test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

8x10 Glossy Pics of Q

samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
So the winter event is coming up again and once again this rare currency is used to get the old and new breen ships. Last year you could buy glossy pics for LOBI crystals. Specifically you could get 2-6 pics for 5 LOBI, if you continued this conversion it would take 1250 LOBI! that is nearly twice what a LOBI ship costs. Therefore i humbly request that the pack rewards be doubled and give 8-12 pictures instead. This will be helpful to those of us who are gone through most of december and will be lucky to get one ship.
Post edited by samt1996 on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sorry, no. If you want the ship, you gotta make the time for it. The extra lobi ones are just there so you can supplement days that you missed.

I was not able to access the game last year for a big chunk of the winter event, and couldn't get the Chel Grett. My main character became inaccessible this past summer due to a glitch, I was unable to get the Risian corvette. But I'm not asking for special compensation, because I don't deserve special compensation for it.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    zenbrilligzenbrillig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    samt1996 wrote: »
    So the winter event is coming up again and once again this rare currency is used to get the old and new breen ships. Last year you could buy glossy pics for LOBI crystals. Specifically you could get 2-6 pics for 5 LOBI, if you continued this conversion it would take 1250 LOBI! that is nearly twice what a LOBI ship costs. Therefore i humbly request that the pack rewards be doubled and give 8-12 pictures instead. This will be helpful to those of us who are gone through most of december and will be lucky to get one ship.

Dear. God.

1. A Lobi ship costs 800 Lobi. 1250 Lobi isn't "nearly twice" 800. It's only 56.25% more.

2. If the old rate was 2-6 pics, doubling it as you request would give 4-12. Not 8-12 as you mistakenly calculate.

3. If you've been doing the Featured Episode, you should have more than 500 free Lobi by this Thursday. In other words, more than enough to close the gap between a Lobi ship and the Winter ship.

tl;dr?

Learn math. Less begging.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    But the packs are so expensive at current conversion rates that they aren't worth getting unless you only need one more days worth of photos and have 10 bucks to blow! I mean seriously it costs $10 to make up for each extra day you need! that's a little overkill IMHO. People would just go "Well F*** thats a cool ship but im three days off and its not worth 40 bucks" Thats what i would think... if they increased the rewards some as i suggested than they might entice people into trying to go for both ships... which of course means they'll have to buy 300 glossy photos at best. Price and reward must be carefully balanced and right now they just aren't.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll have both ships by the time the event ends without owning one to start with, personally I want to spend lobi, it isn't a burden.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    zenbrillig wrote: »
    Dear. God.

1. A Lobi ship costs 800 Lobi. 1250 Lobi isn't "nearly twice" 800. It's only 56.25% more.

2. If the old rate was 2-6 pics, doubling it as you request would give 4-12. Not 8-12 as you mistakenly calculate.

3. If you've been doing the Featured Episode, you should have more than 500 free Lobi by this Thursday. In other words, more than enough to close the gap between a Lobi ship and the Winter ship.

tl;dr?

Learn math. Less begging.

Nearly twice is accurate enough to draw readers attention and although my wording was off slightly my argument is still valid.

8-12 keeps with their current formula of having a four pic gap that is determined by chance.

What makes you think im going to waste that much LOBI on a "FREE" ship? I don't plan on buying the ship outright i just thought it would be nice to have a better way to supplement Glossy Photos for those of us who spend a lot of time out of town over the holidays... If i really wanted to whine and beg i would've asked for the event to be extended, notice how i didn't. I'm just asking for a better way to earn those last few photos towards my ship.

P.S. Considering how much the glossy pics cost in terms of LOBI would you even consider buying any? Case and Point.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    But the packs are so expensive at current conversion rates that they aren't worth getting unless you only need one more days worth of photos and have 10 bucks to blow! I mean seriously it costs $10 to make up for each extra day you need! that's a little overkill IMHO. People would just go "Well F*** thats a cool ship but im three days off and its not worth 40 bucks" Thats what i would think... if they increased the rewards some as i suggested than they might entice people into trying to go for both ships... which of course means they'll have to buy 300 glossy photos at best. Price and reward must be carefully balanced and right now they just aren't.

I am going to take a few minutes to laugh hysterically at the part in red....

Ok now that i got that out. Seriously BALANCE in STO? Are you kidding me. And the Cost of just hitting the Lobi? you realize people pay $200 in real cash money opening lockboxes in the hopes of getting a fancy ship, only to end up with 800 Lobi and some random garbage instead. And dont start in on the EC for keys cause SOMEONE had to pay for them.

You gave Dil for Zen, SOMEONE bought that Zen for Dil.

Get over yourselves put your nose to the GRINDstone, you can't get the ship oh well. it takes what generally 15 out of 30 days to get a ship? sorry you can't take time out of your busy schedule then oh well. Its a prize for a competition that has to be either EARNED or BOUGHT.

Deal with it kids.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Lobi are NOT supposed to be the primary source of pics. The race is. If you wish to supplement the race with lobi, that is your choice. Also, as the guy above said, you should've been able to get hundreds of free lobi in the past month.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm 99% sure that I'll be logged on enough days to get the new ship for any toons I think will suit it.

HOWEVER

It's the holiday season. Some people go on holidays with their families or to visit their families. (What a whacky thing to do!!) As such, I feel that Cryptic should be more family friendly/considerate and ensure that a fair balance is struck between the amount of days the event runs for and the number of days needed to participate in order to earn the ship.

Experience has told me that there will be people who will attack what I've just said. Before you attack, ask yourself;

a) are you attacking because you want less people to have the ship, making you a part of a more exclusive ownership population,

b) are you attacking because you have no plans for the festive season and begrudge those that do, or

c) are you a troll?
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll have both ships by the time the event ends without owning one to start with, personally I want to spend lobi, it isn't a burden.

There's almost always an extra WEEK beyond what's needed to get the grand prize.

Complaining that there's no time means you have TRIBBLE time management skills.

Sure there are exceptions to this but they're few and far between.

As it stands I could get the ship on each of my characters (8 in total) in the time allotted.

I have a full time job, a girlfriend and a household to keep up. I can still find the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm 99% sure that I'll be logged on enough days to get the new ship for any toons I think will suit it.

HOWEVER

It's the holiday season. Some people go on holidays with their families or to visit their families. (What a whacky thing to do!!) As such, I feel that Cryptic should be more family friendly/considerate and ensure that a fair balance is struck between the amount of days the event runs for and the number of days needed to participate in order to earn the ship.

Experience has told me that there will be people who will attack what I've just said. Before you attack, ask yourself;

a) are you attacking because you want less people to have the ship, making you a part of a more exclusive ownership population,

b) are you attacking because you have no plans for the festive season and begrudge those that do, or

c) are you a troll?

Or d) making a valid point that you have more than enough time to get the ship - takes all of 5 minutes, plus extra time if you're away from home - , and plenty of free lobi from this past month's event to supplement your races?

Cryptic is extremely family friendly and considerate with this. Call it attacking your post, but then I guess you just have a very bad definition of attacking.

Oh, and I suspect that Cryptic will very likely extend the event even further, like they usually do.
  • Options
    zenbrilligzenbrillig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nearly twice is accurate enough to draw readers attention and although my wording was off slightly my argument is still valid.

"Accurate enough?" Hardly. You were exaggerating, and thus your argument is the opposite of valid.
    8-12 keeps with their current formula of having a four pic gap that is determined by chance.

You asked for double of 2-6. If you can't figure out what that is, ask someone else to read my first post to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Or d) making a valid point that you have more than enough time to get the ship - takes all of 5 minutes, plus extra time if you're away from home - , and plenty of free lobi from this past month's event to supplement your races?

Cryptic is extremely family friendly and considerate with this. Call it attacking your post, but then I guess you just have a very bad definition of attacking.

