test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Fleet Console Stacking

arbitreauxarbitreaux Member Posts: 15 Arc User
Are the 2.5% proc's on fleet consoles subject to diminishing returns? As in, would two ShH or HuH consoles give two 2.5% chances to process their abilities?

Thank you for your help.
Post edited by arbitreaux on

Comments

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's no diminishing return, but they're not additive. Three 2.5% procs is not a 7.5% chance, it's three 2.5% chances. Three separate rolls of the dice, in other words.
  • arbitreauxarbitreaux Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for your reply.

Does the internal 10 second cooldown apply separately or to both console?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There's no diminishing return, but they're not additive. Three 2.5% procs is not a 7.5% chance, it's three 2.5% chances. Three separate rolls of the dice, in other words.

Three separate rolls of 2.5% would still equal 7.5% in terms of odds. You would have to test out the actual in game math and see if that is how it is handling it, or is it just one actual roll of 2.5% while the others are not being applied. Since I currently don't have any I myself cannot do any testing as of right now.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Three separate rolls of 2.5% would still equal 7.5% in terms of odds.

If it's three separate checks, then it's actually only a 7.3% chance that one will proc... there's a (97.5%)^3 (which is roughly 92.7%) chance that none of them will proc at all.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    yeah but it doesnt actually increase your chance.. its still only 2.5%

that means you still have a 97.5% of a chance of failure each time..

any way, i have both of these consoles on my vesta, along with the borg set..

its very nice.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
    edited July 2013
    arbitreaux wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

Does the internal 10 second cooldown apply separately or to both console?

There's no way to see the cooldown and I doubt anyone has bothered to test extensively, but it's *probably* shared between multiple consoles of the same type.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Something worth noting:

In regards to at least the two heal consoles, they tend to have an 'if one procs, all proc' effect to them. Could've been fixed, could still be like that. But basically, if you proc the heal on one of them, all consoles of the same type automatically proc.

But a shield heal one won't proc the hull heal one, and vice versa.

I dunno if being different or the same marks affects that or not.

Also, heard that the plasma console ones only stack up to 3, just FYI.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • deathray38deathray38 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    From my experience:

I use 2x mk XII plasma infused consoles
    Total chance of triggering is 2.5% BUT both consoles trigger ALWAYS at once.
    It also mean there is no way to trigger only one console.
    edited July 2013
    Well now that's interesting if the procs are linked, and probably not intentional.
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys, here's a probability calculator to determine the odds of getting any 2.5% proc out of 3 checks:

http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx

Yes, mandoknight89 got it right. :)
  • saegiosaegio Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    exactly the topic I was looking for :)

I am trying to decide if it is worth getting a 3rd [Console - Science - Particle Generators Mk XII [ShH] [-Th]] for my science build. Using two of those atm.

I am also using 1x [Console - Science - Particle Generators Mk XII [-Th] [Pla]] just for fun.

So I got one science slot left where I use [Console - Science - Particle Generator Mk XII] atm.

So you guys were saying if one procs then all proc and its like rolling a dice 3 times if you have 3 consoles. question is if all proc does the shield heal stack as well?
    [SIGPIC]2e0slyf.jpg[/SIGPIC]