The cheapest listed...

Sub/Basic Infil: 1.3m
    Sub/Infil: 1.0m
    Sub/Sup Infil: 6.4m

If they stacked themselves, it should be +250, +300, +350...

Like if I look at Willard...

Willard, Infiltrator +150
    Tovan, n/a
    Doheth, Subterfuge +150
    Pereng, Subterfuge +150
    Malsci, Subterfuge +150
    Rama, Subterfuge +150
    KHG Mk XII Deflector +8.8

Starship Stealth: +159

Let me check my Tribble guys...nope, a billion Rom BOFFs...no Rems.

I do a reroll guy from time to time - trying to get the BOFFs for Willard; maybe I'll do that and check out a Reman.
    edited December 2013
    So yeah just tried to message you, turns out I'm on your ignore list. Offer still stands though if you want a basic infiltrator reman for free. I got no use for it so you might as well use him/her.

edited December 2013
    So yeah just tried to message you, turns out I'm on your ignore list. Offer still stands though if you want a basic infiltrator reman for free. I got no use for it so you might as well use him/her.

Nobody's on my ignore list. Well, okay - there's one guy - but he's freaking annoying. My privacy settings are hidden/anon/only fleet&friends/etc, etc, etc.

You should sell it. Get some money toward a key. Open a box. Make oodles of EC!

Odds are I'll eventually pick one up doing the reroll thing trying to get BOFFs for Willard.

Would be nifty for dev clarification...but I hate pestering them.
    edited December 2013
    Okay, okay, okay...meh. :P

So yeah, I got the BOFF - but I mailed it back. But not until after copying Willard to Tribble with it.

So, let's take a look again.

Base = 0
    Willard the Rat 1 (Holo Willard, Reman w/ Infiltrator) +150 = 150
    KHG Deflector Mk II +8.8 = 159 (it rounds, so I rounded)
    Reman Sub/Basic Infil +250 = 159

Added nothing.

Base = 0
    Willard the Rat (Tribble Willard, Alien) +0 = 0
    Reman Sub/Basic Infil +250 = +150

It only added the highest.

So on a Reman with Sub/Infil (Basic, Infil, Sup); it would appear it only adds the highest - which ties into the hodgepodge of patch notes I linked before.

Theoretically then, somebody with a Superior Infiltrator should get +200 Starship Stealth while the +150s & +100s (as well as other +200s) would be ignored.
    edited December 2013
    I can confirm the last point, I have 200 with sup infiltrator reman and only 150 without. No stacking with any stealth happens which is really annoying but meh.

I get 5,124.6 stealth from the scimitar battle cloak if it helps. To me it seems quite low, means a lot of ships will be able to see you with a half baked attempt at snooping.

edited December 2013
    I can confirm the last point, I have 200 with sup infiltrator reman and only 150 without. No stacking with any stealth happens which is really annoying but meh.

I get 5,124.6 stealth from the scimitar battle cloak if it helps. To me it seems quite low, means a lot of ships will be able to see you with a half baked attempt at snooping.

Yeah, Willard runs with 5184.4 (4925 base, +55 Rom Cloak, +125 Aux, +75 (+150 Starship Stealth from some source), +4.4 (+8.8 Starship Stealth from the KHG Deflector))...

...before the change to Infiltrator no longer stacking, he had another +75 for 5259.4 or so.

Base Perception is 5000. Can't see him.

Take a Sci Vessel and give them the same 125 Aux Willard has and you're at 5075 Perception.

Pop EPtA1...and you can see him at 0.812 km. It's not much, but that's with 0 Starship Sensors.

Let's add in +158.8 Starship Sensors to match the +158.8 Starship Stealth Willard has, eh? 5194.1 Perception (not counting the EPtA1 perception boost of 3km yet)...

...Willard could be seen at 3.194 km now.

That's without using a Sensor Scan. No TDF nor TDG. No Jem Mk XI or Mk XII Deflector.

Some will say that Willard got his 158.8 from a BOFF and a Deflector, didn't have to spend any skill points.

There's an interesting thread on the return from Starship Stealth vs. Starship Sensors: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=916621

I no longer have my Snooper...so I can't break out all the numbers he had.

There's an interesting thread on Perception/Stealth Detection here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=823621 It's where Von Amicus did the groundwork for his updated skill effects page: http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skill%20Point%20Effects.htm
    edited December 2013
    Heh, and I have to add this. I mean, I didn't have to add it - but c'mon, I have to add this.

Fed players have access to two consoles that KDF players do not have access to...those two consoles are the Tachyon Detection Grid and Tachyon Detection Field.

Now, the Tachyon Detection Grid can only be used on the Nebula, Nebula Retrofit, and Fleet Nebula. The Tachyon Detection Field that comes with the Nebula on the other hand, can be used on any Fed-aligned player's ship.

Why did I say Fed-aligned player? Cause Fed-aligned Romulans can use it.

So, small pause here...the gist of the above is that Fed players can Snoop better than KDF players can. Which going back to the way it was, well - kind of made sense. The KDF could Sneak better than Feds could, so Feds could Snoop better. Both sides have access to the improved Sneak from Romulans. However, only the Feds retain the improved Snoop angle.

