test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Eps flow regulators

row124row124 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
Hey can someone give it to me straight. Is eps flow regulator worth it?

I've recently been testing it and it looks like it works, but than again that could just be wishing it to work.
Post edited by row124 on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eps flow with beams = the hotness.

It fills in over capped power faster, therefore you stay at 125 more often. Well worth the investment in the skill tree...not enough for a console though. no room.

It could be ok for cannons of you had 200+ of it, otherwise it just can't keep up with the shot speed of cannons
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    row124row124 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    row124 wrote: »
    Hey can someone give it to me straight. Is eps flow regulator worth it?

I've recently been testing it and it looks like it works, but than again that could just be wishing it to work.

Thanks, I thought the console was useful and I will take your advice.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The console is LOLTHISHASGOTTABESOMETYPEOFJOKE, the skill is worth it, though.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I helped a fleetmate test these a while ago and found they did increase his cruiser's DPS, but found the universal consoles that increase Crit, Accuracy or add plasma procs were superior.

If you have a new character without rep and lobi store gear then EPS consoles are a cheap way to increase your damage, until you get something better that is.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It helps when you are an engineer from what I noticed (I have the Fed tac/sci/eng toons and a tac KDF one). For using beams on my main Joined Trill eng toon, it's pretty handy and epic.

I also use the following space traits:
    Techie
    Warp Theorist
    Astrophysicist
    Accurate
    Grace Under Fire
    EPS Manifold Efficiency
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    coffeemike wrote: »
    It helps when you are an engineer from what I noticed (I have the Fed tac/sci/eng toons and a tac KDF one). For using beams on my main Joined Trill eng toon, it's pretty handy and epic.

I also use the following space traits:
    Techie
    Warp Theorist
    Astrophysicist
    Accurate
    Grace Under Fire
    EPS Manifold Efficiency

honestly the only ability i know of that this consoles would help an engi is the one that increases slowly your powerlevels for 30 seconds...with the console it reaches the maximum power that ability grants slightly faster.

and as the others have stated, it does help recover weapon power overcap, but at a rate that clearly is so little, that it doesn't justify using a precious console slot for it instad of, for instance, an assimilated console or zero point module.

one EPS console has virtually no impact, 3-4 of them however have a visible impact in parses on a beam build.
    a justifyable use of this console is with BO, and if you shift between subsystem setting (wich is pretty powerfull on its own) frequently
    if neither is the case, leave that console where it belongs...the trashcan.
    Go pro or go home