Oh, and I suspect that Cryptic will very likely extend the event even further, like they usually do.

You didn't attack. You rationally put your point forward. Thank you. In the past when I've made suggestions like this I've been attacked.

Yes, it doesn't take much time each day, but some people go away fro their holidays, meaning that they can't log on at all, let alone 5 minutes per day. They're the people I'm referring to.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    zenbrillig wrote: »
    "Accurate enough?" Hardly. You were exaggerating, and thus your argument is the opposite of valid.

You asked for double of 2-6. If you can't figure out what that is, ask someone else to read my first post to you.

In Red Like Horshoes and Hand Grenades my Friend:D Some things only need to be "Accurate Enough"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You didn't attack. You rationally put your point forward. Thank you. In the past when I've made suggestions like this I've been attacked.

Yes, it doesn't take much time each day, but some people go away fro their holidays, meaning that they can't log on at all, let alone 5 minutes per day. They're the people I'm referring to.

If those people are gone for 2 weeks, well then i do honsetly feel sorry for them. But clearly Family is more important than a silly ship in a game. Which is well and good and understandable.

But if you have the option do what a Fleetmate of mine did. Ask a Fleet mate or friend (whom you trust implicitly) to log on for you in your abscence. But i stress the Trust part, because if you do that and something goes wrong well, you know that isnt going to end well. (on our part we secretly replaced all his gear with common gear of as close a mark as possible[putting his normal gear in his bank of course])
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still got pics and other items from last years event. Time to dust them off.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hello again everyone i am the ORIGINAL POSTER i go on a THREE week trip every year to visit family in Arkansas, Tennessee and of course my homeland Texas! This trip normally takes place in December which means i always miss out on the Winter Wonderland... But this year Cryptic was kind enough to extend the event longer than usual so i should be able to get ONE of the ships. However, i might still be 2-3 days short which i was why a wrote this thread. A simple honest request for a little bit easier way to earn those last few pics. I'll happily dish out $20 but seeing as i'm dual enrollment student going into college, funds are limited so i can't spend any more than that. I am very excited to be able to participate in the event this year and i thoroughly look forward to it, i wouldn't have even bothered with the ship if i hadn't done the math and found out that i will be VERY close to getting one if i don't miss any days.

43 days - 21 = 22 days = 3 days short :(

And no i can't log in at my families houses, my sisters don't have fast enough wi-fi or any at all and my grandparents wi-fi is protected by a virtual fort knox security system that my computer wiz Aunt set up after they were TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I suggest you go to a local coffee shop (I stress the local, because they are understanding) plug in some headphones, and play it there while you enjoy a cheep drink from the place.

I am assuming you have a laptop in this, but just my suggestion, like someone said, takes five minutes (I am taking their word on that though, my first Winter)

I saved up my lobi, and I plan to log in every day to get both ships :) I have about 400 lobi left over from my Mobius Destroyer
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also, remember that it's a 20 hr timer, not a 24 hr timer. so if you REALLY want it NOW, you can do 6 races in 5 days.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There is this thing called the Featured Episodes Rerun that is currently going on that gives 15 Lobi per day. Perhaps you have heard of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    alan171717 wrote: »
    I suggest you go to a local coffee shop (I stress the local, because they are understanding) plug in some headphones, and play it there while you enjoy a cheep drink from the place.

I am assuming you have a laptop in this, but just my suggestion, like someone said, takes five minutes (I am taking their word on that though, my first Winter)

I saved up my lobi, and I plan to log in every day to get both ships :) I have about 400 lobi left over from my Mobius Destroyer

"Hi how are you! I know I just drove halfway across the country to see you but I have to go to the coffee shop every day to do this thing that is more important on my 11 inch school laptop which I swore on pain of death to never use for any form of entertainment."

Thanks anyways man but I'm afraid my situation is just too unique.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    "Hi how are you! I know I just drove halfway across the country to see you but I have to go to the coffee shop every day to do this thing that is more important on my 11 inch school laptop which I swore on pain of death to never use for any form of entertainment."

