test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it's just a game and we're just addicted to this game and even though we had so much to lose, they will not give us anything as compensation .... like I said, it's just a game:(
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    NO CRASH o_o Legacy of Romulus Screen O_____O (i also got the Material Files Reloaded Message)????

The Server is unavailable at this time, so i will try again later.

No Ticket<<< IT WORKS!!!!!
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • spreenaut2spreenaut2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It works !
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it's just a game and we're just addicted to this game and even though we had so much to lose, they will not give us anything as compensation .... like I said, it's just a game:(

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but that's not entirely true. A lot of us have shelled out cold hard cash for gold subscription, lifetime subscription or microtransactions eg ships.

We have paid for a service we have not been receiving for more than two weeks through no fault of our own. Someone paying for a months sub has now effectively been robbed of more than ?5 in UK money, not to speak of missing out on a number of sales and rewards.

Most critical amongst these is the lost lobi and the fact that most of us will now miss out on the ship sale.

They also failed to extend the dyson tribble event for thosse still stuck, even though it would have cost them abolutely NOTHING since it was never going to go on sale anyway.

Whilst it is just a game we're still being ripped off without the slightest sign of a meaningful apology, compensation or even extending events/sales so we dont miss out.

It doesnt even make sense not to extend those sales since they are losing our custom by not letting us buy. Do they really think we'd be happy to pay full price having been locked out for more than two weeks?

In a lot of ways I'm lucky. I come from a family of rabid trek fans where both my father and sister are avid STOers. They can get in the game and my sis was kind enough to log in for me to pick up the Excelsior on sale and between them they've done about five days lobi for me.

But at the end of the day Im still without the dyson tribble, I've still missed out on the master key sale, over 100 lobi down and I've been unable to augment my ourchased zen by dil grinding (and will thus miss out on being able to purchase another ship on sale, probably the D'Dex).

And as I said before, I'm less affected by this than most.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • demonofrazgriz96demonofrazgriz96 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It works !
  • redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you're right, that's true what you say dave
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It works. Thank you
  • toalla2305toalla2305 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Finally...it works again!

Only three more words:

Patch Holodeck now!!
    handle: @toalla2305
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Warning Stupid Question ahead: This is the first time for me on the Tribble Test Server, what exactly can i do there? :confused:
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
    edited November 2013
    It not working for me, I'm still crashing with error code 25664664.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

• fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now, that's really odd.

Nice that this worked for you.

Though the way it came over you is a little... weird. They're all bashing Cryptic for their mishaps, but apparently, everyone got used to MS messing up their updates... ;)

Didn't see these updates, yet...

And I'm not sure if it wasn't the IE update, as at least the launcher seems to be based on IE in some way.

EDIT: Found the .net update. Wondering why I didn't get a notification...

EDIT 2: Didn't work for me.
    Only got the .Net Framework update, here, no IE 11 (think that one's already installed - I don't use it, but some programs ignore the preferences and load their link via IE, thus I keep it updated) and no security update.
    There only was an optional bing desktop installation I didn't load...

yeah that stupid Bing bit is persistent as all hell. I hide it and they always force it to refresh. They are determined I am going to install it and I refuse to. This computer has never had a toolbar and I'll be bloody damned if it ever will.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    NOTE: I just updated Windows 7 with the new updates and they did NOT work. I don't know it's working for him with the launcher but I can verify that the updates did not fix the launcher problems.

I have a feeling it is because of the side effect it had on my PC. it killed EVERYTHING - settings - profiles - it made my Windows as if I just installed it. It made me SO glad I keep my docs, pics, music, programs, etc. on other drives and keep Windows isolated. One of the things it killed were my preferences for STO. When i did get back into the game, all settigns were reverted to default. I had to reset everything as if i just installed STO.

I am at work now, but when i get home this evening I plan to attempt to do a system restore. If that doesn;t work i may reinstall Windows. That's the bugger - the updates jacked up my Windows beyond belief but fixed STO . . . go figure . . .
    dave18193 wrote: »
    I mean no disrespect when I say this, but that's not entirely true. A lot of us have shelled out cold hard cash for gold subscription, lifetime subscription or microtransactions eg ships.

Admittedly I am one of the defenders of this game. Most of you have seen me come in on Cryptic's defense on a lot of issues. But in this case, I do have to concur that I was about to take advantage of the LTS sale . . . however having not been able to access the game and seeing no fix coming before the sale ends has indeed stopped me from this purchase. Yes, I know a whacked out update install somehow fixed my game for me, but i am NOT about to leave my Windows a mess to play a single game. I am fixing my Windows somehow tonight, and if that means losing access to STO again then so be it. However if i fix Windows and the game still works, I may consider getting the LTS - but that will not be a consideration for me until I know that I can have the game AND an operating system as well.
    sharpknees wrote: »
    Tribble Works !!!!!!!!! :)

Worked for me also, until i changed it to DX11 where it should be. Now I can;t get in again to even change the setting back.
  • sharpkneessharpknees Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Persistent Officer :(
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sharpknees wrote: »
    *waits somewhat eagerly for the update to load.*

*collects his mind prior to hit "engage"*

*watches the loading bar load about 105%...*

*is in the game, but due to the windowed setting has his HUD messed up a little; will switch to fullscreen mode, hopes it will work without crashing*

Though, this seem to be my usual settings - running smooth atm...

