test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What ships to get?

ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
Currently, I own the Armitage and Atrox, so I'm not sure what to get while the sale is still going on. I was thinking of either the Scim 3 pack, or the Arkif and and D+D, or maybe Vesta or Kumari 3 pack. Thoughts?
Post edited by ericsonxx on

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sounds like you like fighters, maybe the Vesta or Scimitar 3 pack? I guess is sorta depends on what you might be looking for, anything specific?
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ericsonxx wrote: »
    Currently, I own the Armitage and Atrox, so I'm not sure what to get while the sale is still going on. I was thinking of either the Scim 3 pack, or the Arkif and and D+D, or maybe Vesta or Kumari 3 pack. Thoughts?

I have both the Scimitar and the Vesta 3 packs. I really like the Vesta, even for my Tac toons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Vesta is well worth the cost for the single or 3-pack. Awesome ship with lots of options including, science, tac and hybrid builds with pets. The aux cannons are just icing on the cake. She can also maneuver very well when equipped. With a middle of the road AP build with 10% set bonus from SoI set I am getting middle of the road scores in PvP ... which is actually very good for a science vessel (with science toon).

The scimitar is a mixed bag. It is a super powerful ship that can be made survivable but requires a large investment in gear to get there. Also even with armor consoles with turn (Dilithium mine) she is very sluggish. Top DPS is easy but you pay for it.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I came back from a small break for GTAO, to do the winter event. I had a bit of a stipend waiting for me and a few lvl 1 characters that I started when I left.. so I bought the NX and OG enterprise - I fly the NX, with the ent's pew-pew's, and am having all sorts of fun with it. - even though the beams level with your character, I'm sure they won't be end game relevant - and the grappler is fun, I don't see it replacing a tractor beam. - but I got enough of end game of the this game to make it a non issue for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you mainly play a Rom, you can't go wrong with a combination of just the Scimitar (on it's own) and a Valdore so you can whip the console off the Valdore (best Romulan console there is, end of) and slap it on the Scimitar. ;)

Fed side, I love my Kumari 3 pack, including all 3 of the consoles. Gotta love wing cannon platforms with either CRF or Scatter Volley. :D If they don't live long, you're doing it wrong as they last ages for me. :cool: