test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Idea] Old Terran Empire Skins made PC usable

terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Federation Discussion
I always have liked the look of the old skins that the Terran Empire had used in STO. I do concede the new skins are more authentic and canon to their established look. But I had a simple thought as to a way Cryptic could turn some revenue while recycling a now disused asset.

Make the old TE ship skins available on the C-Store, Lobi Store, or possibly associated with a new set? There was something different and enticing about those old dark hulls and UV-like trim. Here are some of the pics I could find for those of us who never saw these ship visuals in game.

Old TE Oddy 1
Old TE Oddy 2
Old TE Defiant 1
Old TE Defiant 2
Old TE Defiant 3

It's different, but as we now can fly vessels with Breen, Dominion, Reman, and similar re-skinned hulls, I don't think these would be any more out of place.
Post edited by terongray on

Comments

• imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would pay to use the old textures but i would pay more to use the current. I like the old Textures but i like the newer more cannon ones better :)
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For the old TE skin just get the Jemp'hadar Shields
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would pay to use the old textures but i would pay more to use the current. I like the old Textures but i like the newer more cannon ones better :)

For that, I would venture they would argue fly the available mirror ships. Though that could be associated with owning a TE ship.
    natthaan wrote: »
    For the old TE skin just get the Jemp'hadar Shields

Not similar. You only get roughly the same nacelle colours. The hull skins are completely different. I couldn't find the same class with both skins, but these are close enough to see the stark contrast.

TE Noble
    Sovy with Jem Set
  • torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have to say I like the new, "canon" skins better; I'd love to see those skins made available for all ships, maybe as a C-store unlock or a set visual.

As for the old TE skins..they are nice, but they look *close* enough to the Jem'Hadar set visuals to make it not worth having both available.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not a fan of yellow. I prefer the old skins much more.
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not a fan of yellow. I prefer the old skins much more.

Same, one of the reasons I was a tad miffed way back when they first introduced the mirror ship boxes, after the skin change.

As for the old TE skins..they are nice, but they look *close* enough to the Jem'Hadar set visuals to make it not worth having both available.

There aren't close at all when put side-by-side. I'm still trying to find good images of the same ship with the two sets. But these assets already exist, implementing them as PC usable could be a easy way to make some more money for Cryptic and friends.