test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So are we ever gonna have a Dominion/True-Way playable faction?

kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
Because I don't know how much longer I can wait to fly a Jem'Hadar Battleship.

Re-release the Dominion Lock Box or something!
Post edited by kiloace on

Comments

• Options
    oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kiloace wrote: »
    Because I don't know how much longer I can wait to fly a Jem'Hadar Battleship.

Re-release the Dominion Lock Box or something!
    it might just be my memory play tricks on me but i'm pretty sure i've been seeing redesigns of some of the Dominion NPCs and do-dahs on maps featuring the True-Way while playing through some episode reruns recently.

if i'm right it may be a sign they are working on new Dominion/True-Way content.

after all after seeing Dominion worlds in Sphere of Influence shouldn't we perhaps at least go tell them the Iconians are eyeing up their territory as well as our own ?
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm pretty sure we'll never get a Dominion / True Way Faction.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What makes you say that? It popular enough and a sure money maker.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013

A playable RSE was also popular enough.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They've said, pretty much, no playable bad guys ever and that any factions will be ones that can team with the existing ones as much as possible.

The True Way seems very unlikely. The Dominion is remotely possible but mechanically tricky and would not be enemies of the Federation/Klingons. The Cardassians as a friendly ally is more likely.
  • Options
    reathyrreathyr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm not gonna place any bets on a "bad guy" faction in STO, I doubt it will happen soon, if ever.

Even the current "bad guys", the Klingons, they seems to be ending their bad streak soon, in a recent podcast one of the devs said that at the end of the recent featured episode, Sphere of Influence, there's that moment between Worf and Shon, where Shon says that he really wished they could have had that talk, and Worf replies in kind, that's apparently an indicator of things to come, so this Federation-Klingon War might be ending soon.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Because:
    misterde3 wrote: »
    A playable RSE was also popular enough.
    They've said, pretty much, no playable bad guys ever and that any factions will be ones that can team with the existing ones as much as possible.
    Both the Tal Shiar and True Way are depicted as evil. Cryptic wont release an evil faction, regardless of our desire.

It is possible we'll one day get a Dominion Faction, though they'd have to seriously work up a suitable story which ... well, judging by some of their more recent story telling, I'm not holding my breath on. What we don't want is a Federation - Dominion War Phase II. The Dominion would need to come into play as the good guys (or at least, equal to the Klingons). A potential ally against the Iconians? Who knows.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We might get a Dominion faction or Dominion/Cardassian faction, but we will never get a Dominion/True Way faction. I can easily see a Dominion/Cardassian faction if Odo is in charge of the Dominion forces in the Alpha Quadrant since he is "friends" with Garak and is not likely to break that friendship.
  • Options
    kiloacekiloace Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Because:Both the Tal Shiar and True Way are depicted as evil. Cryptic wont release an evil faction, regardless of our desire.

How about a mini-faction/campaign?
  • Options
    amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No more new faction gimmicks.

"The Big Three" is enough to develop and improve upon.
  • Options
    makeitsofrakesmakeitsofrakes Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't think we'll ever get Dominion/True Way, BUT there have been countless hints throughout the game and loading screen tidbits that make it seem like the Cardassians might join the Federation soon.
    "Be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars."
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No more new faction gimmicks.

"The Big Three" is enough to develop and improve upon.

Yep. Like making "The Big Two Point Five" into a legitimate "Big Three."

No more half-factions, and make the current one a real full faction.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While I'm not particularly eager for a new (sub)faction, I'd probably rather see the Dominion over the Cardassians. They're a much larger entity that could certainly hold its own as a major galactic player.

Unfortunately, Cryptic have already shot themselves in the foot pretty hard with the lockboxes and JHAS. Cardassians.. they could probably get away with discontinuing the Cardassian Lockbox(converting existing ones into 'choose a lockbox' packs). People who already have their Galors would keep them, but there'd be no new ones entering circulation(aside from actual Cardassian ones).