Will come back later to report.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • starcomet1starcomet1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I will try the tribble server.
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am pleased to report that i am able to get into tribble :) the fix works on my end. well done Cryptic team!
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
    edited November 2013
    Oh the Tribble server is just as big as the regular server. I have enough space for it, but I do not want it on my computer. I will likely just wait till they released the patch officially. If it gets rid of the 188 error code for you guys then it should hopefully for me.
  • jason3131972jason3131972 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my launcher trys 5 times to update and its a no go I cant even log into the game to freaking play jesus get something right for once please I like playing when its actually working is there a way to make this issue go away someone please help
    edited November 2013
    Just tried changing my direct x settings.

Still no luck. error 25664664.

This is beyond a joke. Really.

Safe mode didn't work either.

• f3dprodf3dprod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yay, working here. Mat Files reloaded Message is there and my old friend D3D:Shaderwhatchamaycallit but it runs so far. Will do some more thorough testing later on. :thumbsup:

Be adviced: The above post may contain black humor, irony and sarcasm without proper tagging,
    wich may unintentionally hurt some internet feelings. Parents are liable for their children.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013

more than a game for some, i have some old friends one who is Portuguese, and i can spend time with them and hang out in the game
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Warning Stupid Question ahead: This is the first time for me on the Tribble Test Server, what exactly can i do there? :confused:

ok tribble server, first you nee to open the launcher, and on the top right of the launcher window you will see "options" click it

another window will open with a series of tick boxes. make sure the "show tray icon" box is ticked.

and fast start isnt

save, then restart the launcher

now you will find to the bottom left above the loading bar you will have 2 options, one of them is tribble. click on it,

then go have a cuppa while it downloads

Enjoy:cool:
    nerf.jpg]
  • meat0918meat0918 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Good news! The resolution mentioned above is now available for testing on Tribble! Notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=934471

I am in SoCal now with limited forum access, so I'll try and check back later and hope to see everyone with 18897741 post that the fix has worked for them. Thanks again for all your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It worked for me on Tribble!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you really going to have to wait until next week's patch though?
    edited November 2013
    dave18193 wrote: »
    Just tried changing my direct x settings.

Still no luck. error 25664664.

This is beyond a joke. Really.

Safe mode didn't work either.

im sorry to hear that. even if i do get in, im am sticking around. so you wont be alone :)

i am kinda sad to see this thread go

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/002/f/8/I_Don__t_Wanna_Go_Doctor_Who_by_Water_Pixie.jpg
    nerf.jpg]
  • terrafuriaterrafuria Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am pleased to report that i am able to get into tribble the fix works on my end. well done Cryptic team!
    Paitence, it will pay off eventually. !

I am glad you are patient my friend. Providing it all runs ok the it will not go to Holodeck for a week.

I personaly think we have been patient enough.
    Lest we forget 18897741
    edited November 2013
    I am sure the team will look into this 25664664 error code also. They should also be examining this and not just the 188 error code.
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terrafuria wrote: »
    I am glad you are patient my friend. Providing it all runs ok the it will not go to Holodeck for a week.

I personaly think we have been patient enough.
    I do agree.. Maybe if we are fortunate brandon will suggest an emergency maitenance sometime this weekend.. because i have noticed.. the Lobi event thats going on right now ends on the day we get back into holodeck. we also missed our chance for the tribble..
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
    edited November 2013
    I really really want to go to bed. but i gotta wait for the download
    nerf.jpg]
  • ryocamelinryocamelin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The tribble test server works, no graphic glitches or artefacts for me. my main system works with no error. holodeck still gives the 18 series error though. At least I can kinda play, or explore, or whatever. Think I'll keep writing until holodeck is updated though.
    We were the Borg, you should have been Assimilated, your Biological and Technological Distinctiveness was not added to our own, instead ... you exposed us to kittens.:D
  • jdinkinsjdinkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if everyone is on again but I got in through tribble. Yes thank you. If my sorry puter can get in then almost all of you should be able to....a moment of silence for 18897741, she was a very bad "insert curse here" but she just had to go. So long 18897741 R.I.P "May we never see you again" :) KKHHHHHHAAAANNNNNN!:D
This discussion has been closed.