Thanks anyways man but I'm afraid my situation is just too unique.

And there you said it. The devs are not going to make special compensation or any form or extra lobi or whatever for you. I'm sorry. They're not. And they shouldn't. We all hate missing out on stuff but that's life.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    There is this thing called the Featured Episodes Rerun that is currently going on that gives 15 Lobi per day. Perhaps you have heard of it.

As I have already mentioned im not going to get any glossy photos with LOBI until the exchange rate is improved... besides I used that LOBI to complete my ELACHI item set. And yes this before I even heard about or considered the winter event and the possible use for that LOBI. But like I said considering the bad exchange rate that was LOBI better spent elsewhere... nevertheless I still have some to use up if this issue is addressed and I have every faith that it will be. The DEVs are very considerate especially since they don't have to be. Their acts of kindness such as free give-a-ways cost them dearly im sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    And there you said it. The devs are not going to make special compensation or any form or extra lobi or whatever for you. I'm sorry. They're not. And they shouldn't. We all hate missing out on stuff but that's life.

I'm afraid your right, I wish I could participate but life always gets in the way.. DAMN YOU LIFE!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm travelling to Australia for three weeks. Whilst there I'll be travelling to various locations to see family and friends. For those of you who are not familiar with Australia, it's only a tiny bit smaller than the US with more remote locations. Taking a laptop is not an option.

I'll be able to get the new ship, but I won't be able to miss any days.

I know I'm not going to be the only one who is in a situation like this. The thing is, this kind of situation is more common during holiday seasons. That's why I think any special event that is held over major holiday periods really need to either be for longer periods OR have them earlier. Same number of days but starting earlier.

To all of the people who are going to get their ship because they're not going away for the holidays or because they can take laptops or whatever, rather than take the "If I can do it, so can you" mentality, why don't you realise that everyone's situation is different, apply some Christmas spirit and show some understanding. I assure you that showing Christmas spirit won't kill you. It may even put a smile on your face.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have just under 1000 Lobi and I do not plan on spending any on Glossies of Q.

Unless the race itself will be drastically different than the previous years it will only take about 75 seconds to run it and that is without the snow boots.

I have Ten Characters all at level 50 and what I will do is leave the Characters that I do not play much in the winter zone for ease of access to the race.

It will take me less than 15 minutes to run the winter race with 10 characters and I will only need to do it once a day for 15 days.

I do not see why anyone would ever feel the need to spend lobi on the 8 x10 of Q .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Here's the deal, kids. It's Cryptic's game. They set the parameters you need to meet to get the prizes. Last year I tried to get the ship for all 9 of my toons. Which basically meant running that stupid ice race so many times I actually started dreaming about it. In the end, it burned me out so bad, not only did I NOT get the ship on ANY of my toons, I couldn't even log into the game until February, because I was so sick of it all. The irony is, it's a ship that everyone will use for a month or so, and then dry dock, and probably never use again. Which permanently takes up a ship slot, because it doesn't come back if you dismiss it. It's basically what's happening with the stupid obelisk ships now. How many Breen ships from last year are still flying around? I think I might have counted one over the summer. Cryptic wants people to populate the game, so when PWE says "How's the Christmas event going?", they can say "Excellent, look at the servers, they're smokin'!". Ultimately, you have to make the choice. Do you want to spend Christmas with your friends, and family? Or do you want to spend it in Cryptic's grist mill, trying to get a cosmetic item, that's not even real?

So far none of my max level Characters have yet to miss out of any of the free vessels given out for special events and so far I have only unboxed the corvette on one of my KDF Captains.

I am not really feeling the Breen Raider but if it does turn out to be the freebie this year I will more than likely end up getting it for all my characters just because it will be a small task to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    or rather... didnt know about the event giving a "omg you cant even buy a ship this badass" until like today:(

I just came back, resubbed. I dont even have much clue on how to fly my ship... let alone save for **** for a month when the event closes tomorrow:(