...okay, pause over. So yes, Fed-aligned Romulans can use the TDF console on a Warbird.

No fanfare? No chestbumping? No grumbling?

The TDF console can be used while cloaked on a T'varo.

So not only did the Feds get equal access to the Superior Sneak of the Romulans, but they also maintained their sole possession of the Superior Snoop...

...creating the ability to fly the Superior Cloaked Hunter-Killer.

Just saying...
  • starbaseabcstarbaseabc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can't even stack stealth using EPTA3...wtf is with that. I mean its a boff power.
    edited December 2013
    You can't even stack stealth using EPTA3...wtf is with that. I mean its a boff power.

Geist (Alien) in a Kamarag
    Starship Stealth: 0
    Stealth Value (@125 Aux): 5050

Single BOFF, Gorn Eng w/ EPtA1 (+60 Stealth for 30s)
    Starship Stealth: 0
    Stealth Value (@125 Aux): 5050

Naus BOFF, Pirate (+150 Starship Stealth)
    Starship Stealth: 150
    Stealth Value (@125 Aux): 5125

Naus BOFF, Pirate (+150 Starship Stealth) && the Gorn's EPtA1 (+60 Stealth for 30s)
    Starship Stealth: 150
    Stealth Value (@125 Aux): 5125

It's not so much a case that the +Stealth (still not sure if it is meant to Starship Stealth or Stealth Value) does not stack...it simply doesn't work.

Pretty sure it was bug reported back during the changes to EPtX abilities with LoR - but as far as I know, it's never been fixed.
    edited December 2013
    Seems like Cryptic want to make sure cloakers can't be invisible up to 1km and things like that anymore and to make it easier for people to spot them. Kinda makes sense with all the cloaks going around.

This isn't something anyone in PvE cares about, just saying. Wonder how many stealth is being nerfed because of PvPers/PvEers rumours are going around...

edited December 2013
    Seems like Cryptic want to make sure cloakers can't be invisible up to 1km and things like that anymore and to make it easier for people to spot them. Kinda makes sense with all the cloaks going around.

This isn't something anyone in PvE cares about, just saying. Wonder how many stealth is being nerfed because of PvPers/PvEers rumours are going around...

I'm not too sure about that anymore...as far as the Stealth thing and PvE. I've noticed since the S8 launch...that NPCs that used to just see me but not fire - well, they're firing now within a certain range.

NPC Perception has worked differently - they can basically always see you (outside of a placate), but they wouldn't attack you. They might follow you, but they wouldn't attack. You could sit at zero on a Borg Cube that had you targeted and nothing would happen.

Quick Aside: This is something that's been complained about here and there in PvP, because players with pets that can see cloaked targets can help the players triangulate the location of the cloaked player.

But now...within a certain range, damn if the wee uglies aren't actually attacking.

It's very noticeable vs. the Voth...almost as if a key element of their design was dealing with those pesky cloakers blipping about in say a Fleet T'varo. :o
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I've noticed that with NPCs too, leads to some fun leading them on but then cloaking and NPCs carries it's own risks in powerful torps.

Seems like the Voth were also designed specifically to counter specific high DPS players too.

Still I wonder how many romulan captains have been caught out by the full singularity charge while cloaked thing. Had a fleetmate complain about being seen while cloaked, dunno if he saw my explanation in chat, he was in TS so usually doesn't look at chat unless dead or told to.

edited December 2013
    Hrmm, something else to consider is MES, eh? It was kind of laughed at previously...but with the boosts to Perception/Stealth Detection/etc...hrmm.

It's what?

MES1 - 4555
    MES2 - 4655
    MES3 - 4755

MES3 w/ 125 Aux and a +150...5030 Stealth Value? MES1 would be 4830, meaning that a non-Sci Vessel with 50 Aux could see MES1 at 3.6 km without any Starship Sensors. The Sci Vessel at 50 Aux with no Starship Sensors/etc could see the MES1 at 4.0 km.

No doubt MES shouldn't be as powerful as a cloak, considering what some ships give up for their cloaks...but hrmm, yeah - boost that to 125-135 Aux, add in some EPtA, a Jem Deflector, Sensor Scan, and lol...could they see you playing an entirely different game? :P

There had been a discussion recently here and there about MES...and I'd been looking at it for a quirky build. Oh well...
    edited December 2013
    MEF doesnt really do anything anymore except lull the captain into false sense of actually being hidden
    edited December 2013
    Yes I had been thinking about MES too.

*Takes a quick trip to embassy*

So Roms can get +200 from sup infiltrator
    KDF can get +150 from nausicans
    Feds can get +200 from superior subterfuge on an (rather expensive) embassy boff.

So if I grabbed a Romulan officer I could fit it on something like say a vesta flying at 135 aux and aux DHCs for some weird cloaking science ship with MES1. Seems like a decent trade off.

Though you have to wonder what 3-6 in sensors would do to it for an escort. I know science ships would just see straight through MES at any rank with sensors and high aux but still....

I did once see a nebula using MES, kept running away and cloaking, was ok.