test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auto Attack

trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Controls and User Interface
For the longest time my space auto attack(toggle never cancels) has worked fine. My ground auto attack(toggle never cancles) has been broken, I wouldn't auto target enemies near by unless they were in the same spawned group, I'd have to tab target and manually reactivate my weapon to fire, terribly annoying.

Now today I went into Assaulting the Spire Elite and my ship now has the same problem as my ground weapons. Even though I'm still on (toggle never cancles) and my weapons wont automatically pick a target and shoot. I have 'requires target to attack' turned off. I have to manually target and hit spacebar for every enemy. This is really broken, is there some way for me to fix this or is everyone in the same boat?
Post edited by trv13 on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    trv13 wrote: »
    For the longest time my space auto attack(toggle never cancels) has worked fine. My ground auto attack(toggle never cancles) has been broken, I wouldn't auto target enemies near by unless they were in the same spawned group, I'd have to tab target and manually reactivate my weapon to fire, terribly annoying.

Now today I went into Assaulting the Spire Elite and my ship now has the same problem as my ground weapons. Even though I'm still on (toggle never cancles) and my weapons wont automatically pick a target and shoot. I have 'requires target to attack' turned off. I have to manually target and hit spacebar for every enemy. This is really broken, is there some way for me to fix this or is everyone in the same boat?

I would have to sample this problem myself and play with the options, but for now the best I can say is set your options for space and ground combat back to their defaults and see how it goes.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried resetting them to their defaults and it didn't help.

I used to be able to fire once and just run around auto attacking everything.I could clear a whole level with out having to select manually or hit tab after the first attack. Now I have to hit tab each time I want to attack something and sometimes my auto attack just turns off on its own.

This is making ground combat a lot less fun...
  • trv13trv13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For space I narrowed the problem down to that while the auto attack is still active on my weapons, Green boxes on my weapons flashing, with 'toggle never cancles', the problem lies with that I don't automatically target anything. I tried 'select attacker if attacked" which did target my attacker and I did start attacking it, this doesn't help if i'm working with allies and I am not being directly attacked where by my ship does nothing until I manually tell it to.

I think everything was working fine at the release of the sphere season, something must have changed in a recent patch.